Lets talk weapon modifications (My own opinion)

Lets talk weapons shall we lads?
We all know Halo five is has an issue with balancing things (looking at you warzone.)
But could we address the weapons first?

Everyone has their own preference when it comes to play style and weapons. (Halo four I had a BR and Jetpack, I loved it but I was still easy enough to kill.)
So it makes me question exactly why certain weapons are so much greater than others.
For example the standard spawn weapon for most Arena based games involves the pistol as a secondary - which is really unfair.
I use the pistol a fair amount, because I am used to it, but my friend and a few others simply do not like it and thus are practically punished because others can destroy them with its high rate of fire, its high damage and its unchallenged range.
The pistol (in my own opinion) needs a serious nerf. Either take away its range capabilities or lower its rate of fire and damage.
There has never been a case where a pistol has beaten a BR or a Sniper at long range, so I find it incredibly unfair for people who just cannot use this weapon to be punished, since others can and its a standard spawn. Now I get it, “but Swift, thats just stupid. Its not our fault they can’t use the weapons!” and you’d be right, but lets look at games like Battlefield shall we? Lets remove the hill lurking snipers for one minute and assess how it plays. Everyone can select from four different classes with a variety of different weapons to suit their play style. They don’t all get put with the same guns so one team has the advantage.

Its like the education system, its putting every unique individual into one test that is focused on a particular thing, like maths shall we say? Some people just cannot do it well, and they need help, but because grades are such an expected thing, anyone that falls behind stays behind.

Sorry… a little off topic, my point is we need to accommodate for different play styles. Previous Halo’s have done this in the past, Halo Reachs Magnum (pre-Halo CE-A) was well balanced, and yes DMR’s were a dominator, but with the cover in the maps you could cover the gaps easily.
So in my own opinion, I think the pistol needs to lose some of its advantages, because really skilled players can use it so easily while others can’t and it just isn’t fair.

Lets move onto Warzone guns.
You should know what is coming: BR and SMG. Holy mahogany are these dominating weapons! (Relax, I have a few compilations of me rocking with these weapons on youtube, so I assure you I am not biased.)

SMG destroys up close, there is no other load out weapon that can really compare (if we’re talking JUST shooting.)
Now of course this is to be expected, its an SMG. But it was never really that powerful on Halo 2 or 3, in fairness it was only really that effective if you duel wielded it.
This Halo 5 SMG however is deadly accurate, with moderate range, damage and rate of fire. If the damage was reduced, or perhaps its accuracy we’d see people using different weapons.
My major concern however is the BR. What has become of it?
It used to be a gun that was a proud weapon of skilled players, that could still be killed of course.
Now? It has a small auto assist feature, with the same OP range the pistol has, a rapid rate of fire, and a rapid burst rate with pretty intense damage.
At this point I’d say the AR is finally one of the slowest weapons!
I really think the BR needs to be toned down greatly, it should trump the pistol in range but not the DMR. Or shoot down a Banshee from across the map (looking at you, random guy! Grrr!)

But in all seriousness this is pretty much how I’d go about it.

Pistol - Reduced rate of fire and damage or Reduced damage and no zoom option and low range.

SMG - Reduced damage and accuracy

BR - Reduced burst rate, fire rate and range or reduced damage and range.

Also, power weapons?.. Move the plasma pistol, bolt shot, suppressor, carbine, light rifle and storm rifle over to the load outs too?
They were in Halo four, and to be fair they were pretty balanced!

I actually prefer Halo four to Halo five in terms of balance.
Infinity slayer > Warzone simply because the weapons were a lot more balanced, and even if we were being destroyed by the enemy team I could still call in weapons.
I hardly think it is fair that the winning team (winning 450 - 120 lets say) should actually be rewarded even further to win so they can make that gap even bigger.
That isn’t balanced, thats awarding the team who got the lucky shot on the bosses, but thats a topic for another day.
What would you nerf and why?
Or would you increase a weapon?

hahaha you want weapons nerfed because people cant use them?

First off, pistol is a base weapon that can be defeated by an AR in the right hands, if the pistol shooter misses one shot, they basically lost (long range its useless and up close and personal its useless) the pistol is a mid range weapon that is meant to have a change when up against other mid ranged weapons like the BR. If it is nerfed the BR will crap all over it everytime, its meant to be powerful because those that spawn without any map pick ups have to have the ability/chance to survive when up against a more powerful weapon.

