Let's talk about the Grappling Hook.

How do you feel about it?

I’m a little nervous honestly. I don’t mind it in story mode. However, if it’s a permanent power up in multiplayer and not a rare overshield style powerup, it could create some balance issues in multiplayer. The same way armor lock did in Halo Reach and classes did in Halo 4. I always get frustrated when new gameplay mechanics lead to massive skill gaps.

They mentioned somewhere that it’ll be a pickup in multiplayer, I think in the article linked in the description of the gameplay demo.

I’m fairly certain the amount of MLG players they placed in charge of the multiplayer will make sure there isn’t a repeat of armour lock and bloom for precision weapons again. Nonetheless if everyone has it, I don’t see a big balancing issue and a larger skill gap doesn’t seem like a bad idea. This adds a certain 3D effect to the gameplay which I can respect.

As to whether it makes Halo better, I cannot say. But I don’t see a major problem for skill if it is like the thruster in Halo 5.

I hope it’s not a forced mechanic, making you use it to progress. If it’s truly open world, there should be roundabouts.

> 2533274937888919;2:
> They mentioned somewhere that it’ll be a pickup in multiplayer, I think in the article linked in the description of the gameplay demo.

How rare will the pickup be?

If they respawn too fast and there’s too many of them, it’s going to be a problem.

I can already envision scenarios where entire teams get them, leading to most of my team rage quitting. Or a bunch of cheap a-holes with a shotguns and sticky grenades zipping in and out of close quarters like Spider-Man.

The grapple is the one major issue I currently have with what we were shown.

I really don’t want it in MP but if its a pickup I am sure I will be able to live with it. Will have to see how I feel about it after I play with it.

> 2533274800221598;5:
> > 2533274937888919;2:
> > They mentioned somewhere that it’ll be a pickup in multiplayer, I think in the article linked in the description of the gameplay demo.
>
> How rare will the pickup be?
>
> If they respawn too fast and there’s too many of them, it’s going to be a problem.
>
> I can already envision scenarios where entire teams get them, leading to most of my team rage quitting. Or a bunch of cheap a-holes with a shotguns and sticky grenades zipping in and out of close quarters like Spider-Man.

Probably as often as an overshield spawn rate or Power Weapon (Shotgun, Launcher, Sniper)

It needs to stay far away from the multiplayer if its not a single use item, it really just looks like a dumb replacement of thrusters to be honest. I would just prefer it if we just had thrusters with mantling but with no sprint.

I was very concerned about it when I first heard of it. Now that I’ve seen it in action as an equipment pick up, I’m a huge fan. I’ve been asking for Equipment to return since H3, so this is like an answer to my prayers. I’m definitely still gonna wait until I try it out myself to fully determine if I like it, but for now I like what I’m seeing.

I think it is a good idea for an open world game. These type of sandbox games benefit from fun movement.