Lets talk some more about the aiming.

Yes, I know. This is something that has been discussed to death. However after this more recent patch, people have taken more notice of the aiming issues within Halo 5. Don’t get me wrong here. I am not one of the people who complains for the sake of complaining. I love Halo and will probably continue to love it well into the future. However the aim mechanics in this game just aren’t working for me, or alot of others for that matter.

Up until recently I was a die hard 343 fanboy and I was so stoked for Halo 5. I stayed up late to play the game at midnight even though I had to work early in the morning the next day. After playing my first match of arena I couldnt shake the feeling that something was a little off. I played a few more matches before going to bed. Even though I was going MVP in most matches I still felt something was wrong.

I hopped on here and browsed the forums to see if anyone else felt the same way. That was when I found a thread or rather several threads pertaining to “aim acceleration”. After considerable research and testing several people came to the same conclusion I had. So they took to the forums to voice their concerns only to be met with opposition. Other players who had not experienced the issue or had just not noticed it began calling us liars, or noobs. Yet many if not most of the people who had experienced this aim acceleration were people like myself. Players who have been part of the community since the beginning and had been rather good at previous games. So the noob argument doesnt really hold any ground.

343’s response to the questions from its community was simply “Get used to it” an argument brought forward by many in the meaningless fight against us. How anyone could be against a group of people who are simply voicing well founded facts about a flaw in a simple mechanic I will never understand. The argument of “Get used to it” does not work however and I as well as many others are living proof of that.

Theres alot more that I could say, but sadly I have to prepare for work. I simply want to know what you all think about this issue, and hey maybe someone can shed some light on any plans to fix this issue. I look forward to your replies, wether they be negative or positive. Thanks

-Sincerely, a Concerned Halo Fan

Obviously it needs a fix, it is definitely different and it caused me a load of stressful games. I’ve learnt to deal with it for now though. I might even keep it the same when the patch comes!

> 2533274802103078;2:
> Obviously it needs a fix, it is definitely different and it caused me a load of stressful games. I’ve learnt to deal with it for now though. I might even keep it the same when the patch comes!

I’m happy for the people who like it. I just need the option to change it. I need to be able to make that decision. Otherwise it wont be worth coming back to. Not for all the frustration it causes me.

I will never understand why they changed it in the first place. The aiming was probably the only good left after the garbage called H4. It worked since H1, but 343 has the habbit to change things just for the sake of changing. No matter how well Bungie’s version worked. Even after the beta where no fan complaint about it…

IF they change it the right way, it will again take time to get used to the different style. And after we’ve seen from 343 concerning patching things, it probably will get even worse.

But i don’t really care anyway. If i get beaten on an american server and a ping of 200 with normal oder 343’s aiming doesnt matter anyway.

The aiming just feels awkward. Like, when I’m shooting someone in front of me, it’s usually fine. However, when I quickly turn to challenge someone or when I’m looking down from a high place to shoot someone, it just feels unnecessarily difficult to keep my reticule on target. I clearly remember that I didn’t feel like this in the beta. Aiming felt responsive and fluid.

Get used to it doesn’t cut as an excuse from a company in such a fragile position. They need o address this issue at its not even acceptable

The fact that the issue is still there, so long after launch it inexcusable. And in my opinion their first comment “get used to it” was rude and wrongly placed. They say they are going to fix it in December but this is still way to long.

I remember the old days, when you bought a game and it worked, it simply worked. No Yoink like this. You can say that the ability to just download an update to fix a game is great, however in my opinion it has made the producers sloppy, lazy and careless.

I bought Xbox one for one single reason, Halo 5. I already have a laptop, a gaming desktop and a ps4. And I bought Xbox one and Halo 5 just to realize that the aiming made the game unplayable on a competitive level.

And even worse. No word from 343i about the aiming in a long time. Does it hurt to take 3 minutes to write a post about how the update is going, about how they are aware of the problem? Nah it’s apparently too much to ask game producers today if they can fix a broken game that is already paid for.

I know that people on the forums have said “Get used to it” but Ive never seen a release from 343 saying “Get used to it.”

The beta aiming was good. 343i had no reason to change it other than their pro team suggested it so obviously that small number of players must be appeased before considering the overall population. They could easily revert back to the original settings from the beta, whether you hate the new aiming or are ok with it I don’t think anyone would disagree that the beta mechanics worked fine. If nobody has or had a problem with it then I don’t see why they wouldn’t save everyone the hassle and change it back. Or at least do what reach did and have a TU playlist with beta settings for us “noobs” and a vanilla playlist for the “pros” who enjoy wonky inconsistent aiming because of its emphasised “skill gap”.

I feel like the “hip fire” aiming is perfect but when I use smart-link things go to crap.