SMG- no one cares what it was like in halo 2 or halo 3. It was useless in the sandbox, balance means all weapons can be useful and can be countered, hence why the smg is useful in close range but useless at mid-long ranges. Just about every gun can beat the smg at every rang but close range which is were the smg’s strengths are.

BR- The BR is a mid-range weapon and will lose a fight against a dmr at long ranges, why? well because the burst of the BR makes it harder to hit at that long range compared to the DMR which is a single shot weapon with a faster firing rate. Now the BR is the go too mid range weapon, this is its key zone, it doesnt dominate the zone (needler can beat it, pistol at times can, noob combo, boltshot can at times, carbine can) basically other weapons can beat the BR in a straight up fight if they are in the right hands. Thats the key, a decent player can counter just about every weapon in their respected ranges while a bad player will have a hard time. Wait thats how it is for every game.

Weapon balance means that all the weapons are useful at their respected niches and all of them can be countered by another. All because you and or your friends dont know how to counter them or dont know their respected niches does NOT mean they need to be nerfed and or buffed.

Oh and when it comes to the warzone points, the team with the most points have every right to be rewarded in match for playing better, they started the match by outgunning the other team, they are playing better, they can get rewarded for it. Warzone is NOT meant to be a balanced mode, its meant to be a chaotic mode were players do crazy things with crazy weapons, trying to balance that is pointless because thats not that modes goal.

I kind of liked it when the weapons were a little less balanced. My favorite magnum was the Reach version, because it was a skill weapon that was powerful in the right hands, but SEVERELY outclassed by the likes of the DMR and the Needle Rifle. The assault rifle was a bit weak, but get 2v1 and you’ll turn a dorito into swiss cheese. It always felt fun to me.

Even in H3 I loved the magnum, it was especially tough to use. Maybe I just kind of like challenging myself? IDK, it just seems like H5’s weapons are all very easy to use.

Ouch, these hurt to read. Nerfing those guns will make them useless.

And making plasma pistol available as a loadout weapon would render vehicles nearly useless as well.

Everything about this thread is just so completely wrong.

Magnum isn’t overpowered. I’d say it could even use a buff. Nerfing it in itself doesn’t “promote playstyles” either.
BR doesn’t need nerfed (or to even be in the game for that matter but I digress).
Plasma Pistol does not belong in loadouts for what should be obvious reasons.

No no no. Just because your friends can’t use them, doesn’t mean they need a nerf. Fair starts, everyone gets the same loadout in Arena. Period.

You get shredded by an MP up close? Good, because that’s what it is meant for. Don’t go in an armory with the BR out, most of the times the other dude has his SMG and wants to get as near to you as possible. Nade that idiot, know how to use your thrusters and equip the SMG. Not satisfied? Then use the Storm Rifle, that thing destroys even SMGs up close (if you can hit). However a nerf is not needed.
Neither does the BR. All I’m reading is that you get bested at times and therefore want some nerfs. But that’s not how balance works. And jesus, Plasma Pistol as a loadout? That means RIP to all vehicles.

> 2533274809541057;4:
> Ouch, these hurt to read. Nerfing those guns will make them useless.
>
> And making plasma pistol available as a loadout weapon would render vehicles nearly useless as well.

Right because its fair that the winning team can spawn in tanks, banshees, and all others and spawn kill you in your home base without even going for the core itself?

> 2535457892133665;6:
> No no no. Just because your friends can’t use them, doesn’t mean they need a nerf. Fair starts, everyone gets the same loadout in Arena. Period.
>
> You get shredded by an MP up close? Good, because that’s what it is meant for. Don’t go in an armory with the BR out, most of the times the other dude has his SMG and wants to get as near to you as possible. Nade that idiot, know how to use your thrusters and equip the SMG. Not satisfied? Then use the Storm Rifle, that thing destroys even SMGs up close (if you can hit). However a nerf is not needed.
> Neither does the BR. All I’m reading is that you get bested at times and therefore want some nerfs. But that’s not how balance works. And jesus, Plasma Pistol as a loadout? That means RIP to all vehicles.

R.I.P to all vehicles with Voids Tear anyway…

I get bested, by all means. We all do, my point is the previous Halo games had a lot more balanced weapons.
There is no balance to this game, you load up Warzone and everyone used BR’s and SMG’s, which means people with different playstyles get shredded.
Its like putting a sniper into a mode with nothing but AR’s and giving them one.

