Lets temper expectations for a bit

Alright so obviously it’s really easy to be hyped about the first flight, whether or not you are selected so long as flighting begins, but as stated by Sk7tch this flight will be very small and your chances of being selected are also very small. With that in mind we also have to remember this first flight will not be a multiplayer flight with invasion, slayer or infection but will be a more polished version of the E3 demo. If you aren’t selected please don’t be disheartened or upset, aside from some data 343 will be pulling from this flight there will not be that much to actually test and you would be re-running the one campaign mission until you get burned out. With that in mind I hope you get selected and are able to help with the first flight.

> 2533274937588144;1:
> Alright so obviously it’s really easy to be hyped about the first flight, whether or not you are selected so long as flighting begins, but as stated by Sk7tch this flight will be very small and your chances of being selected are also very small. With that in mind we also have to remember this first flight will not be a multiplayer flight with invasion, slayer or infection but will be a more polished version of the E3 demo. If you aren’t selected please don’t be disheartened or hurt, aside from some data 343 will be pulling from this flight there will not be that much to actually test and you would be re-running the one campaign mission until you get burned out. With that in mind I hope you get selected and are able to help with the first flight.

Good job posting this, Had something in mind for making a post like this. I know a lot of people will probably be upset when they find out they didn’t get picked. Unfortunately since there isn’t any hard numbers out (to my knowledge) about the amount of insiders that will be picked we can all just hope for the best.

Good Luck to everyone!

> 2533274994289225;2:
> > 2533274937588144;1:
> > Alright so obviously it’s really easy to be hyped about the first flight, whether or not you are selected so long as flighting begins, but as stated by Sk7tch this flight will be very small and your chances of being selected are also very small. With that in mind we also have to remember this first flight will not be a multiplayer flight with invasion, slayer or infection but will be a more polished version of the E3 demo. If you aren’t selected please don’t be disheartened or hurt, aside from some data 343 will be pulling from this flight there will not be that much to actually test and you would be re-running the one campaign mission until you get burned out. With that in mind I hope you get selected and are able to help with the first flight.
>
> Good job posting this, Had something in mind for making a post like this. I know a lot of people will probably be upset when they find out they didn’t get picked. Unfortunately since there isn’t any hard numbers out (to my knowledge) about the amount of insiders that will be picked we can all just hope for the best.
>
> Good Luck to everyone!

Yeah I just saw there’s a lot of hype and rightfully so but it’s also good to keep it all in check so you aren’t disappointed if/when you aren’t selected for the first flight. Also knowing that there wont be anything to actually test that hasn’t been tested at E3 helps keeping the hype in line.

And even for just the flighting in general, yes this is a chance to play Halo on PC early. However, like the original MCC insiders, this is first and foremost a bug and feature test.
It should not be treated as a demo or a public beta, and nothing near final.

I’m expecting 1 section of 1 mission that is buggy as hell.

I’m still way too hyped!

I couldn’t agree more with this post. It’s very exciting to see the flighting begin as it is a sign of great progress in the game’s development, but people need to be realistic, and to be fair, in terms of getting picked for the flight, the odds are against…well, everyone :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for making this post. To be honest, I kind of expected this from flighting. As the devs have stated, this isn’t just a chance to play Halo on PC early, it’s a beta test.

Thanks for this post “OP” and I want to believe that everyone will practice patience and temper expectations when it comes to these flights. While it’s going to be a very small majority of players that will test this demo out first, I also don’t want those individuals to boast either. It should remain quiet.

Speculating is another word that I want to people to understand during these processes for flighting. I have no doubt in my mind that players who don’t get it in will try and place the blame on those that are more well-known in the Halo Community (Pro Players, Streamers, etc) or those that are outside the community that has a huge following. I think it’s important to realize that this could divide the PC community before it even begins. I urge those to exercise restraint as it’s pure speculation on the selection process and who gets selected. We need to listen to the developers and trust in what they say.

In ending, we are all Halo fans and we have been asking for Halo to return to PC for a long time and we want this community to be the best community in the world and I wouldn’t ask for a better community as of right now. In saying that I am truly happy for all those that spend their time on these forums helping players and being respectful at the same time. I am really excited about the future for Halo on PC thanks to 343 and if and when I get selected I look forward to putting 100% into providing feedback after every session.

Congrats to all those in advance who get selected for the first flight. Don’t forget to provide feedback. Cheers!

