Let's talk colors

So apparently 343 is still thinking about the issue regarding armor colors and what not. It’ll be nice to have more/better colors, but while you’re at it 343. Color selection for the undersuit would be nice. Palmer seems to be enjoying her black undersuit. Vale too. And having the white marks on all the armor be it’s own color option would be pretty great.

These things can’t be too much to ask for right? Of all the things being requested for Halo 5, surely these things are significantly easier than some of the others… right?

Update:
Here is an album I made using someone on Reddit’s undersuit comparison image as the basis. you can see that the black undersuit leaves the lower torso area looking very bare. So I experimented with a few potential solutions that would only involve changing colors, because 343 is unlikely to go back through and add extra armor pieces to each armor set. Look closely, all the pics have differences. The first is the original. The last uses a colored undersuit, but makes it a darker version of your primary.

2nd Update:
343 has confirmed that they are adding more colors for Spartan Customization. Happy days

I agree. More Colors, Darker Colors and Black Bodysuits

I just mentioned in a post of mine about bringing in a color wheel to add numerous amounts of colors

Is there a 343i post about colors?

> 2533274871929668;4:
> Is there a 343i post about colors?

I read in an recently article that 343 recently responded to a question about it somewhere… You know how 343 often likes to respond to questions outside of this site, so I just assumed the article was telling the truth. They also confirmed REQ items for forge.

hell a solid black in general would be nice

It seems funny that they went this route after destiny had the shader’s that would change the colors in sets of 3 as well.

I would love it if the secondary color was more prominent. It looks like detail color instead of an actual secondary color. A solid black would also be nice.

Yes please to black undersuit and option to change the white patterns.

> 2533274912254619;5:
> > 2533274871929668;4:
> > Is there a 343i post about colors?
>
>
> I read in an recently article that 343 recently responded to a question about it somewhere…

Comment by /u/bravo343 on /r/halo.

> 2533274912254619;1:
> So apparently 343 is still thinking about the issue regarding armor colors and what not. It’ll be nice to have more/better colors, but while you’re at it 343. Color selection for the undersuit would be nice. Palmer seems to be enjoying her black undersuit. Vale too. And having the white marks on all the armor be it’s own color option would be pretty great.
>
> These things can’t be too much to ask for right? Of all the things being requested for Halo 5, surely these things are significantly easier than some of the others… right?

I agree. But I rather prefer to unlock Palmer or Vale armors instead. My dream is to see my female Spartan with Palmer armor and Vale Helmet. :slight_smile:

> 2533274843742113;10:
> > 2533274912254619;5:
> > > 2533274871929668;4:
> > > Is there a 343i post about colors?
> >
> >
> > I read in an recently article that 343 recently responded to a question about it somewhere…
>
>
> Comment by /u/bravo343 on /r/halo.

Hm… “discussing it” doesn’t raise my hopes that much, but I say bring it on

> 2533274871929668;12:
> > 2533274843742113;10:
> > > 2533274912254619;5:
> > > > 2533274871929668;4:
> > > > Is there a 343i post about colors?
> > >
> > >
> > > I read in an recently article that 343 recently responded to a question about it somewhere…
> >
> >
> > Comment by /u/bravo343 on /r/halo.
>
>
> Hm… “discussing it” doesn’t raise my hopes that much, but I say bring it on

Then we better push this topic to the top of the pile, cause honestly how difficult could this actually be for them? I actually would really like to know. Like, seriously. Cause I normally don’t like to be that guy who thinks making games is easy and Devs can just make changes at the tip of a hat.

I agree entirely.

> 2533274912254619;13:
> > 2533274871929668;12:
> > > 2533274843742113;10:
> > > > 2533274912254619;5:
> > > > > 2533274871929668;4:
> > > > > Is there a 343i post about colors?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I read in an recently article that 343 recently responded to a question about it somewhere…
> > >
> > >
> > > Comment by /u/bravo343 on /r/halo.
> >
> >
> > Hm… “discussing it” doesn’t raise my hopes that much, but I say bring it on
>
>
> Then we better push this topic to the top of the pile, cause honestly how difficult could this actually be for them? I actually would really like to know. Like, seriously. Cause I normally don’t like to be that guy who thinks making games is easy and Devs can just make changes at the tip of a hat.

Oh well hell yeah i’ll push the subject, I want my Sage

I really like the colors used in the Campaign, though they aren’t available in Multiplayer.

Also, there’s no Black and White hardly looks like White.

Sage is an absolute must. The greens in this game are incredibly lacking!

> 2533274812371483;17:
> Sage is an absolute must. The greens in this game are incredibly lacking!

This. And the Team colors present in matchmaking/forge/customs. For some reason in every Halo the “Team Colors” are never part of the selectable colors for your Spartan. And the Team colors always look so much richer? More Vibrant? Darker but not too dark? Not sure what I like about them but they always seem to look better.

I’m not liking how most of the colors are ‘almost’ said color. Purple is almost Purple. Salt is almost White. Coal is almost… Grey? (Don’t think I’ve seen coal this bright before…)

They always leave actual black out of Halo… but you won’t run into balancing issues to begin with if the floors themselves are bright enough. There’s a problem when the darkest color in the game is very, very much a darker Silver. Seriously, you can make it darker than that…

Also Reach still has the best Gold. I don’t hate the way it is now, but I wish it was darker/more saturated.

Bring back Olive and Sage. Please.