Lets stop pretending we know Halo 5 Sales

In the forums, I have seen people pretend to know how much Halo 5 has sold. Haters of the game pull up wiki sales saying 1 million (they only got that number since Microsoft said all their exclusive holiday games of 2015 sold at least 1 million). Others say numbers like 5 million from other sites. The truth is, we don’t know the sales retail or digital. So lets stop pretending we do to fit our own view of the game whether you like Halo 5 or not.

Are the sales statistics even comparebel? The times while the realease of a halo game are compleatly diferent like the exceptions of the players etc.

> 2533274954911187;1:
> In the forums, I have seen people pretend to know how much Halo 5 has sold. Haters of the game pull up wiki sales saying 1 million (they only got that number since Microsoft said all their exclusive holiday games of 2015 sold at least 1 million). Others say numbers like 5 million from other sites. The truth is, we don’t know the sales retail or digital. So lets stop pretending we do to fit our own view of the game whether you like Halo 5 or not.

We don’t know but the lack of bragging on the part of 343i/MS and H5’s failure to break into the top ten most played games on XBL implies low sales. Most of the veterans have left the game and as a veteran myself, I will be trading in my copy tomorrow; I’ll just play custom games when they release forge on PC for free. Halo has played out as a franchise.

> 2533274954911187;1:
> In the forums, I have seen people pretend to know how much Halo 5 has sold. Haters of the game pull up wiki sales saying 1 million (they only got that number since Microsoft said all their exclusive holiday games of 2015 sold at least 1 million). Others say numbers like 5 million from other sites. The truth is, we don’t know the sales retail or digital. So lets stop pretending we do to fit our own view of the game whether you like Halo 5 or not.

Maybe not the sales…but we know that it’s not the most played game on the Xbox, has dropped quite a bit…and that’s regardless of how many people bought the game at launch.

no exclusive games, sales number its joke. halo5 is no more exclusive now, you could saw vgcharz or npd report

> 2535453138108435;3:
> We don’t know but the lack of bragging on the part of 343i/MS and H5’s failure to break into the top ten most played games on XBL implies low sales. Most of the veterans have left the game and as a veteran myself, I will be trading in my copy tomorrow; I’ll just play custom games when they release forge on PC for free. Halo has played out as a franchise.

Microsoft not saying anything only says they’re disappointed in the sales numbers. Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s bad. Square Enix was disappointed with Tomb Raider 2013’s sales because it “only” sold 4 million copies when they expected 10. A low population doesn’t mean it sold poorly at all. It just means it isn’t retaining players. Sure, both points can point to poor sales, but you can only say that when you know the numbers. We don’t so we can’t know.

Also, I’m a veteran. I’ve played Halo since 2003. I’m still here. Most of my friends are long time fans and still playing Halo 5. In my experience, it’s the veterans that are sticking around while new players aren’t staying. To say “most” veterans are leaving and that you’re trading in your game because it’s bad (Which I don’t believe in the slightest, by the way. Why even go to, let alone post, on the forums of the game? Trade it in and be done with it. Why make a spectical of it in a no-name post?), is terribly sensationalist.

OP is right that we need to stop pretending we know things. We have no idea. Using sales numbers in an argument about whether Halo is healthy or not implies that sales numbers are the end-all-be-all. They aren’t. Sales numbers aren’t at all relevant to whether Halo is “dead” or not. The whole argument is opinion based anyway. No one has an objective view on it. It’s pointless to argue over it, even though we will.

It’s an exclusive title. Not just any exclusive title, THE exclusive Xbox title. It’s not that important to have an exact number to begin with because Xbox One sales are almost equally indicative of Halo 5’s success.

> 2535460843083983;7:
> It’s an exclusive title. Not just any exclusive title, THE exclusive Xbox title. It’s not that important to have an exact number to begin with because Xbox One sales are almost equally indicative of Halo 5’s success.

halo5: forge will come to pc for free( could play custom game) this year, its no more exclusive right now.

