Let's talk about forge.

Forge is essential to community bonding and interaction. So how important is forge to you guys? And what do you expect/want in the new forge?

Why you concerned we saw forge maps in the beta so there’s definitely forge

Forge discussions are usually saved until later. People tend to freak out with every release that they haven’t shown it, just wait. If they don’t show it in August at the latest, then I’ll be worried.

Knowing that Forge is crucial to the longevity of the game, It’s very high on the priority list.

They talked a little about it yesterday.

I first have to add the obligatory statement that Forge died a while ago. But forge is still in halo 5, with plenty of new things. It looks like, from the beta, they added more color options and new pieces.

Well lets hope they don’t kill that like they just did armor customization.

The podcast from the other day as well as a few other asides indicate that they have some big plans for Forge. I’m hoping that they give an even more robust toolset than they have in the past and perhaps make a PC version of it for even greater control. I’ve mentioned it a couple times on here, but I’d like to see them provide tools as robust as Doom’s SnapMap appears to be, but I doubt they’re going to give access to AI spawning on maps so you can truly build your own gametypes beyond the standard.

Just thinking about something like that got me thinking about a gametype that could be awesome using the campaign’s squad mechanics and some AI characters…

They added micro transactions in forge. You are now limited to 100 objects and you have to pay $5 to add another 100. Lol I shouldn’t give them any ideas

While I don’t dislike Locke, I feel as though having Thorne in this role–arguably the most Spartan-esque out of the Spartan-IVs, would’ve been a better fit for the role.

> 2533274795997033;10:
> While I don’t dislike Locke, I feel as though having Thorne in this role–arguably the most Spartan-esque out of the Spartan-IVs, would’ve been a better fit for the role.

Pretty sure you are in the wrong topic.

It’s so important I would give up a side game mode like fire fight or sparten ops for a solid well done forge and great forge sand boxes.

Lets hope they give options to disable and enable sprint. Allows two whole sides of custom minigame maps etc.

I am excited for the announcements!

If it’s anything like the H2:A Forge, then count me in. They’re gonna do it.

There were two forge maps in the beta “Orion” and “Pegasus” they both were on the same forge canvas which was pretty damn large maybe more than half of what forge world was in halo reach maybe we have a Forge World 2.0 im excited for Forge The Forge mode in reach is my favorite so far Fingers crossed that its a new Forge World :slight_smile:

> 2533274867591496;16:
> There were two forge maps in the beta “Orion” and “Pegasus” they both were on the same forge canvas which was pretty damn large maybe more than half of what forge world was in halo reach maybe we have a Forge World 2.0 im excited for Forge The Forge mode in reach is my favorite so far Fingers crossed that its a new Forge World :slight_smile:

Actually Orion, Pegasus, Trench, and Crossfire were all forge maps.

They showed Halo 4 forge at ComicCon 2012. They’ll do that again this year? Right?

Im sure forge will be… fine. It probably wont be impressive. Hopefully new useful blocks (unofficially confirmed in beta) and Primary/Secondary forge colours. I’ll be surprised if Day/Night cycles or weather is announced.

> 2533274813353868;12:
> It’s so important I would give up a side game mode like fire fight or sparten ops for a solid well done forge and great forge sand boxes.

Heck, make it robust enough and we can build our own Fire Fight or Spartan Ops missions…

You do realize that Bungie and 343 have typically waited until Comic-Con to show Forge, right? Furthermore, Forge has already been confirmed and was slightly featured in BETA. So what exactly are you “concerned” about, the fact that 343 haven’t shown you every aspect of the game four months before the game has even gone gold.