Let's talk about REQs 👈👈

(Scroll down for a short summary)

:musical_note:Let’s talk about REQS baby, let’s talk about 343, let’s talk about all the good things and the bad things that may be.:musical_note:

All jokes aside I want to talk about the REQ system, along with various other elements in the game that are good, bad, or terrible. The REQ system, for those who don’t already know, is the reward system that is used in Halo 5. In my personal opinion the REQ system has major flaws that dull multiple elements of the game down. As we all know, basically everything in Halo 5 is unlocked by purchasing REQ packs: armor, weapons, assassinations, and so on. That, my fellow Spartans, is the main problem with this system. We all remember in Halo 3, searching for the famine skull, hoping to unlock your dank set of Hayabusa armor. When you equipped that glorious chest piece and helmet and felt a sense of accomplishment. That feeling is absent in Halo 5. You get NOTHING when you beat the campaign on legendary.

That brings me to the part where I talk about how I think the REQ system should have been executed, but to talk about that, I first need to talk about unlockable items. Halo 5/ Halo 6 needs a system in which you unlock your items (armor, weapon skins, stances, etc.) from commendations, completing certain elements of the campaign, and putting in effort towards the game. However, 343 did add Achilles, which requires Spartan Companies to work together to aquire the armor set, but it is the only set so far. I loved this idea of a company working together to aquire the armor, and I would’ve loved for this to be more frequent in Halo 5.

Here’s a list of ideas for a perfect REQ system:

1. Little to none unlockable equipment
  2. No Micro transactions
  3. Only items that can be unlocked are Warzone weapons and vehicles, Arena and Warzone boosts, and different weapon variants for Warzone.

That’s about it for the REQ system but if you have any ideas or adjustments please feel free to share. I will also leave a link below that will lead to a video that describes the perfect User Interface. If you have any other topics you’d like to discuss please share because you never know, maybe 343 is reading this. I only ask you do not bash other people or be vulgar.

SUMMARY: The REQ system has major flaws that need to be removed. We want items that can be unlocked through playing the game and earning your reward. Micro transactions also need to be removed. There is a list above describing my ideal REQ system.

User Interface video:
Why is Halo 5's UI So Bad? | The Act Man - YouTube (Veiwer descretion is advised)

If only, if only.

I agree and I also think there should be unlocks for what you do; unlocks from challenges like you said from completing legendary campaign, and daily/weekly challenges to inspire gamers to enjoy halo 5 online, that is all I wish they could add and thank you for your time.

I also feel like it would be cool if the Commendations were a bit more intensive (like Halo Reach and 4) like maybe 10 levels, after 5 you get an emblem and a visor, and at level 10 you get your helmet and armor. One of the main things I’d like to see change is all the ‘skins’ they have for armors be converted to their own unlock, that way you unlock the ‘skin’ and it can be applied to whatever armor and helmet you have equipped (similar to how visors and helmets work currently).

I hate the req system.

What was wrong with seeing what’s available using your credits/points/whatever to buy the armor you want?

Reach had it right. You had to be a certain rank complete certain prereqs to unlock armor that you’d buy with cR’s earned.

> 2533274843225273;4:
> I also feel like it would be cool if the Commendations were a bit more intensive (like Halo Reach and 4) like maybe 10 levels, after 5 you get an emblem and a visor, and at level 10 you get your helmet and armor. One of the main things I’d like to see change is all the ‘skins’ they have for armors be converted to their own unlock, that way you unlock the ‘skin’ and it can be applied to whatever armor and helmet you have equipped (similar to how visors and helmets work currently).

This.
I’d also like to be able to create my own emblem.
How about an unlock for solo legendary, com’on!