Lets try to get some more postivility on here okay?

cause im tire of seeing the same posts talking about the same damn issues that we got our points across like the first week of mp can we please do some more positive posts here like make the forums welcoming to halo fans and not push them away with this toxicity?

please?

24 Likes

This is halo, the fanbase has a toxic habit of only complaining about the current games and looking fondly upon the previous ones. Still not forgetting the complains Halo 2 got and how it was “clearly the definitive death of the franchise” as many put it.

We’re just going to have to endure the complaints until the next game comes out and that turns into the worst halo game ever. Until then no positivity allowed.

8 Likes

Yeah but still some wouldn’t hurt here and there

2 Likes

I like the game so far. It’s more fun to play right now than any other halo besides going back to 3 with friends

7 Likes

There see that’s what I’m talking about that’s what I want to see here positive things not what is now

3 Likes

To me this new system of making money has been in the works since Windows 7. I find it difficult to play a game when money has become all that matters as I play it. I just wanna play a well built crazy fun game. HALO is a pioneer and it has evolved into a less than enjoyable environment. Combat Evolved, not Money Grubbed.

10 Likes

the money is just for cosmetics, the gameplay doesn’t require you to spend that money

5 Likes

I really appreciate how every gun in the game is really fun to use, and they’re all satisfying to get kills with. Something I really appreciate.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, there are many design decisions which revolve around the monetization scheme. So much so that in a developer’s own words, they can’t simply add in a Team Slayer playlist because they way that playlists work is inextricably tied to the monetization mechanics. So even if you never buy a thing from the store, it still does affect gameplay and content.

10 Likes

To say something positive, the core gameplay of the multiplayer is very good, it is perhaps the best since Halo 3. I sincerely hope they work everything else surrounding it out.

8 Likes

The game looks good and is fun to play. Some items on the battle pass are cool. I feel like matches are close and engaging. And queue times are short.

1 Like

I disagree. Constructive criticism is a good thing. Of course, rude/pointless posts are not. The mods could always restrict repetitive topics into a pinned thread if it’s getting spammy.

3 Likes

which can happen form time to time

how does it affect gameplay?

I’m positive that the volume and consistency of negative feedback is the only way 343 will make changes.

Goodness knows they didn’t listen to us during or after the Technical Flights.

5 Likes

Fact of the matter is, it’s human nature to be more likely to want to complain about the things that annoy us more than we want to praise the things we like. That being said, I wouldn’t mind getting to actually give some praise in addition to adding my voice to complaining about the lack of content and the customization system. I am absolutely enjoying the gameplay. Feels really good. Definitely not classic Halo, but that just means there’s no reason to drop MCC.

2 Likes

r/Halo got locked lmao

2 Likes

The way they have it deeply affects gameplay. First of all, according to one of the developer’s statements from earlier today, they built the playlist systems around the battle pass and challenge systems and have to “decouple them” before they can even introduce a simple slayer playlist. Even outside of technical limitations, their challenge system doesn’t work unless there are a limited number of playlists that rely on RNG. So they made a conscious decision to artificially limit the number of game types and playlists in order to make more money on the battle pass and store.

Secondly, before the general outcry, they clearly meant to have quickplay, BTB and ranked as the only three permanent playlists, and all “special” playlists such as Fiesta and SWAT were meant to be rotated in for a week every couple of months for special events only, of course with corresponding items to be bought in the store.

Third, the challenge system for unlocking items from the paid Battle Pass is such that it incentivizes people to AFK or leave games, because it is reliant on the limited number of playlists using RNG in order to artificially increase the difficulty and length of completing challenges. So you get a lot of players who are playing for their challenges rather than playing the game.

Absolutely everything was ultimately built around the store and it makes a HUGE difference in how people play the game.

6 Likes

You could have made a positive post, you know. Instead you made another post complaining about something.

7 Likes

My mind hurts seeing people defend Halo 5’s method of unlocking armor as of recently.

1 Like