Let's talk about 1 Flag

Can anyone tell me why 1 Flag CTF is no longer a part of halo? 1 Flag on asymmetrical maps such as Stonetown/Zanzibar, Lockout, High Ground, and many many others is badly needed to keep H5 interesting.

H5 is the best halo game yet, but matchmaking and gametype options are more limited than ever before.

> 2543997646668596;1:
> Can anyone tell me why 1 Flag CTF is no longer a part of halo? 1 Flag on asymmetrical maps such as Stonetown/Zanzibar, Lockout, High Ground, and many many others is badly needed to keep H5 interesting.
>
> H5 is the best halo game yet, but matchmaking and gametype options are more limited than ever before.

A lot of it has to do with the available custom options within the game. If 343i were to provide custom settings that allowed for it to exist under a better scenario within the Breakout mode I’m sure you’d see the custom community creating that game-type and perhaps 343i would incorporate it within their matchmaking if they thought it’d be a successful hit there – like they did with the Extermination playlist.

Personally, I’d love to see it return under a social mixed-bag of round-based game modes – a social Breakout. See this playlist breakdown to get a better idea of what I’m talking about.

1 Flag on anything but BTB maps wouldn’t be very fun. Most Arena maps are too small for it. And given how quickly the flag can be moved, games wouldn’t last very long.

> 2586218893181855;3:
> 1 Flag on anything but BTB maps wouldn’t be very fun. Most Arena maps are too small for it. And given how quickly the flag can be moved, games wouldn’t last very long.

Just curious if you’re directing this comment towards me because of my post or if you’re making this statement generally?

> 2775209234672000;4:
> > 2586218893181855;3:
> > 1 Flag on anything but BTB maps wouldn’t be very fun. Most Arena maps are too small for it. And given how quickly the flag can be moved, games wouldn’t last very long.
>
> Just curious if you’re directing this comment towards me because of my post or if you’re making this statement generally?

I was speaking in general.

There once were mid-size, asymmetrical maps that worked for 8-12 total players. Think High Ground from H3 and Powehouse from Reach, as well as Zanzibar from H2. There has not been a more popular map than Zanzibar in any halo game. 1 Flag would work very well in H5. And, how hard would it be to create a 1 Flag option in Forge? But it isn’t possible without ending the game after each round and switching teams.

The current methods to create it are not ideal as there are issues associated with both options.

Non-round based
Round based

Hopefully, 343i improves and expands the custom options with the next big update to include a true 1-Flag CTF and 1-Bomb Assault on top of allowing and/or improving other potential modes such as Extraction, Regicide, Ricochet, Headhunters, and Race.