Lets talk about the Halo Infinite "re-launch" with Season 3 in November 2022

I think we can all agree that Season 2 is scarce but will have to do for the next six months of the game.

With that said, I was one of the biggest proponents of coming on the forums and absolutely screaming from the tops of the mountains about the lag, desync, and disconnection issues that Infinite sadly had for the first several months.

I have to give 343 props because I’ve had almost zero problems over the last 40-50 days and had a fantastic time playing.

Season 2 has very little to offer but that’s what we have to deal with. So, I figured it would be fun to open up a discussion about what we want and what Halo infinite needs in order for the re-launch (and we all can agree Microsoft is going to HAVE to relaunch this game in November) to be successful and work.

My thoughts on a season 3 relaunch.

First, I want to call on the amazing Halo 2 expansion campaign. I remember when that was announced and the marketing that went behind it and it was awesome. I loved how it came on a disk and had tons of great extras on it. We got something like nine new maps and they were all a ton of fun.

We need something similar. As someone who owns a marketing company, I think 343 needs to use the model of the Halo 2 expansion pack for this relaunch.

Call back to those glory times and even offer a disk version reminiscent of the Halo 2 expansion pack. Give us some extras and a ton of downloadable goodies only available with that disk version.

Another thing I would love to see is a new version of Warzone. I loved Warzone and would play that again in a heartbeat.

Anyway, just some thoughts of mine to get the season 3 relaunch conversation going.

2 Likes

I feel like to successfully “re-launch” they will need to make major imrovements to the campaign, new biomes, better environmental storytelling, more unique NPCs and more distinction between different forward operating bases, etc.

I had really really hoped that with a ten year plan for infinite would come yearly campaign expansions. If all we’re getting is campaign expansions with no improvement in graphics/engine, every two years, how is that better than the new campaigns/graphics/engine upgrades we got every 3 years with bungie?

3 Likes

I completely agree, but I doubt they will. Also if they redo the campaign wont everyone who completed it’s progress be gone? Personally I think it would make more sense to do DLC extensions and graphics upgrades every couple of years + some more multiplayer maps and game modes. They need to if it’s going to be the only Halo game for the next 10 years.

2 Likes

I think it would be possible to make some minor but impactful adjustments to the open world without deleting everyone’s progress. But I’m not a game designer so I can’t say :confused:

2 Likes