Everyone has a different playstyle, and these weapons are far too OP.

> 2533274819302824;5:
> Everything about this thread is just so completely wrong.
>
> Magnum isn’t overpowered. I’d say it could even use a buff. Nerfing it in itself doesn’t “promote playstyles” either.
> BR doesn’t need nerfed (or to even be in the game for that matter but I digress).
> Plasma Pistol does not belong in loadouts for what should be obvious reasons.

An opinion cannot be wrong buddy…

> 2533274840624875;2:
> hahaha you want weapons nerfed because people cant use them?
>
> First off, pistol is a base weapon that can be defeated by an AR in the right hands, if the pistol shooter misses one shot, they basically lost (long range its useless and up close and personal its useless) the pistol is a mid range weapon that is meant to have a change when up against other mid ranged weapons like the BR. If it is nerfed the BR will crap all over it everytime, its meant to be powerful because those that spawn without any map pick ups have to have the ability/chance to survive when up against a more powerful weapon.
>
> SMG- no one cares what it was like in halo 2 or halo 3. It was useless in the sandbox, balance means all weapons can be useful and can be countered, hence why the smg is useful in close range but useless at mid-long ranges. Just about every gun can beat the smg at every rang but close range which is were the smg’s strengths are.
>
> BR- The BR is a mid-range weapon and will lose a fight against a dmr at long ranges, why? well because the burst of the BR makes it harder to hit at that long range compared to the DMR which is a single shot weapon with a faster firing rate. Now the BR is the go too mid range weapon, this is its key zone, it doesnt dominate the zone (needler can beat it, pistol at times can, noob combo, boltshot can at times, carbine can) basically other weapons can beat the BR in a straight up fight if they are in the right hands. Thats the key, a decent player can counter just about every weapon in their respected ranges while a bad player will have a hard time. Wait thats how it is for every game.
>
> Weapon balance means that all the weapons are useful at their respected niches and all of them can be countered by another. All because you and or your friends dont know how to counter them or dont know their respected niches does NOT mean they need to be nerfed and or buffed.
>
> Oh and when it comes to the warzone points, the team with the most points have every right to be rewarded in match for playing better, they started the match by outgunning the other team, they are playing better, they can get rewarded for it. Warzone is NOT meant to be a balanced mode, its meant to be a chaotic mode were players do crazy things with crazy weapons, trying to balance that is pointless because thats not that modes goal.

You are not wrong in some aspects, by all means most weapons have their respectful fields.
Its like I can beat anyone from range on BF4 because I am using a sniper, but if they have a shotgun I’m done for.
The difference is they don’t have pistols that can quite literally take out a banshee. (I have a Game DVR clip of this if you’d like to see :P)

The Halo community actually used to talk, as opposed to gun everyone else’s opinions down.
And the whole “it isn’t supposed to be balanced” argument just means this game is even worse than I had originally intended.
343i are banning people because they are getting creamed in Warzone, the only real way to earn REQ points for the only way to get armours.
If this is what Halo has fallen to, I don’t want to be apart of the community any more.

Guys, guys… can we just keep it civil?
If y’all think they should be upped rather than nerfed, who wants to play a few games with me so I can physically show them?
I am genuinely up for that! :slight_smile:

This is the most balanced halo to date IMO and probably in most others’ opinions also. The SMG can get beat easily outside its preferred range and the pistol can actually compete with the BR and dmr now. Also, the BR still has more range than the pistol. Halo 4 was very unbalanced: the autos had no range whatsoever, the plasma pistol made vehicles almost pointless, the BR had to much bullet magnetism, and the boltshot was A FREAKING SHOTGUN. It’s your opinion, but you may just need to get used to the game more. Btw, warzone is supposed to be chaotic and unbalanced, that’s what makes it fun. Arena is where the balance is.

Edit: is this another account? It shows that you haven’t played once.

> 2535455681930574;12:
> This is the most balanced halo to date IMO and probably in most others’ opinions also. The SMG can get beat easily outside its preferred range and the pistol can actually compete with the BR and dmr now. Also, the BR still has more range than the pistol. Halo 4 was very unbalanced: the autos had no range whatsoever, the plasma pistol made vehicles almost pointless, the BR had to much bullet magnetism, and the bolts hot was A FREAKING SHOTGUN. It’s your opinion, but you may just need to get used to the game more. Btw, warzone is supposed to be chaotic and unbalanced, that’s what makes it fun. Arena is where the balance is.