> 2533274815784153;1:
> Yes, I know. This is something that has been discussed to death. However after this more recent patch, people have taken more notice of the aiming issues within Halo 5. Don’t get me wrong here. I am not one of the people who complains for the sake of complaining. I love Halo and will probably continue to love it well into the future. However the aim mechanics in this game just aren’t working for me, or alot of others for that matter.
>
> Up until recently I was a die hard 343 fanboy and I was so stoked for Halo 5. I stayed up late to play the game at midnight even though I had to work early in the morning the next day. After playing my first match of arena I couldnt shake the feeling that something was a little off. I played a few more matches before going to bed. Even though I was going MVP in most matches I still felt something was wrong.
>
> I hopped on here and browsed the forums to see if anyone else felt the same way. That was when I found a thread or rather several threads pertaining to “aim acceleration”. After considerable research and testing several people came to the same conclusion I had. So they took to the forums to voice their concerns only to be met with opposition. Other players who had not experienced the issue or had just not noticed it began calling us liars, or noobs. Yet many if not most of the people who had experienced this aim acceleration were people like myself. Players who have been part of the community since the beginning and had been rather good at previous games. So the noob argument doesnt really hold any ground.
>
> 343’s response to the questions from its community was simply “Get used to it” an argument brought forward by many in the meaningless fight against us. How anyone could be against a group of people who are simply voicing well founded facts about a flaw in a simple mechanic I will never understand. The argument of “Get used to it” does not work however and I as well as many others are living proof of that.
>
> Theres alot more that I could say, but sadly I have to prepare for work. I simply want to know what you all think about this issue, and hey maybe someone can shed some light on any plans to fix this issue. I look forward to your replies, wether they be negative or positive. Thanks
>
> -Sincerely, a Concerned Halo Fan

It’s not a flaw in the mechanic. It’s actually an evolution in the aiming mechanic that rewards players that learn to control their aim stick.

See, in past halo games (I’ve been playing since CE) I have had to adjust my aim sensitivity to be much higher than I would like because I needed to turn faster. Which would make it much harder to aim with subtle movements.

Now the game recognizes when I’m trying to aim, and when I’m trying to turn. What people are finding out is that they relied much more heavily on aim assist in previous halos than they thought. Now, aim assist is tuned much better to reward skilled players and raise the skill gap.

People led are saying “git gud”, which is more insulting than it should be. But, in reality, you should be adjusting to the new way and get better playing the game. If not, then the matchmaking system will match you with similar skilled players and you’ll hover around the 1 K/D which is just fine. You don’t like being low K/D and want to kill people better? “Git gud”.

You all keep calling it broken or an issue. It’s neither of those. It’s just different. 343i has said they’ll allow for customization of aiming coming soon and they also clarified why they changed the aiming in the first place. For all the people complaining that it ruins the competition, the change came about because of their “pro team” input.

I didn’t like it at first either, and I’m still not the most accurate, but I’m at the point where I am used to it and don’t see it as a nuisance anymore

> 2533274809541057;13:
> You all keep calling it broken or an issue. It’s neither of those. It’s just different. 343i has said they’ll allow for customization of aiming coming soon and they also clarified why they changed the aiming in the first place. For all the people complaining that it ruins the competition, the change came about because of their “pro team” input.
>
> I didn’t like it at first either, and I’m still not the most accurate, but I’m at the point where I am used to it and don’t see it as a nuisance anymore

Should the input of a pro team dictate what should be implemented into the game over the halo 5 player base ? or have I missed something here. Aiming is a bit more of a pain to deal with as before I just find myself pointing dead onto my target then my aim is just suddenly gone of course attempting to keep the aim on them as they move. Getting used to it is not a problem I think for people its the frustration, time and practice you have to put into doing that what upsets some people as well in my view of everything.

Time will tell once December hits.

The aiming is broken. It’s not about “learning to play” or being a “casual” or whatever. When playing with a Legacy thumb-stick layout, aiming is completely broken. This is on both old and new controllers with and without the headphone jack. When you’re strafing left or right on the right thumb-stick and try to look either up or down, it requires almost a 50-75% movement of the thumb-stick, and there is no graduation at all. When it registers, it looks up or down at full speed.

This has nothing to do with adjusting the stick. It’s the same on any level of sensitivity. HALO:MCC is perfect. And yes, this makes the game absolutely unplayable, especially when you’re dealing with jumpers, people on higher levels, and going for head shots. I’ll be on MCC until this is fixed. I hope it is soon. If it weren’t for HALO, I’d be on PS4 or on a PC rig.

> 2535467087074733;15:
> The aiming is broken. It’s not about “learning to play” or being a “casual” or whatever. When playing with a Legacy thumb-stick layout, aiming is completely broken. This is on both old and new controllers with and without the headphone jack. When you’re strafing left or right on the right thumb-stick and try to look either up or down, it requires almost a 50-75% movement of the thumb-stick, and there is no graduation at all. When it registers, it looks up or down at full speed.
>
> This has nothing to do with adjusting the stick. It’s the same on any level of sensitivity. HALO:MCC is perfect. And yes, this makes the game absolutely unplayable, especially when you’re dealing with jumpers, people on higher levels, and going for head shots. I’ll be on MCC until this is fixed. I hope it is soon. If it weren’t for HALO, I’d be on PS4 or on a PC rig.

Im giving Halo 5 a chance after Demembers Update and if it doesnt fix this -Yoink-, Im done with Halo and will return to previous installments where the aiming was so much more smooth and fluent rather than a “better” updated version to where my aiming is all over the damn place. I had more enjoyment from a developer who knew what they were doing from a developer who doesnt know what the hell they are doing.

The aiming is a mess. I’ve noticed that pretty much everybody is less accurate than they used to be. I rarely see perfect 4 shots in a battle where both Spartans are aware of each other. Honestly, I can’t quite put my finger on what’s “off”, but something is terribly off.

I don’t have any issues with the aiming. Yeah it’s tougher but isn’t a more competitive game supposed to be tougher?

It’s great that people are still making noise about this issue. We have an amazing game on our hands… If they get it right with the December update, it’s gonna make a lot of Halo fans very happy. I did get used to the aiming mechanic, but that doesn’t mean I like it.

Something definitely is up with the aiming. It was fine for me since launch until, apparently, the most recent update.

Thought I was just having a bad day when I noticed my aiming was off, until I came on the forums and saw people were mentioning the update messing with it.