Lets Talk. Your bad decision for AC in the update.

ok so i was just learned that youre upcoming update is Buffing Active Camo. my response is. are you insane?

Active Camo does NOT need a buff. if anything it needs a nerf. it should not give full stealth capability that it does now. for those who are not aware. the Active camo in its current state allows you to remain fully undetectable while crouched and crouch walking which is fine since it impedes your movement. However this effect also applies to walking. meaning not only are you unseen to the Eye. but undetectable by Radar. this makes it impossible for anyone to know someone is in AC. and is one of the reasons why ground vehicles have a very hard time. because they can be easily boarded without anyway of knowing someone was next to them in AC.

AC should function the same as in Halo Reach. where as your AC is active multiple red dots appear all over the enemies radar when in close proximity. this will make players aware that someone on the Enemy team is using AC near them but will not know where. this will give players especially in vehicles a fighting chance to find and kill the AC player.

AC is one of 3 things in this game imo need to get whacked by the nerf bat. (Active Camo, Banshee flip, and Plasma Pistol Emp)
people will wonder why i say these need a nerf so i might as well elaborate.

Active Camo.
already touched on above.

Banshee Flip.
so far the banshee flip has no cooldown in anyway. and also disable’s lock-on and kills tracking on tracking weapons such as Rockets, hydras and PP. thus making these weapons futile against the banshee.

Solution: Either place a cooldown on the banshee flip or make it use up the banshee boost meter by about 25% percent of the meter per flip.

PP EMP effect.
the EMP effect of the Plasma pistol and to an extent the Echidna Hydra launcher. are capable permanently indefinitely shutting down and immobilising vehicles. preventing them from fighting back or escaping by hitting them with EMP blasts that refresh the effect of the EMP on the vehicle before the vehicle itself has even recovered from the EMP. and combined with the fact for example the scorpion. if you get hit with a PP not only are you immobile but your Cannon is disabled as well. basically at that point its game over since you will be hit with another EMP blast refreshing the timer before your previous one wears off and giving you a small chance to fight back.

i have 2 Proposals for this one.

1. after a EMP effect is applied the vehicle receives a small 2 second immunity to EMP effects. giving the vehicle a chance to either kill its attacker or flee. (still disabled the vehicles weapon systems during the EMP effect.

2. the vehicle can constantly get EMPed and thus by way. permanently immobilised but the weapons systems on the vehicle remain active and usable. for example. if im in a scorpion and get hit by an EMP i am immobilised but i can still operate the main turret and gun to give me a chance to kill my attacker. giving me a fighting chance.

i want to hear other peoples thoughts. because im just astonished that 343i think the AC needs a buff when it doesn’t.

> 2535428795406531;1:
> ok so i was just learned that youre upcoming update is Buffing Active Camo. my response is. are you insane?
>
> Active Camo does NOT need a buff. if anything it needs a nerf. it should not give full stealth capability that it does now. for those who are not aware. the Active camo in its current state allows you to remain fully undetectable while crouched and crouch walking which is fine since it impedes your movement. However this effect also applies to walking. meaning not only are you unseen to the Eye. but undetectable by Radar. this makes it impossible for anyone to know someone is in AC. and is one of the reasons why ground vehicles have a very hard time. because they can be easily boarded without anyway of knowing someone was next to them in AC.
>
> AC should function the same as in Halo Reach. where as your AC is active multiple red dots appear all over the enemies radar when in close proximity. this will make players aware that someone on the Enemy team is using AC near them but will not know where. this will give players especially in vehicles a fighting chance to find and kill the AC player.

Reach’s system made sense to me, as did 3’s. In those games, your motion sensor was a motion sensor. Literally. That’s what it did. If something near you was moving above a certain speed, it would show up on your radar, even if it was invisible. In Reach, Camo combated this by jamming nearby motion sensors and causing them to hallucinate dots everywhere.
Also, Cam technically still isn’t ‘full stealth’. There’s a lot of noticeable shimmering going on around the user. I’m guessing that this buff will probably be a slight reduction in the shimmer.

Please don’t advocate making Active Camo useless.

For the love of god, please don’t.

> 2533274805075298;3:
> Please don’t advocate making Active Camo useless.
>
> For the love of god, please don’t.

it would not become useless with these nerf’s. it simply wouldn’t. its would still be very usable but it would be harder to use since you no longer have a auto win against vehicles and players. they still wont know exactly where you are just that your in the vicinity. itl be fine.

Nah, just time the active camo spawns. Active camo is underpowered compared to OS, and to be honest, I’m glad it’s getting a buff. Instead of complaining about the people that are going to kill you with active, just become that person.

So the Active Camo gets a buff, oh great!! Now I’m watching out for the Predator!!!

I think OP is thinking Warzone. Idk about OP, but AC definitely needs a buff. Walking while invisible and even jumping gives you away the second you do it. It shouldn’t be like that.

Best to add this feedback to the pinned thread, thanks