Let's talk about the medals

I’ve been playing the preview a bunch this weekend and I’m loving it. However, my biggest gripe with the game is definitely the medals and how they’re displayed. My biggest problem with them is how they’re displayed in-game. They’re tiny, I didn’t even notice the medals in-game until my second game. Make them larger and more pronounced like in previous titles with them displayed in the lower middle of the screen. I also don’t like the color changes to the medals like the perfection medal and overkill. It also seems the extermination medal has been removed again which is very disappointing. Then there’s the move to replace the untouchable, invincible, inconceivable, and unfriggenbelivable medals with nightmare, boogyman, grim reaper, and demon medals. I like the new medals, but they shouldn’t be used to replace long withstanding and iconic medals like the former. Use them for new things. My last issue is the medals’ general design. they feel too clean and generic. I’d really like a design language similar to reach’s medals where they’re kind of gritty and each one is unique.

I think have the rarer ones bigger but leave the more common ones as smaller. That way we get more.medals but not complete screen clutter.

Yes, medals are way to small in-game.

Also my problem is that it seems you don’t get any gravity hammer-series kills medals.
But speaking of hammer kills, where is the old punch-medal :frowning:

> 2533274801036271;2:
> I think have the rarer ones bigger but leave the more common ones as smaller. That way we get more.medals but not complete screen clutter.

I would rather go in a direction of having less common medals. I don’t think people need a medal for every little thing. It’s unnecessary for people to get 4 medals for a single kill.

> 2533274861263132;3:
> Yes, medals are way to small in-game.
>
> Also my problem is that it seems you don’t get any gravity hammer-series kills medals.
> But speaking of hammer kills, where is the old punch-medal :frowning:

I honestly kind of miss the weapon spree medals. I haven’t been in a situation where I would’ve gotten one and that’s why I didn’t say anything. It’s disappointing that it seems they’re not coming back again.

> 2533274869504906;4:
> > 2533274801036271;2:
> >
>
> I would rather go in a direction of having less common medals. I don’t think people need a medal for every little thing. It’s unnecessary for people to get 4 medals for a single kill.

I think it is nice for players that may not achieve the uncommon things very frequently. A legacy option would be nice where you only get medals for multikills and sprees and everything else doesn’t show. I’d be down for using that personally.

Also, those “get 5 kills with AR/Thrower Weapon” totally useless

I think the medals look great, but I agree they are way too small, actually the entire HUD looks a bit too small and thin in my opinion.

The medals are quite small, I would like to see H3’s medal system come back with the whole off to side and larger.

> 2533274869504906;4:
> > 2533274801036271;2:
> > I think have the rarer ones bigger but leave the more common ones as smaller. That way we get more.medals but not complete screen clutter.
>
> I would rather go in a direction of having less common medals. I don’t think people need a medal for every little thing. It’s unnecessary for people to get 4 medals for a single kill.

I used to think this, but having a medal for each different power weapon/ vehicle kill in H5 actually added a lot to the pest game carnage report.

In H3, you know your team mate killed 3 enemies with power weapons during the game, and that’s everything that’s communicated to you. But in H5, you know your team mate got a rocket kill, sword kill, and sniper kill during the match.

I think the best would be to keep a lot of medals available like H5, but let us choose what medals pop up during the game, and what medals end up only showing up on the carnage report

It’s probably been said a million times already. It’s a technical flight aka bare bones to test servers etc. Some features are limited on purpose.

I don’t like how the metals are colored to their apparent value. It creates a boring homogeneity. I do not mind giving them rarities, but I would rather it be something like a green/blue/purple/gold outline rather than have the entire metal have those color schemes.

I also agree with the naming. Metals change names between every game. I am not shedding a tear over beat downs being called “back smacks” now or actually calling no scopes “no scopes” instead of snapshots. But the high spree metals probably should remain the same. I don’t know why the change. “Boogie Man,” in particular, just sounds stupid.

> 2533274869504906;1:
> I’ve been playing the preview a bunch this weekend and I’m loving it. However, my biggest gripe with the game is definitely the medals and how they’re displayed. My biggest problem with them is how they’re displayed in-game. They’re tiny, I didn’t even notice the medals in-game until my second game. Make them larger and more pronounced like in previous titles with them displayed in the lower middle of the screen. I also don’t like the color changes to the medals like the perfection medal and overkill. It also seems the extermination medal has been removed again which is very disappointing. Then there’s the move to replace the untouchable, invincible, inconceivable, and unfriggenbelivable medals with nightmare, boogyman, grim reaper, and demon medals. I like the new medals, but they shouldn’t be used to replace long withstanding and iconic medals like the former. Use them for new things. My last issue is the medals’ general design. they feel too clean and generic. I’d really like a design language similar to reach’s medals where they’re kind of gritty and each one is unique.

Everything is tiny and hard to see/find or get to. Hopefully they put some more time into the layout, if they haven’t already.