Let's Talk About Expectations

Used to <3 H3 and was dissapointed with ODST and then with Reach,

Broke my xbox havent played any in so long

I have just bought the H4 xbox and limited ed. game hoping it will rekindle my love for gaming…

What are your views and how did you feel with the radical changes from H3 to Reach, and what are you hoping for/expecting H4 will be like?

> Used to <3 H3 and was dissapointed with ODST and then with Reach,
>
> Broke my xbox havent played any in so long
>
> I have just bought the H4 xbox and limited ed. game hoping it will rekindle my love for gaming…
>
> What are your views and how did you feel with the radical changes from H3 to Reach, and what are you hoping for/expecting H4 will be like?

I think the game is great so far, Reach was very unbalanced compared to Halo 3, and Halo 4 it’s very balanced so far.

I’m going into Halo 4 with an open mind like I do with all the games. I don’t have many expectations just as long as the Storyline is true to what Halo is. As a girl who plays many odd games (Come on… I’m playing a panda expansion to WoW atm -.- ) I’m quite open to anything. Sounds like my little brother isn’t though. He’s been upset from day one about the matchmaking changes. The custom loadouts and the like. Keeps complaining that it’s gonna be just a prettier version of CoD.

After playing all the games and seeing the Story. I’m looking forward to it. Unfortunatly Reach was the only matchmaking I ever did so im not sure how to think about it as a whole. Spartan ops look amazing. The new infection mode is really what ive been longing for. I’m wholly looking forward to it. Not getting the Legendary edition but I usually never do unless it’s World of Warcraft. 50 bucks is enough imo for a 360game.

@Rakalf, Hopefully it will live up to expectations and honor the franchise. However, I’m led to a feeling of newer players trying to get into it later on will be at a kind of weak spot as everyone will have various specializations and better loadouts…

@Twisted Ego, I absolutely love WoW I only stopped playing a few months ago and NEED to purchase MoP can’t wait to get on it lol.
But I kinda agree with your brother that its slowly moving to CoD just to meet the agreed standard in the Genre which I think it shouldn’t and I think it should go back to basics and reward skilled players and not punish new players, H3 had same weapon startups, almost symmetrical maps with almost symmetrical weapon spawns.

Recently as posted in the Bulletin, I hate the new ranking system end of. Mainly because it’s just keep playing and you’ll get there one day sort of system like Reach and CoD, I adored H3’s True Skill where you actually had to be good to rank up or you’d be stuck with the same rank almost forever.

In CoD and Reach being in a lobby and looking at peoples ranks means nothing, in H3 it meant everything if the opposite team had 3 gens or they had a guy with 50 skill and only 200xp as you knew they had fought frivolously to obtain it. It is also that feeling of achieving 50 skill or Gen and sitting in the lobby proudly wearing the rank…

TL;DR new ranking sucks pretty much same as Reach and CoD more you play higher you go, old 50 skill was da Bomb

As long as Halo 4 is like Halo 3 where players who had good aim are rewarded again then I’ll be happy. Nothing more frustrating then playing reach and losing a DMR 1v1 because random bloom decided your perfectly aimed shot at their head would miss instead.

> As long as Halo 4 is like Halo 3 where players who had good aim are rewarded again then I’ll be happy. Nothing more frustrating then playing reach and losing a DMR 1v1 because random bloom decided your perfectly aimed shot at their head would miss instead.

It was the same business in Halo 3. Except the difference is bloom 110% guarantees you a perfect first shot. It is a visual representation of Halo 3, 2 and CE’s bullet spread. Nothing more.

@ Akbar, I personally can’t wait to get Halo 4! I’ll be pwning with the Assault rifle all day ery day. But, I rate games on their campaign, so I can’t say whether or not I like H4 until I can judge it’s story.

I’m going in with an open mind but I’m half expecting a George Lucas scenario.

> Used to <3 H3 and was dissapointed with ODST and then with Reach,
>
> Broke my xbox havent played any in so long
>
> I have just bought the H4 xbox and limited ed. game hoping it will rekindle my love for gaming…
>
> What are your views and how did you feel with the radical changes from H3 to Reach, and what are you hoping for/expecting H4 will be like?

First i have to no this… did you break your xbox because of the disapointing ODST and Reach?.. if so… hilarious

Second, I -Yoink!- ODST was pretty fun with the firefight mode, spent countless in it. Reach diddo, loved the ranking system.

However i understand why people were disapointed in both reach and odst. the halos we were used to were playing with the cheif during the story. Not odsts and spartan 3s, that and the campains and multiplayer felt off base. The original trilogy fealt like they should have.

HALO 4 however is picking up the cheifs story, if you have read some or all the books so far you should be really excited about this game. Now, i no 343 has taken over and made changes, most changes i personally like. Their quicking the game speed. Eliminating spawn time in most MP modes. Credit system is back but now balanced and more complicated. The eddition not only of new weapons but custom loadouts, more armor to choose from etc… this game is going to be great, they took the best things from halo 3 and put it in, and took the idea of reachs ranking system and made it work.

This game is going to feal like a much faster halo than we ever played before. amping up the speed. eliminating spawn time. adding the feature that players can join games in progress, this wont have a dull moment. Cant wait till nov. 6th