Let's talk Halo 5

SUMMARY REVIEW
“I think i will go with Halo 5…” is what i said when deciding which game to purchase on my brand new xbox one. 4 years later and i am still very pleased that i did. In my opinion, Halo 5 Guardians is the best halo game period.
I have been playing Halo 5 since launch and 3 of those 4 yrs of existence were heavy use years; with a 5th yr and new game modes rotating periodically i find myself still playing Halo 5 regularly. I have to say the team really outdid themselves on this one! Hats off to you 343 because I find the game to be very fun yet challenging and that is a great combination. The same great combination that is the campaign and multiplayer.
Now if you havent played Halo i suggest you can start with halo 5 and i wont spoil or say anything else. It will make you a fan, honest. As for the Spartans who are enlisted, below are some thoughts, opinions, suggestions, and well feedback on Halo 5 for camapaign, multiplayer, etc… made short in the interest of time.
MULTIPLAYER
(Insert the cheering applause we hears from opening REQ packs) Amazing job guys really. I would say Halo 5 is back baby with a vengeance! More maps maybe?
GUNS/MULTIPLAYER
343 has provided weapon tuning on past dates since launch and made some adjustments, i actually participated and provided feedback, however, as for the results i dont actually know what they were but in my opinion i think the guns were fine as they were at launch.
CAMPAIGN
The campaign is great. I like it.
I REALLY LIKE…
Warzone Firefight
Super Fiesta
Warzone Assault
Vast array of weaponry
Promethean enemies
Ground pound/Assassinations

Glad you enjoyed the game, I did as well. Though “Best” will always be subjective, and I would definitely not recommend people new to the series to start with 5 myself haha. I’d pick the MCC for that. Gameplay-wise the Campaign was great, pre-nerf Triple Warden aside, but I have a hard time enjoying the story as a whole. It had its moments, especially on Sanghelios and the collectible logs, but then Cortana comes along… “Halsey is a monster for what she did to you, but my killing countless people and then holding the galaxy at gunpoint makes me a saint!” oh and her claims that we never cared about her and treated her poorly (Riiiiiight. Smart AI’s were treated VERY well, Cortana in particular) then her laughable “attempts” at psychological tactics with Osiris. I could go on and on.

Thank you for replying.
Subjective yes.
i just think it has more content and well rounded enough to stand on its own.

When reading your post I assumed you were going to say “I remember when I decided to buy Halo 5, and I was deeply disappointed,” but I was wrong. I’m glad you enjoy the game. Although it’s not my favorite in the series, it’s probably the one I like the least, the gameplay is still fun for me. Even with the campaign being disappointing with it’s story, I went back to replay it, and it was fun to play. I’m glad you could get a lot of enjoyment that I couldn’t out of the game.

Well thank you PlasmaSpartan54!
but it really is a good game!

> 2533274833150917;1:
> SUMMARY REVIEW
> “I think i will go with Halo 5…” is what i said when deciding which game to purchase on my brand new xbox one. 4 years later and i am still very pleased that i did. In my opinion, Halo 5 Guardians is the best halo game period.
> I have been playing Halo 5 since launch and 3 of those 4 yrs of existence were heavy use years; with a 5th yr and new game modes rotating periodically i find myself still playing Halo 5 regularly. I have to say the team really outdid themselves on this one! Hats off to you 343 because I find the game to be very fun yet challenging and that is a great combination. The same great combination that is the campaign and multiplayer.
> Now if you havent played Halo i suggest you can start with halo 5 and i wont spoil or say anything else. It will make you a fan, honest. As for the Spartans who are enlisted, below are some thoughts, opinions, suggestions, and well feedback on Halo 5 for camapaign, multiplayer, etc… made short in the interest of time.
> MULTIPLAYER
> (Insert the cheering applause we hears from opening REQ packs) Amazing job guys really. I would say Halo 5 is back baby with a vengeance! More maps maybe?
> GUNS/MULTIPLAYER
> 343 has provided weapon tuning on past dates since launch and made some adjustments, i actually participated and provided feedback, however, as for the results i dont actually know what they were but in my opinion i think the guns were fine as they were at launch.
> CAMPAIGN
> The campaign is great. I like it.
> I REALLY LIKE…
> Warzone Firefight
> Super Fiesta
> Warzone Assault
> Vast array of weaponry
> Promethean enemies
> Ground pound/Assassinations

Well, I can’t fault your opinion on multiplayer is it currently exists. I do disagree with your opinion on the campaign, but I will admit that, despite the numerous flaws in story-telling, Halo 5’s campaign is much more enjoyable and fun than Halo 4 in terms of gameplay. Prometheans are much more enjoyable to fight than in Halo 4, and Promethean weapons are far more useful as well.

