Lets take a look at the Armour Abilities

I’ve seen Halo 4 gameplay, and as far as I can tell certain Armour Abilities are either too overpowered, or underwhelmingly underpowered.

Hologram: buff it! (seen in multiplayer/trailer previews)
Reduce that “white glow” effect’s time to a fifth of what it is now as it screams “I’M A HOLOGRAM” whenever you send one around a corner.
Have it so that it initially runs in a straight line, and then attempts to “strafe”/run in a random direction when shot at.
Make it sound exactly like a real player, with simulated “hurt sounds”.
Simulate firing at enemy players that are in it’s field of view, by simply “firing” blanks.

Promethean Vision: nerf it (seen in multiplayer)
Whenever it’s being used, players on the other team should be notified of it’s use via both radar pings (a little red arrow pointing in the direction of the PV user) and the red outlines of the PV viewer shown to all enemy players while also lowering whatever weapon/disabling melee/grenade attacks.

Autosentry: add a counter to it (not seen in multiplayer, still, a suggestion wouldn’t go amiss)
Targets hostile holograms as a priority, allowing those who use Hologram to counter and dupe it effectively but still have to be on their toes with the Autosentry’s rate of fire and damage.

Of course what I posted above is a whole bunch of opinions, even so, I’d like to know what you, the community, feel about these ideas.

I could see some of the concern about the promethean vision considering how far reaching and how quickly it can scan. So maybe another possible nerf as a counter to your suggestion is just to make it so that it scans more slowly so that they are not as likely to move around so much. That way, people can counter it by being able to move in from other directions.

I have’nt seen any gameplay from the auto sentry yet, even on youtube, so I can’t really give any critique on that.

The hardlight shield is a befitting replacement for armor lock. It protects you only where it counts, it has a more limited use. And although its not the jackal shield like I wanted, its close enough.

For the hologram, a player who puts a reticle on it should appear as red so its can trick to player into attacking it. I can’t tell you have many times I could tell right off the bat that its a hologram just by aiming at it.

There was enough gameplay to form an opinion on the auto sentry? Odd, all the gameplay videos i’ve seen on MLG TV and Gamespot use the Promethean Vison and very rarely, the Hardlight or Thurster Pack and none of them included the auto sentry.

> I could see some of the concern about the promethean vision considering how far reaching and how quickly it can scan. So maybe another possible nerf as a counter to your suggestion is just to make it so that it scans more slowly so that they are not as likely to move around so much. That way, people can counter it by being able to move in from other directions.
>
> I have’nt seen any gameplay from the auto sentry yet, even on youtube, so I can’t really give any critique on that.
>
> The hardlight shield is a befitting replacement for armor lock. It protects you only where it counts, it has a more limited use. And although its not the jackal shield like I wanted, its close enough.
>
> For the hologram, a player who puts a reticle on it should appear as red so its can trick to player into attacking it. I can’t tell you have many times I could tell right off the bat that its a hologram just by aiming at it.

Yeah, that could work quite well, and I added the Autosentry buff idea even if I didn’t see any gameplay videos of it yet - I understand how it could be troublesome seeing as it would be much like a stationary camping player with a fully automatic rifle with bottomless clip.

Also the the hardlight shield is perfect in my eyes - Like a portable Armour Lock/Drop shield, but it left you weaponless and vulnerable from behind. That was it’s own counter, and I can see it working quite well.

That too for the Hologram - As well as how it just statically walked in a single line.

@A Critical H1T: Read what I have posted above.

I don’t remember seeing any armour abilities other than PV.

> I don’t remember seeing any armour abilities other than PV.

Watch more of the previews in the trailers - Hologram has been used multiple times.

The only thing that hasn’t been shown yet would be the Regeneration Field and Autosentry, so I suggested a decent counter for the stationary sentry.

Oh i see. Drawing up the possible abuse that Auto Sentry could be capable of it. Gotcha.

Oh you can flank Hardlight users on the sides to just so you know. There’s a gameplay video of someone using a storm rifle flanking such a person from the side, and ending the engagement with a melee.

Though i do agree, it doesn’t make you invincible and more vulnerable than a Riot Shield (thus negating the COD comparison).

I’ll have to copy/paste a reply for possible buffs for hologram.

> I’ve seen Halo 4 gameplay, and as far as I can tell certain Armour Abilities are either too overpowered, or underwhelmingly underpowered.
>
> Hologram: buff it! (seen in multiplayer/trailer previews)
> Reduce that “white glow” effect’s time to a fifth of what it is now as it screams “I’M A HOLOGRAM” whenever you send one around a corner.
> Have it so that it initially runs in a straight line, and then attempts to “strafe”/run in a random direction when shot at.
> Make it sound exactly like a real player, with simulated “hurt sounds”.
> Simulate firing at enemy players that are in it’s field of view, by simply “firing” blanks.
>
> Promethean Vision: nerf it (seen in multiplayer)
> Whenever it’s being used, players on the other team should be notified of it’s use via both radar pings (a little red arrow pointing in the direction of the PV user) and the red outlines of the PV viewer shown to all enemy players while also lowering whatever weapon/disabling melee/grenade attacks.
>
> Autosentry: add a counter to it (not seen in multiplayer, still, a suggestion wouldn’t go amiss)
> Targets hostile holograms as a priority, allowing those who use Hologram to counter and dupe it effectively but still have to be on their toes with the Autosentry’s rate of fire and damage.
>
> Of course what I posted above is a whole bunch of opinions, even so, I’d like to know what you, the community, feel about these ideas.

Here are some of my request to balance the armor abilities you listed and some concerns you did not list.

Request.

Hologram: The crosshair should show red when lined on hologram the hologram should also be given fake gamertags whether it be from your friends list or as a dobbleganger of a player in the game.

Pv: The only changes I really want for this is that the length that the sonar can reach to be decreased and to make it where the players have to be active and moving to be picked up. Also it should pick up players using camo making it a balance to the camo.

Auto Sentry: Not much is really known of this ability as of now, so I don’t know any changes to make to it except to maybe make them fooled by active camo and detectable by pv.

Concerns.

Hardlight Shield: While I believe this to be a acceptable replacement to amorlock I also see a way it could be abused if not given this nerf. The hardlight shield should not allow the player to recharge their shields while using it as it would allow them to pop it up as a way to recharge shields and get away.

Active Camo: Should not have the radar jammer effect and should not make the player visable while moving.

That all I have for now.

Ideas to nerf PV:

1. Reduce range

2. Increase time it takes to start working after you press LB

3. Make it so it’s only usable while standing still. Maybe if you move around it blurs so you can hardly see.

4. Kind of a combination of 2 + 3. When you use it you have to stand still for a couple of seconds and wait for it to start working, then you can move around with it.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Change PV to a sonar system ala Splinter Cell Conviction!

A wave goes out, anyone within range appears and then fades until the next wave goes out.