Lets talk about Lag

Why is it that whenever the entire lobby is red bar’d, Halo 4 doesn’t recognize it?
Even when the game goes into black screen, it just gives host back to the same bad host. I don’t understand.
I’m getting tired of going negative and losing simply because everyone can’t be 4’d with the BR or because they’re skipping around. Why 343i? Please explain this to me. Even when it’s a host from MY COUNTRY the lag is practically unbearable.
It’s simply pathetic.

I have the same issue man. It’s an issue we all just have to deal with. All we can do is hope the xbox one has dedicated servers.

> I have the same issue man. It’s an issue we all just have to deal with. All we can do is hope the xbox one has dedicated servers.

Its already been stated numerous times that Halo Xbox One WILL have dedicated servers.

> > I have the same issue man. It’s an issue we all just have to deal with. All we can do is hope the xbox one has dedicated servers.
>
> Its already been stated numerous times that Halo Xbox One WILL have dedicated servers.

I understand that. Lets just hope they work better than our current 360 servers…

> I have the same issue man. It’s an issue we all just have to deal with. All we can do is hope the xbox one has dedicated servers.

I just don’t understand why it hasn’t been fix. I’ve know that numerous amount of people have complained about it, yet nothing has been done about it.

> > I have the same issue man. It’s an issue we all just have to deal with. All we can do is hope the xbox one has dedicated servers.
>
> Its already been stated numerous times that Halo Xbox One WILL have dedicated servers.

That doesn’t promise anything. You’re thinking “dedicated servers” as a buzz word that fixes everything. There are still obvious problems with “dedicated servesr” that can actually make the matchmaking worse if you understand how servers work.

Besides, that sounded more like the servers was mainly for always online “feature” they originally had and for day 1 full download they’re planning on moving towards.

>
> I just don’t understand why it hasn’t been fix. I’ve know that numerous amount of people have complained about it, yet nothing has been done about it.

That’s true. Many people have complained about it. However, there is only so much that Microsoft can do about it.

> > > I have the same issue man. It’s an issue we all just have to deal with. All we can do is hope the xbox one has dedicated servers.
> >
> > I just don’t understand why it hasn’t been fix. I’ve know that numerous amount of people have complained about it, yet nothing has been done about it.
>
> That’s true. Many people have complained about it. However, there is only so much that Microsoft can do about it.

It’s not Microsoft, it’s 343 that need to get their stuff straight. Halo Reach and Halo 3 recognized that the host is bad.

> > > > I have the same issue man. It’s an issue we all just have to deal with. All we can do is hope the xbox one has dedicated servers.
> > >
> > > I just don’t understand why it hasn’t been fix. I’ve know that numerous amount of people have complained about it, yet nothing has been done about it.
> >
> > That’s true. Many people have complained about it. However, there is only so much that Microsoft can do about it.
>
> It’s not Microsoft, it’s 343 that need to get their stuff straight. Halo Reach and Halo 3 recognized that the host is bad.

Actually dude, Microsoft controlls the servers. Microsoft oversees 343, not the other way around. Hao:Reach had options to make matchmaking connection better, and Halo 4 does not. It’s that simple.

> > > I have the same issue man. It’s an issue we all just have to deal with. All we can do is hope the xbox one has dedicated servers.
> >
> > Its already been stated numerous times that Halo Xbox One WILL have dedicated servers.
>
> I understand that. Lets just hope they work better than our current 360 servers…

Current Halo games don’t play from a server. They play on a p2p basis, where 1 person hosts the game and everybody else plays on their connection. The only server involved is the one that holds the data for each playlist, which players don’t actually use to play from.

> >
> > Its already been stated numerous times that Halo Xbox One WILL have dedicated servers.
>
> That doesn’t promise anything. You’re thinking “dedicated servers” as a buzz word that fixes everything. There are still obvious problems with “dedicated servesr” that can actually make the matchmaking worse if you understand how servers work.
>
> <mark>Besides, that sounded more like the servers was mainly for always online “feature” they originally had and for day 1 full download they’re planning on moving towards.</mark>

343 themselves have stated that Halo Xbox One’s matchmaking connections will be run from dedicated servers rather than having a host for each game, similar to how Gears 3/Judgment work. This will eliminate the host advantage and have less chance of games going black screen due to bad host connections or host migration.

Also the day 1 full download is just a patch. Once its been done thats it.

> > > > I have the same issue man. It’s an issue we all just have to deal with. All we can do is hope the xbox one has dedicated servers.
> > >
> > > Its already been stated numerous times that Halo Xbox One WILL have dedicated servers.
> >
> > That doesn’t promise anything. You’re thinking “dedicated servers” as a buzz word that fixes everything. There are still obvious problems with “dedicated servesr” that can actually make the matchmaking worse if you understand how servers work.
> >
> > <mark>Besides, that sounded more like the servers was mainly for always online “feature” they originally had and for day 1 full download they’re planning on moving towards.</mark>
>
> 343 themselves have stated that Halo Xbox One’s matchmaking connections will be run from dedicated servers rather than having a host for each game, similar to how Gears 3/Judgment work. This will eliminate the host advantage and have less chance of games going black screen due to bad host connections or host migration.
>
> Also the day 1 full download is just a patch. Once its been done thats it.

Thanks for the info Phil.

I havent been keeping up to date with everything xbone, lately. So the days of spree resets will be a thing of the past?

OT:
I dont experience dreadful laggy matches, just takes a while to find one.