Level 30

In Halo 2 if you were between 30-40 (legit) in any playlist you were considered pretty good. Some of the most competitive matching I ever participated in was between these ranks. Do you think this will occur in TMCC?

Wasn’t that only because of modders/host boots/lag switchrs ect? it’ll be high 40s-50 in mcc

Hard to tell can’t wait to get there though!

Sort of but it was also much harder to maintain those ranks regardless of the cheats. I’m excited to get back up to that point though… :slight_smile:

As long as 343 don’t give up on there goal to make a game with competitive ranked playlists it will happen. My best memories of Halo were pushing ranks in Halo 3. No doubt there was plenty of cheating even in Halo 3 but it was a fairly good ranking system regardless. If they can get it too work on dedicated servers it will be great. I would be spending the same amount of hours I did in matchmaking as I did back then again if they can get it to work.

I remember getting up to lvl43 in H2 before being modded to sh!tt thereafter game after game…

Who’s getting the first 50? :slight_smile:

I had a 35 in H2 BTB and that is still one of my proudest achievements in my video-gaming career,

First I’ll shoot for double digits.

If I make it that far, then I’ll shoot for 20.

If I ever hit 30, I’ll be ecstatic.

Yeah modders ruined it, I got to 39 legit but could not get higher due to all the cheats, just went straight out customs from then on haha

I was low thirties in Halo 2 and low fourties in Halo 3. I need to get practicing.

> 2773868877646226;11:
> I was low thirties in Halo 2 and low fourties in Halo 3. I need to get practicing.

No. If you couldn’t get multiple 50s in H3 you weren’t very good.

before patch i was level 20 after patch level 44

> 2533274794882192;1:
> In Halo 2 if you were between 30-40 (legit) in any playlist you were considered pretty good. Some of the most competitive matching I ever participated in was between these ranks. Do you think this will occur in TMCC?

In 2004 I was always ranked 31-33 on my Xbox, When I bought an Xbox 360 in 2007, i was ranked between 34-38. I’m guessing that due to all the modders and cheaters, I found it impossible to consistently win games to rank up, unless you did it before standbying became common, and the short-time between the stand-by craze and modding. I’m assuming once the best players get to 50 and play the playlist less (to avoid losing the rank), the next tier of players will get to 50 and so on. I’m assuming you can add about 8 to 12 levels to Halo 2’s rank, and that’s what you’ll probably be.

I could never even reach a 40 in Halo 2 but in Halo 3 I got multiple 50’s. I’m guessing MCC will be closer to Halo 3 but that’s just speculation considering I’m yet to get into a single game of matchmaking

I got to a 39 in H2 Team Hardcore and then it was pretty much a crap shoot. Pretty much just ran into standbyers every other game along with other type of modding. I was always really happy with how far I made it.

> 2533274915185736;7:
> Who’s getting the first 50? :slight_smile:

Most likely me.

I was too young to be aloud to have LIVE in the Halo 2 days. I got LIVE at the end of the Halo 3 days so this is really my opportunity to find the “good ole’ days.”

32 on h2 and 46 on h3. I feel like I could have gotten a 50 on a fresh account. Both ranks were in team doubles

I’m a pretty mediocre player. I never had my own account to play online during the Halo 2 days (I was always a guest of a friend’s at his place) nor did I have Xbox LIVE during Halo 3 days (poor college student at the time). But I had a 32 CSR in Halo 4, which is slightly above average. And since Halo 2 is significantly more competitive, I’ll probably have between a 15-25. Plus I’m almost 30 years old and probably can’t keep up with the dexterity of youth anymore (I know “almost 30” isn’t old, but I am already getting arthritis, so shut up) anyway, point is, I don’t expect to reach 40 or 50 and don’t really care because I have excuses :stuck_out_tongue:

lol