As someone who was really dissapointed with H5 to begin with as it didn’t feel like halo. I have to say it’s really grown on me recent times.The mp is great fun with the quick play and warzone firefight modes . I’d heard it was the most unforgiving mp of all the halos but I find it the opposite my average kd is much higher and therefore more enjoyable for me and even as a og halo player I really like the enhanced movement mechanics . The campaign in terms of gameplay is good fun (except sqaud AI ) but I disagree that’s it the best halo story wise but that’s subjective opinion.

Halo 4 had very decent campaign but in my opinion the campaign of Halo 5 the worst of the whole series. It literally gave me no fun at all. Multiplayer on the other hand was something to get used to. In the beginning i did not like it at because it did not feel like a Halo game. After a year i started to like it more and more and now i actually do like it. For me it’s more like a spin off than an actual Halo game. I would say it’s a COD like game with a Halo skin over it. Overall it’s still fun and quite competitive.

> 2535408747444490;8:
> Halo 4 had very decent campaign but in my opinion the campaign of Halo 5 the worst of the whole series. It literally gave me no fun at all. Multiplayer on the other hand was something to get used to. In the beginning i did not like it at because it did not feel like a Halo game. After a year i started to like it more and more and now i actually do like it. For me it’s more like a spin off than an actual Halo game. I would say it’s a COD like game with a Halo skin over it. Overall it’s still fun and quite competitive.

Oh man Halo 4’s gameplay often felt like that too. Sure, I still had fun playing it… Uh, rampant black-screen-of-lag’s aside… But Ultimately it was the game I liked the least in terms of gameplay. Perks and Mods and Pocket Shotguns and Ordnance?? And Promethean Vision was the worst. Sure, it was COOL but there was no denying it didn’t belong in the multiplayer.

Despite that, I logged a truckload of time in BTB, particularly since I enjoyed Dominion so much. Aaaah Dominion. I wish that Warzone had the turrets and stuff, and particularly a “Fight for the Center!” mode like Lockdown (was it?) Dominion. That was some fast paced, hectic action and Pulse Grenades were FINALLY getting their chance to shine! I guess Warzone Assault is as close as you’ll get to that mode, even if it’s Attacker-Defender and not both teams clambering for control.

Dominion was just… I loved it. It was almost single-handedly responsible for why I kept playing Halo 4 back when. To this day, I still enjoy it when I manage to get a game of it in the MCC Finally had my first BTB game of Extraction too, I loved it! Only got to play Extraction in Halo 4 on the 360 maybe… Two, three times? And never in BTB. Shame…

For me, Halo 5 and the Titanfall games are by far the most enjoyable online FPS games this generation. Hell, I’d say Halo 5 is the best playing game in the series, period. Sure, the campaign has issues (still enjoyed it) and it doesn’t have proper BTB maps/mid sized maps with vehicles, but I still think Halo 5 is one of the finest games of this generation. If 343 can refine the campaign and add the content sorely missing from H5, Halo: Infinite will truly be something special.

H5 made a load of improvements in the arena over H4 and I’m damn glad they did, there’s always been room for a little more work to be done (removing the boltshot from arena play) but all in all it’s a very nice arena shooter.

The multiplayer is great im still playing that. 343 did a great job and i would say restore it back to Halo 2 days in its own way. In addition the other game modes are great too like Super Fiesta and Warzone Firefight i have been waiting for modes like those and Halo 5 brought them. GREAT JOB 343 ; )
I like the campaign its fun to replay it and then add score attack lol. Some dont like it for its content towards the story but maybe thats what Halo 6 Infinite will do. It is a numbered entry in the series after all.

> 2533274931504892;11:
> H5 made a load of improvements in the arena over H4 and I’m damn glad they did, there’s always been room for a little more work to be done (removing the boltshot from arena play) but all in all it’s a very nice arena shooter.

I think H5 addressed the bolt shot issues properly. It was basically a mini shotgun in H4 so I’m glad they fixed it. The lock on is fine and gives it a unique purpose, along with all those types of weapons.

CAMPAIGN:
I think it’s great! Why??? It sets the premise for bigger and better new Halo titles. And I cannot wait!

> 2533274833150917;14:
> CAMPAIGN:
> I think it’s great! Why??? It sets the premise for bigger and better new Halo titles. And I cannot wait!