Even if I don’t get accepted in the first run, I’m still hyped to see some more gameplay!

> 2533274939141938;9:
> Even if I don’t get accepted in the first run, I’m still hyped to see some more gameplay!

You will not be seeing anything more than this.

Except beautiful beautiful high FOV, FPS and all that deliciousness.

Honestly if this round missed me I wouldn’t be upset. I’m more interested in the multiplayer.

> 2533274882881665;10:
> > 2533274939141938;9:
> > Even if I don’t get accepted in the first run, I’m still hyped to see some more gameplay!
>
> You will not be seeing anything more than this.
>
> Except beautiful beautiful high FOV, FPS and all that deliciousness.

I don’t think the FOV is gonna be drastic. If you pull the camera back you can see the arms looking like they are floating

> 2533274840266236;12:
> > 2533274882881665;10:
> > > 2533274939141938;9:
> > > Even if I don’t get accepted in the first run, I’m still hyped to see some more gameplay!
> >
> > You will not be seeing anything more than this.
> >
> > Except beautiful beautiful high FOV, FPS and all that deliciousness.
>
> I don’t think the FOV is gonna be drastic. If you pull the camera back you can see the arms looking like they are floating

IIRC people who got to play with it at E3 said the fov cap was 90.

Although if they move the viewmodel you can make the fov way higher without having floating arms.

> 2535443013226183;13:
> > 2533274840266236;12:
> > > 2533274882881665;10:
> > > > 2533274939141938;9:
> > > > Even if I don’t get accepted in the first run, I’m still hyped to see some more gameplay!
> > >
> > > You will not be seeing anything more than this.
> > >
> > > Except beautiful beautiful high FOV, FPS and all that deliciousness.
> >
> > I don’t think the FOV is gonna be drastic. If you pull the camera back you can see the arms looking like they are floating
>
> IIRC people who got to play with it at E3 said the fov cap was 90.
>
> Although if they move the viewmodel you can make the fov way higher without having floating arms.

IDK, if thats how it was designed there may not be a way around it. Besides it’s halo. Why do you need 120 fov? It only makes things smaller and most games tend to lose some performance. I think 90 will be what I play anyway. A little bit of both worlds.

> 2533274840266236;14:
> > 2535443013226183;13:
> > > 2533274840266236;12:
> > > > 2533274882881665;10:
> > > > > 2533274939141938;9:
> > > > > Even if I don’t get accepted in the first run, I’m still hyped to see some more gameplay!
> > > >
> > > > You will not be seeing anything more than this.
> > > >
> > > > Except beautiful beautiful high FOV, FPS and all that deliciousness.
> > >
> > > I don’t think the FOV is gonna be drastic. If you pull the camera back you can see the arms looking like they are floating
> >
> > IIRC people who got to play with it at E3 said the fov cap was 90.
> >
> > Although if they move the viewmodel you can make the fov way higher without having floating arms.
>
> IDK, if thats how it was designed there may not be a way around it. Besides it’s halo. Why do you need 120 fov? It only makes things smaller and most games tend to lose some performance. I think 90 will be what I play anyway. A little bit of both worlds.

Moving viewmodels is possible in CE and 2 on PC. And higher fov is good no matter what game you’re playing, it doesn’t really make things smaller in a bad way and if you’re hitting your monitors refresh rate cap the performance hit might not matter.

Flighting is starting in April!!! Sike. Flighting is not happening in May!!! Flighting IS starting in June!!! But… not for you!!

> 2533274957065411;16:
> Flighting IS starting in June!!! But… not for you!!

From the start they’ve been saying that the vast majority won’t get into the first flights. That isn’t new.

> 2535443013226183;17:
> > 2533274957065411;16:
> > Flighting IS starting in June!!! But… not for you!!
>
> From the start they’ve been saying that the vast majority won’t get into the first flights. That isn’t new.

I didn’t say it was new, wasn’t the point.

I will just be happy to see flighting actually start. That means that all of us are one big step closer to getting our hands on the game. Regardless of whether or not any of us gets picked, we know there will be plenty of Twitch Streamers and YouTubers, who will most likely be getting access, so that will help cool off the hype for a little bit.

Same as above speaker… For me, it is rather that the sooner the Flights start, chances are, sooner MCC Reach will be released in the store and sooner I get to play the game with friends.