Lets Replicate Halo 4 in Halo Reach

Title says it all. We have a map: Wraparound is more fitting for obvious reasons (Forerunner structures, also we might be able to turn on nova for the light effect). Someone would have to analyze the crap out of the player traits like player speed, damage and what not. We should base the gametype off of the gametypes from Anniversary classic.

Let’s replicate Halo 4!

I will make the map, others can join me or make one of their own. once you’re done with your map gametype, contribute it here and we will do a manual vote to see which one is the most fitting. Then, we will make 343 play it, and ask them how close we were.

I will work on the map tomorrow.

but i want the new br and other new weapons…

I’ll definitely help you tommorrow - what’s your XBL?
I’m not a fantastic forger, but I can use coordinates and stuff really well.

> I’ll definitely help you tommorrow - what’s your XBL?
> I’m not a fantastic forger, but I can use coordinates and stuff really well.

When can you meet and at which time zone? My GT is “ran and shai” (without the speech-marks).

My friend edited the wraparound map that was made. He added light effects, and added a lower level

> My friend edited the wraparound map that was made. He added light effects, and added a lower level

What are you talking about?

Also, I made this a while ago based on the First Look, it might help:

Oh i meant that my friend added to the wraparound map that was forged by someone else

This one
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=27344815&player=Francis

As Killergrunt1337 mentioned, I edited the existing Wraparound map.
Firstly I must say whoever made it paid attention to very minute details in the trailer,
and recreated it fairly accurately.

They did seem to miss one thing though.
Several times in the clips, it shows Spartans jumping in from the sides of the map, as if launched or thrusting.
I decided this must have come from a man cannon on a lower level, which I forged in there with a few extra weapons.
These are:
•Gravity Hammer
•Plasma Rifles
•Plasma Pistol
•Plasma Launcher to replace Rocket Launcher

As for the lighting;
Nova was way too bright, even for a solar facility, so through trial and error I combined 4 special fx to create as close as possible to the Halo 4 look.

I also fixed some aesthetics, including the giant floating thing in the background.
Updated version should be on my Fileshare soon (after beta-testing is complete).

> As Killergrunt1337 mentioned, I edited the existing Wraparound map.
> Firstly I must say whoever made it paid attention to very minute details in the trailer,
> and recreated it fairly accurately.
>
> They did seem to miss one thing though.
> Several times in the clips, it shows Spartans jumping in from the sides of the map, as if launched or thrusting.
> I decided this must have come from a man cannon on a lower level, which I forged in there with a few extra weapons.
> These are:
> •Gravity Hammer
> •Plasma Rifles
> •Plasma Pistol
> •Plasma Launcher to replace Rocket Launcher
>
> As for the lighting;
> Nova was way too bright, even for a solar facility, so through trial and error I combined 4 special fx to create as close as possible to the Halo 4 look.
>
> I also fixed some aesthetics, including the giant floating thing in the background.
> Updated version should be on my Fileshare soon (after beta-testing is complete).

Nice. I’ll check it tomorrow.

Maybe we should try out Warhouse?

Warhouse is simple Countdown with Anchor 9 graphic style.
Go ahead and forge that Sabre into a Mech and you’re done.

Making it from scratch…
Possible, though overly complicated and wouldnt not look
quite as human with all the Forerunner forge tools.

> Warhouse is simple Countdown with Anchor 9 graphic style.
> Go ahead and forge that Sabre into a Mech and you’re done.
>
> Making it from scratch…
> Possible, though overly complicated and wouldnt not look
> quite as human with all the Forerunner forge tools.

Yeah, I know… I guess I’m just out of ideas for forge :frowning:

FINISHED!!

File is up on my fileshare, download here
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=27491294&player=Quantum%20Tobias

Search Halo 4 Slayer for the gametype
Tell me what you guys think, and feel free to change gametype physics as I havent had a chance to edit them yet.

Perhaps we can round up some people and play a game on it?

I’d be willing to play.

Great
Now we just need a couple more people and we got a game

Hey can I join in GT is dark silver89 like this

Sure!
Ok so we’re gonna create the game right now
Just request either of us and we’ll add you to it
We’re gonna wait a bit till an adequate amount of people join

Starting a game on the map right now

You have a few minutes to join
simply reply in the thread or request either of us

BUT HURRY

> Oh i meant that my friend added to the wraparound map that was forged by someone else
>
> This one
> http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=27344815&player=Francis

I made that map. It’s also the same map I used to make the Wraparound screenshot that made “Screenshot of the Day” here on Waypoint and Facebook. I did study the crap out of the “First Look” video to make that map. The version in the link was made from the map I started.

A guy named Francis was really eager to make a youtube video of it for his channel, so I let him have my unfinished copy of it, so he could finish his own version for the video. My intentions were to make an exact replica of Wraparound. I had to hault the construction of the map until 343 released more gameplay videos.

I still like the idea of working with a team of forgers to make a community interpretation of Wraparound for all of us to enjoy, so count me in if you want my help. There’s quite a few things I had in mind for the map that I think the real version has in it.

My friends list is full, but if you send me a message, I’ll try to boot someone and add you.

GT: Larry Tanng

I’ll play