The campaign wasn’t great (in my opinion and others; some of this is subjective, others not so much) because:

  • The campaign was different than the trailers/marketing promised - It really lost the Halo feeling or Halo “magic”; like a sense of wonder. The scenery was mostly absent as the campaign focused less on discovery and more on a wild goose chase across the galaxy - Art style (this branches into multiplayer as well) - The story wasn’t that great and many new characters didn’t feel like characters; more like cardboard cut-outs - Returning characters didn’t show well this time - Dialogue/music/etc. - Annoying teammate A.I. revive system (especially on legendary) - Multiple gameplay problems; from one shot kill snipers on Normal all the way to annoying boss fights - Enemies that aren’t really fun to kill. In previous games, Elites would strafe really far to avoid your grenade throws. Now they just kind of hop over and still take damage to their shields. This is one of many examples (not to mention the Prometheans) - Pathetic choreography. Like in the beginning of the first mission when Vale jumps into the phantom and takes out a couple of elites with swords who just stand there and die. Or when Jul M’Dama is killed. - You don’t actually do anything in the story. Some magazine or news site (I forgot which) pointed out that the Created storyline would’ve played out exactly the same whether Locke chased Chief or not, and whether Chief chased Cortana or notI don’t know how long the list continues to go on, but these should be considered. I would recommend Halo 1 or 3 to a first-time player personally.

> 2535418979567138;15:
> > 2533274833150917;14:
> >

All of these are exactly what bothered me about H5. One thing I would like to add is the fact that the game released with bare bones content compared to previous titles. H5, as it stands now, is incredibly diverse and fun. But the initial release was very underwhelming.

> - You don’t actually do anything in the story. Some magazine or news site (I forgot which) pointed out that the Created storyline would’ve played out exactly the same whether Locke chased Chief or not, and whether Chief chased Cortana or not

I never really thought about this before, but dang you’re right. I mean, in the end Cortana succeeded almost completely in her plan (aside from kidnapping Chief), so there really was nothing meaningful done by the player since the story would have played out the same even if Osiris and Blue Team hosted a Texas hold 'em tournament on the Infinity.

I really can’t tell if this is sarcasm. Yeah, overall Halo 5 was great but, I’d recommend people to play Reach. Reach is basically classic but, it also has some advanced movement. That way they can play any Halo.

halo 5 was a good game it was just really confusing i had to play the entire campaign twice just to understand it fully

> You don’t actually do anything in the story. Some magazine or news site (I forgot which) pointed out that the Created storyline would’ve played out exactly the same whether Locke chased Chief or not, and whether Chief chased Cortana or not

Personally, I kind of liked that aspect of it. In the other Master Chief-centric games, you are literally the only thing saving the entire galaxy from annhialation, which is cool, but doing that every single game in the series gets old, at least to me. I felt like here, the Chief and the UNSC is up against an enemy that is so disproportionately powerful, that the solution isn’t just to hit a button in a control room and run away. I feel like it’s setting the future of the series up for much more intricate storylines, since you’re going to have to do some real out-of-the-box style fighting in order to win. They’ve set up a potentially much larger set of schemes and options for stopping Cortana and the created by making humanity’s savior seem somewhat insignificant in the first round. I hope they can take that and really run with it, because there is a LOT of potential now.

> 2533274794495230;19:
> > You don’t actually do anything in the story. Some magazine or news site (I forgot which) pointed out that the Created storyline would’ve played out exactly the same whether Locke chased Chief or not, and whether Chief chased Cortana or not
>
> Personally, I kind of liked that aspect of it. In the other Master Chief-centric games, you are literally the only thing saving the entire galaxy from annhialation, which is cool, but doing that every single game in the series gets old, at least to me. I felt like here, the Chief and the UNSC is up against an enemy that is so disproportionately powerful, that the solution isn’t just to hit a button in a control room and run away. I feel like it’s setting the future of the series up for much more intricate storylines, since you’re going to have to do some real out-of-the-box style fighting in order to win. They’ve set up a potentially much larger set of schemes and options for stopping Cortana and the created by making humanity’s savior seem somewhat insignificant in the first round. I hope they can take that and really run with it, because there is a LOT of potential now.

I disagree. If anything Halo 5 does a worse job of making you feel like humanity’s in trouble. Only at the end of the game do you feel threatened, and even then the suspense sizzles down because the game is over and it’s also Cortana; I don’t know about anyone else but Cortana as villain downplayed suspense for me. But before the ending, you’re chasing Chief practically unopposed. The opposition is so disorganized and all over the place; they’re just there so you can shoot something. I think of Halo 5 as wading through ankle-high water to gain an item; you do have opposition, but it’s weak and you’re still going to get to the item.

I partially agree with what you said about not feeling in danger in the other games. My only exception is Halo CE; made you feel like there was impending doom and you were on the run. If you only played CE and didn’t read the extended media then for all you knew the Pillar Of Autumn could’ve been the last hope for humanity; it was the last escape from Reach. To top all of this off, the Covenant couldn’t get Cortana or else Earth would be discovered and all of humanity could perish. As for the other games, they started slowing that feeling as the Covenant collapsed. Halo 2 was a turning point type game since the UNSC still feared humanity’s annihilation but saw the cracks beginning to show. Halo 3’s slogan explains it all. 4 & 5 made me feel little, and 5 resembles a superhero movie in my mind.