Lets talk maps......

What do you guys think of halo 4s maps? I personally enjoy them. They are much more balanced than reach and resemble past games in good way.

Sadly, I couldn’t play a whole lot of the DLC from Reach, but what I did play I liked.

Halo 4 is different in that I like the Castle maps and Monolith from the Majestic pack.

As for the pre-fab maps that came with the game disc (H4) They’re not all that bad but they could use some tweeks her n’ there.

I only like about 6 Halo 4 maps, and one of those is Ragnarok, so… (Not including DLC, love majestic and Castle but not Crimson)

Most I dislike (badly designed for how many diff weapons that are available)

I do like Ragnarok, Haven and Adrift. Abandon is OK

343 ruined all the maps but they did fantastic with the DLC’s.

I spent several minutes trying to pick a decent map in custom games with a friend. Eventually I gave up and chose Valhalla/Ragnarok. The maps are sucky, there’s no good small maps, and few okay big maps. I hate merry-go-round maps, now even the BTB maps are designed that way(Exile).

My favorite Halo 4 map(DLC Included), is Monolith.
My favorite Halo 4 map(DLC Not Included), is Abandon.
My favorite Halo map(All Halo Games), is The Pit.

Haven and Adrift are fun maps, Ragnaroks is basically Valhalla, I wish something was done about Exile balance wise, complex sucks for TS.

Halo CE MP maps were one of the best I’ve seen to date. Halo: Reach and Halo 4 maps are the worst.

> I spent several minutes trying to pick a decent map in custom games with a friend. Eventually I gave up and chose Valhalla/Ragnarok. The maps are sucky, there’s no good small maps, and few okay big maps. I hate merry-go-round maps, now even the BTB maps are designed that way(Exile).

I’d say haven, shutout, abandon, and all the majestic maps are small. I would say simplex but not all small maps are good.

> > I spent several minutes trying to pick a decent map in custom games with a friend. Eventually I gave up and chose Valhalla/Ragnarok. The maps are sucky, there’s no good small maps, and few okay big maps. I hate merry-go-round maps, now even the BTB maps are designed that way(Exile).
>
> I’d say haven, shutout, abandon, and all the majestic maps are small. I would say simplex but not all small maps are good.

Haven is a merry-go-round, it’s dull. Shutout isn’t scaled properly, the pieces have been enlarged for sprint. Abandon is just ugh. And I’m not paying extra money for more maps when the game as is is terrible compared to previous games.

The only maps in this game I particularly like are Meltdown, Landfall, and Monolith. Every other map is mediocre or just plain bad.

> > > I spent several minutes trying to pick a decent map in custom games with a friend. Eventually I gave up and chose Valhalla/Ragnarok. The maps are sucky, there’s no good small maps, and few okay big maps. I hate merry-go-round maps, now even the BTB maps are designed that way(Exile).
> >
> > I’d say haven, shutout, abandon, and all the majestic maps are small. I would say simplex but not all small maps are good.
>
> Haven is a merry-go-round, it’s dull. Shutout isn’t scaled properly, the pieces have been enlarged for sprint. Abandon is just ugh. And I’m not paying extra money for more maps when the game as is is terrible compared to previous games.

You do know that shutout was not made by 343 right? Also many older halo maps were round like haven, it’s arena style design makes it great for 4v4.

> > > > I spent several minutes trying to pick a decent map in custom games with a friend. Eventually I gave up and chose Valhalla/Ragnarok. The maps are sucky, there’s no good small maps, and few okay big maps. I hate merry-go-round maps, now even the BTB maps are designed that way(Exile).
> > >
> > > I’d say haven, shutout, abandon, and all the majestic maps are small. I would say simplex but not all small maps are good.
> >
> > Haven is a merry-go-round, it’s dull. Shutout isn’t scaled properly, the pieces have been enlarged for sprint. Abandon is just ugh. And I’m not paying extra money for more maps when the game as is is terrible compared to previous games.
>
> You do know that shutout was not made by 343 right? Also many older halo maps were round like haven, it’s arena style design makes it great for 4v4.

Some of the Forge pieces are larger than in Reach.