Lets talk about animations

Have you noticed that there no animation in the environement?
I mean the grass is not moving with the wind, trees doesn’t move, only poorly animated birds and rats are moving.
Even the enemies looks robotics like the Elite who rool when the Chief is fireing.
Even the focus on the face of Escharum is a huge step backward.
Graphics is a huge shame, but when you looks closer, even the rest is poorly executed.

343i can you please explain what happened?

Pre release footage happened.

> 2535420393063948;2:
> Pre release footage happened.

I am sorry, but the « pre release » argument is invalid.
We saw several month, even a year a demo of Halo 3, Reach, 4, 5 and many other games of other licence and the final product is nearly the same.
Here even with some upgrade it still will be a shame.
For information there is no patch for bring animation to objects.
You can be sure to 100% that what we saw, will be really close to what we will have.

And for the joke clipping (grass which vanished, clouds which pops) is not animations.

As much as I hated the art direction for halo 4 and 5 at least they looked like proper games.

Man the Phantoms. I understand these are early animations and can get some refinement, but ugh those things flew like a plane on a stick from an old movie.

> 2533274837998235;3:
> > 2535420393063948;2:
> > Pre release footage happened.
>
> I am sorry, but the « pre release » argument is invalid.
> We saw several month, even a year a demo of Halo 3, Reach, 4, 5 and many other games of other licence and the final product is nearly the same.
> Here even with some upgrade it still will be a shame.
> For information there is no patch for bring animation to objects.
> You can be sure to 100% that what we saw, will be really close to what we will have.

You truly don’t remember the Bungie Vidocs where there was literally no textures in H3 do you? Or the MP Beta for H3 that had entirely different lighting… or the H2 E3 demo that wasn’t even a real build of the game. Do you?

> 2533274823664396;7:
> > 2533274837998235;3:
> > > 2535420393063948;2:
> > > Pre release footage happened.
> >
> > I am sorry, but the « pre release » argument is invalid.
> > We saw several month, even a year a demo of Halo 3, Reach, 4, 5 and many other games of other licence and the final product is nearly the same.
> > Here even with some upgrade it still will be a shame.
> > For information there is no patch for bring animation to objects.
> > You can be sure to 100% that what we saw, will be really close to what we will have.
>
> You truly don’t remember the Bungie Vidocs where there was literally no textures in H3 do you? Or the MP Beta for H3 that had entirely different lighting… or the H2 E3 demo that wasn’t even a real build of the game. Do you?
> - H3 Lighting Pre-release - Halo 3 ViDoc: Quisnam Protero Damno! - YouTube - H3 Early ViDoc (much earlier than the Halo Infinite reveal, still worth noting) - Halo 3 ViDoc: Et Tu Brute? - YouTube - H2 E3 Demo - Halo 2 - E3 2003 Gameplay Demo Trailer [HD] - YouTube do agree this is very close to the final product, but lets hang tight for the time being lol, they’ve heard the anger.

But each time they show the game at the presentation it was close to the final product. We don’t show a vidoc in this kind of important show.
It’s a lack of competence or professionalism at this point