This is actually an account I use for community outreach ^.^ so it has no stats. My playing account is a pretty high level. (I like to have accounts for different things.)

The boltshot was a shotgun yes, but the amount of times I could beat that was amazing, nade em most the time.
Its the same idea with the SMG, only the SMG has a hella lot more accuracy.
Though I personally do prefer the boltshot we have now.

As for Halo four being unbalanced? I don’t know, I liked the idea that I could call down power weapons, rather than my whole team basically having snipers and rocket launchers, pinning the other team back against a wall.

I’m all for chaos, but Warzone isn’t about that. Its about favouring another team.
It is the reason this game has so little sales compared with other Halo’s.
And Arena isn’t completely balanced either.

Warzone actually is about chaos I’m pretty sure. When you said about calling the weapons down, were you talking about ordinance? Everybody hated it so 343 removed it. I know that arena isn’t completely balanced, but IMO it’s pretty close.

> 2535455681930574;14:
> Warzone actually is about chaos I’m pretty sure. When you said about calling the weapons down, were you talking about ordinance? Everybody hated it so 343 removed it. I know that arena isn’t completely balanced, but IMO it’s pretty close.

You know, gotta be honest I hated it to begin with. But I prefer it to Warzone! :stuck_out_tongue: Arena isn’t bad. But the maps are meh, bleh eh and there are weapons that dominate specific maps y’know?

Warzone isn’t about Chaos at all for me, most (if not all) matches now are about crowd control. Pin the enemy up against the wall and keep gunning them down.
This isn’t fun, and it isn’t Halo.

> 2535464416707328;8:
> > 2535457892133665;6:
> > No no no. Just because your friends can’t use them, doesn’t mean they need a nerf. Fair starts, everyone gets the same loadout in Arena. Period.
> >
> > You get shredded by an MP up close? Good, because that’s what it is meant for. Don’t go in an armory with the BR out, most of the times the other dude has his SMG and wants to get as near to you as possible. Nade that idiot, know how to use your thrusters and equip the SMG. Not satisfied? Then use the Storm Rifle, that thing destroys even SMGs up close (if you can hit). However a nerf is not needed.
> > Neither does the BR. All I’m reading is that you get bested at times and therefore want some nerfs. But that’s not how balance works. And jesus, Plasma Pistol as a loadout? That means RIP to all vehicles.
>
>
> R.I.P to all vehicles with Voids Tear anyway…
>
> I get bested, by all means. We all do, my point is the previous Halo games had a lot more balanced weapons.
> There is no balance to this game, you load up Warzone and everyone used BR’s and SMG’s, which means people with different playstyles get shredded.
> Its like putting a sniper into a mode with nothing but AR’s and giving them one.
>
> Everyone has a different playstyle, and these weapons are far too OP.

Well there’s your problem; you’re playing warzone. There is no real balance and certainly no weapon balance. Nearly every weapon used in it is a power weapon or an improved standard weapon.

Arena, on the other hand, is quite well balanced in terms of weapons. Each weapon has its niche. No one weapon dominates at every range. At the same time, starting weapons can still go toe-to-toe with most pickups. Pickups are definitely better, but not having one isn’t a death sentence like it used to be.

> 2535464416707328;15:
> > 2535455681930574;14:
> > Warzone actually is about chaos I’m pretty sure. When you said about calling the weapons down, were you talking about ordinance? Everybody hated it so 343 removed it. I know that arena isn’t completely balanced, but IMO it’s pretty close.
>
>
> You know, gotta be honest I hated it to begin with. But I prefer it to Warzone! :stuck_out_tongue: Arena isn’t bad. But the maps are meh, bleh eh and there are weapons that dominate specific maps y’know?
>
> Warzone isn’t about Chaos at all for me, most (if not all) matches now are about crowd control. Pin the enemy up against the wall and keep gunning them down.
> This isn’t fun, and it isn’t Halo.

It’s your opinion if you don’t think it’s fun but I like it. What is “it”? You mention it in your first sentence. Is it arena?

Lol you want the BR nerfed but not the AR? Sounds like you cannot play

You’re crying about weapons and vehicles being imbalanced…

in a mode designed to be unbalanced…

Wow. I’m out.

Worst post possibly ever. I stopped at nerf the magnum, skimmed the rest, and still determined that. Go play COD. Seriously. Stop trying to change our games that IS balanced (arena) and takes skill to play and is still fun. OR git gud kid.