> 2533274794312469;6:
> > 2535453138108435;3:
> > We don’t know but the lack of bragging on the part of 343i/MS and H5’s failure to break into the top ten most played games on XBL implies low sales. Most of the veterans have left the game and as a veteran myself, I will be trading in my copy tomorrow; I’ll just play custom games when they release forge on PC for free. Halo has played out as a franchise.
>
>
> Microsoft not saying anything only says they’re disappointed in the sales numbers. Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s bad. Square Enix was disappointed with Tomb Raider 2013’s sales because it “only” sold 4 million copies when they expected 10. A low population doesn’t mean it sold poorly at all. It just means it isn’t retaining players. Sure, both points can point to poor sales, but you can only say that when you know the numbers. We don’t so we can’t know.
>
> Also, I’m a veteran. I’ve played Halo since 2003. I’m still here. Most of my friends are long time fans and still playing Halo 5. In my experience, it’s the veterans that are sticking around while new players aren’t staying. To say “most” veterans are leaving and that you’re trading in your game because it’s bad (Which I don’t believe in the slightest, by the way. Why even go to, let alone post, on the forums of the game? Trade it in and be done with it. Why make a spectical of it in a no-name post?), is terribly sensationalist.
>
> OP is right that we need to stop pretending we know things. We have no idea. Using sales numbers in an argument about whether Halo is healthy or not implies that sales numbers are the end-all-be-all. They aren’t. Sales numbers aren’t at all relevant to whether Halo is “dead” or not. The whole argument is opinion based anyway. No one has an objective view on it. It’s pointless to argue over it, even though we will.

1. Tomb raider is not Halo. Halo is the franchise that has kept the Xbox alive for fifteen years and is in no way comparable to TR.
  2. Low population usually means low number of copies sold because people do not purchase copies to collect dust. Sure, as you said, we cannot be certain but the likelihood of a low population being the result of low number of copies sold is higher than the alternative.
  3. Most of my friends were also long time fans and only stuck with the Xbox for Halo titles. With h5, they did not just ditch the franchise, they left the Xbox behind and opted for PS4s. The reason why they left? Lack of split-screen and game modes. Aside from this, the Metacritic rating obtained by H5 is an 84 which is lower than what the previous four main games received which means that H5 was received more poorly than H4, a game that was despised for being too COD-like. The numbers don’t lie.
  4. I’m posting here about my distaste for H5 because I want 343i to not screw up future games or they will lose many fans who are on the line between ditching the franchise and staying. I want H6 to be better.

> 2535453138108435;9:
> > 2533274794312469;6:
> > > 2535453138108435;3:
> > > We don’t know but the lack of bragging on the part of 343i/MS and H5’s failure to break into the top ten most played games on XBL implies low sales. Most of the veterans have left the game and as a veteran myself, I will be trading in my copy tomorrow; I’ll just play custom games when they release forge on PC for free. Halo has played out as a franchise.
> >
> >
> > Microsoft not saying anything only says they’re disappointed in the sales numbers. Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s bad. Square Enix was disappointed with Tomb Raider 2013’s sales because it “only” sold 4 million copies when they expected 10. A low population doesn’t mean it sold poorly at all. It just means it isn’t retaining players. Sure, both points can point to poor sales, but you can only say that when you know the numbers. We don’t so we can’t know.
> >
> > Also, I’m a veteran. I’ve played Halo since 2003. I’m still here. Most of my friends are long time fans and still playing Halo 5. In my experience, it’s the veterans that are sticking around while new players aren’t staying. To say “most” veterans are leaving and that you’re trading in your game because it’s bad (Which I don’t believe in the slightest, by the way. Why even go to, let alone post, on the forums of the game? Trade it in and be done with it. Why make a spectical of it in a no-name post?), is terribly sensationalist.
> >
> > OP is right that we need to stop pretending we know things. We have no idea. Using sales numbers in an argument about whether Halo is healthy or not implies that sales numbers are the end-all-be-all. They aren’t. Sales numbers aren’t at all relevant to whether Halo is “dead” or not. The whole argument is opinion based anyway. No one has an objective view on it. It’s pointless to argue over it, even though we will.
>
>
> 1) Tomb raider is not Halo. Halo is the franchise that has kept the Xbox alive for fifteen years and is in no way comparable to TR.
> 2) Low population usually means low number of copies sold because people do not purchase copies to collect dust. Sure, as you said, we cannot be certain but the likelihood of a low population being the result of low number of copies sold is higher than the alternative.
> 3) Most of my friends were also long time fans and only stuck with the Xbox for Halo titles. With h5, they did not just ditch the franchise, they left the Xbox behind and opted for PS4s. The reason why they left? Lack of split-screen and game modes. Aside from this, the Metacritic rating obtained by H5 is an 84 which is lower than what the previous four main games received which means that H5 was received more poorly than H4, a game that was despised for being too COD-like. The numbers don’t lie.
> 4) I’m posting here about my distaste for H5 because I want 343i to not screw up future games or they will lose many fans who are on the line between ditching the franchise and staying. I want H6 to be better.

