Let's talk about the next Map Packs

I know this is a little early, but I figure we might as well do it now so that 343i has some ideas for future Map Packs. I do not currently own the Defiant Map Pack, but from what I’ve seen and heard it is a fantastic piece of work and well worth the 800 MPs it costs. It’s looking like Reach is moving in the right direction under 343i, and because the community isvaluable to them in shaping the future of Halo, we should talk about what we want for the next map pack.

Some of my ideas:

• One of the ideas I was thinking about were more… interactive maps. Maps like Halo 2’s, and Halo 3’s, where their were certain switches that could be activated. I think that would be sweet.

• More smaller, symmetrical maps are needed.

• A map similar to Sandbox would be awesome. Unfortunately, a lot of the ambitious maps on Forge World lag too much. A smaller forge space is necessary, though it would be nice to have new Forge Worlds.

This one is a personal request:

Please bring back Death Island? I loved that map! :slight_smile:

So, discuss everyone. What do you want to see? More Forge spaces, more Firefight areas, more Invasion Maps…

I

Sand trap is the only map i want remade.

i think they should bring back all of Halo 3s maps and Halo 2s i miss that game if they wanna remake a game thats the one to do. i dont know thats just my thoughts

I like the switch idea and another Forge World style map would be nice. But I am completely against remakes at this point. And I think that they did an amazing job with these maps, so I can’t wait for more new maps.

Alot of halo 3 and halo 2 maps will not work with reach because of the AA’s just look at reflection, asylum, and pinnacle. all halo 2, none of them work well. at least not like halo 2.

> Sand trap is the only map i want remade.

This ^

Also Avalanche for me. :slight_smile:

> Alot of halo 3 and halo 2 maps will not work with reach because of the AA’s just look at reflection, asylum, and pinnacle. all halo 2, none of them work well. at least not like halo 2.

exactly

I really want to see Headlong remade aswell as Waterworks, they were my 2 favourite maps of all time.

And also a proper remake of Zanzibar and not the Halo 3 one, that one just didn’t feel right.

Snow Forge World using the brown Forerunner pieces from Halo 2. Could include:

-Geometry for a Sandtrap remake
-Geometry for a Valhalla remake
-Geometry for a Sidewinder Remake
-Geometry for a Containment Remake

And maybe some other random bits to connect all of them in some coherent manner. It should use Tempest’s skybox.

> Sand trap is the only map i want remade.

We need a “Sandtrap” and a “The Pit”. Exact remakes won’t work very well with Reach’ gloomy balloony gameplay, but The Pit and Sandtrap were amazing maps. Too bad I never get Sandtrap in MM anymore.

Generator Defense map with one HUGE Generator for an anti-air turret. Not for the SMAC’s, because we don’t want them to smack fiction in the face with something that works for the gameplay, but not for the established canon.

> I really want to see Headlong remade aswell as Waterworks, they were my 2 favourite maps of all time.
>
> And also a proper remake of Zanzibar and not the Halo 3 one, that one just didn’t feel right.

I would want those remade too, but they would have to be remade to fit Reach gameplay.

Remakes are dangerous lands to thread on.

If you remake maps you need to make changes to the map to make it play properly in Reach.

And people do not take lightly to change, especially in their much loves maps of yore.

Remakes:
Sandtrap
Hang 'Em High

New maps:
Small symetrical competitive map

Additions to new maps:
DYNAMIC MAPS
I.e switches to open doors/gates

Overshields
Why are they not in use at the moment?
More please!