Agree 100%, well said.

People seem obsessed over sales and always say Halo 5 has a “low population” but I never have any problems finding a match.

This could be the same argument for player population. Nobody knows the actual player population. They just throw out that its low using most popular on Xbox. It’s an assumption that people tout as fact.

> 2533274815582829;12:
> This could be the same argument for player population. Nobody knows the actual player population. They just throw out that its low using most popular on Xbox. It’s an assumption that people tout as fact.

But assumptions can be made and you can get a Good ideas by the tactics used to come up with thwm. It is called analytics… lol. More proof showing what the numbers are than you saying they are not… that is why they don’t make them available because they are so bad and they will be ridiculed … also if ms made soo much money they would sure be yelling it from the roof against sony. You can make all the excuses you want… that’s ok… close your eyes…say people are haters blah blah blah

Not knowing how many games were sold and not knowing population are probably a good sign that there not great. A company would definitely use these two things as bragging rights and use this to there advantage to lure in new players to Halo…

While we don’t know the exact number, we do know it’s the least popular Halo game. This comes from multiple sources in multiple countries.

> 2535453138108435;9:
> > 2533274794312469;6:
> > > 2535453138108435;3:
> > > We don’t know but the lack of bragging on the part of 343i/MS and H5’s failure to break into the top ten most played games on XBL implies low sales. Most of the veterans have left the game and as a veteran myself, I will be trading in my copy tomorrow; I’ll just play custom games when they release forge on PC for free. Halo has played out as a franchise.
> >
> >
> > Microsoft not saying anything only says they’re disappointed in the sales numbers. Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s bad. Square Enix was disappointed with Tomb Raider 2013’s sales because it “only” sold 4 million copies when they expected 10. A low population doesn’t mean it sold poorly at all. It just means it isn’t retaining players. Sure, both points can point to poor sales, but you can only say that when you know the numbers. We don’t so we can’t know.
> >
> > Also, I’m a veteran. I’ve played Halo since 2003. I’m still here. Most of my friends are long time fans and still playing Halo 5. In my experience, it’s the veterans that are sticking around while new players aren’t staying. To say “most” veterans are leaving and that you’re trading in your game because it’s bad (Which I don’t believe in the slightest, by the way. Why even go to, let alone post, on the forums of the game? Trade it in and be done with it. Why make a spectical of it in a no-name post?), is terribly sensationalist.
> >
> > OP is right that we need to stop pretending we know things. We have no idea. Using sales numbers in an argument about whether Halo is healthy or not implies that sales numbers are the end-all-be-all. They aren’t. Sales numbers aren’t at all relevant to whether Halo is “dead” or not. The whole argument is opinion based anyway. No one has an objective view on it. It’s pointless to argue over it, even though we will.
>
>
> 1) Tomb raider is not Halo. Halo is the franchise that has kept the Xbox alive for fifteen years and is in no way comparable to TR.
> 2) Low population usually means low number of copies sold because people do not purchase copies to collect dust. Sure, as you said, we cannot be certain but the likelihood of a low population being the result of low number of copies sold is higher than the alternative.
> 3) Most of my friends were also long time fans and only stuck with the Xbox for Halo titles. With h5, they did not just ditch the franchise, they left the Xbox behind and opted for PS4s. The reason why they left? Lack of split-screen and game modes. Aside from this, the Metacritic rating obtained by H5 is an 84 which is lower than what the previous four main games received which means that H5 was received more poorly than H4, a game that was despised for being too COD-like. The numbers don’t lie.
> 4) I’m posting here about my distaste for H5 because I want 343i to not screw up future games or they will lose many fans who are on the line between ditching the franchise and staying. I want H6 to be better.

That’s funny, I know people who are swapping their Xbox’s for PS4’s. They’ve been here playing Halo with me since CE 2002.
They’re waiting for Halo 5 Windows 10 though. Customs are good enough. Warzone isn’t a game changer and wont be missed.

halo 3 had the best population of all, and for more time than any other halo I believe

> 2533274936879727;15:
> While we don’t know the exact number, we do know it’s the least popular Halo game. This comes from multiple sources in multiple countries.

Which is a shame because IMO, it’s one of the best… stands up with 1 thru 3.

> 2533274890314548;11:
> People seem obsessed over sales and always say Halo 5 has a “low population” but I never have any problems finding a match.

Titanfall has less than a few thousand and I had no problem getting games. I’m not saying Halo is that low. Just saying getting games is no indication of high or low population.

Well here is some data :smiley: