Lets reminisce on our best split screen memories

I’ve been quite passionate about the dropping of campaign split screen co-op, and to a lesser degree 4 player splitscreen. But after reading the posts I’ve noticed alot of us have really fond memories and stories of playing the games in this series together on the same TV. So all you people that will dearly miss this feature, rather than complaining about this feature lets share some stories.

My first halo experience was with a friend I hadn’t seen in a few years (he actually worked for my father a few years prior). We bumped into each other on the street and decided to catch up and have a few drinks. We ended up playing halo CE on his tiny wee 21" crt tv. We had a great old time and we were up till the suncame out the next morning, both rotten drunk and struggling on the last warthog sprint on the maw. Drinking and driving a warthog was a disaster :slight_smile: I remember on the monitor level walking down the corridors finding it hilarious one-hit killing him on the back of the head over and over and over again as he respawned.

It was over halo, on this 21" tv that we became best friends. He was best man at my wedding and vice versa, I even warned his wife in my best man speech that his xbox and halo was unconditional baggage she would have to live with.

I loved it with the MCC repeating that experience with my wife, although i had to sleep on the couch after one hit killing her time and time again in halo anniversary. She is now in love with the story and lore, listening to the hunt the truth episodes each week until now.

No. It’s in the past. Stop making such a big deal about it.

The first time my wife and I played (halo 3). She was much more in to it than I was. Since 343 took over she wants nothing to do with the game.

I recently had 3 of my close friends move away for new careers. Knowing that they would all be leaving within 1 month of each other we decided to have one last halo night hurrah. 14 people showed up total, and after midnight slowly people began to leave until there were only 6 of us closest friends (including the ones who were moving away) left. Because we only had 2 xboxes left at this point, we played 4 on a projector and 2 on a seperate TV. We continued to play until about close to sunrise. At some point we were playing the paintball game mode. We were all hopped up on caffeine and reached that point when you get so tired that everything becomes funny. I can’t remember what we started laughing about originally, but each of us were trying to play in a fit of laughter. It was in this moment that I was able to look around at my friends and take in the moment. Sucks they had to move away, and I know it sounds overly sentimental, but I cherish that moment of laughter over split screen Halo.

> 2533274808782920;1:
> I’ve been quite passionate about the dropping of campaign split screen co-op, and to a lesser degree 4 player splitscreen. But after reading the posts I’ve noticed alot of us have really fond memories and stories of playing the games in this series together on the same TV. So all you people that will dearly miss this feature, rather than complaining about this feature lets share some stories.
>
> My first halo experience was with a friend I hadn’t seen in a few years (he actually worked for my father a few years prior). We bumped into each other on the street and decided to catch up and have a few drinks. We ended up playing halo CE on his tiny wee 21" crt tv. We had a great old time and we were up till the suncame out the next morning, both rotten drunk and struggling on the last warthog sprint on the maw. Drinking and driving a warthog was a disaster :slight_smile: I remember on the monitor level walking down the corridors finding it hilarious one-hit killing him on the back of the head over and over and over again as he respawned.
>
> It was over halo, on this 21" tv that we became best friends. He was best man at my wedding and vice versa, I even warned his wife in my best man speech that his xbox and halo was unconditional baggage she would have to live with.
>
> I loved it with the MCC repeating that experience with my wife, although i had to sleep on the couch after one hit killing her time and time again in halo anniversary. She is now in love with the story and lore, listening to the hunt the truth episodes each week until now.

Great thread btw. Don’t listen to the haters.

Tons of screen cheating and eye strain.

> 2533274938678576;2:
> No. It’s in the past. Stop making such a big deal about it.

So playing halo mcc 4 player split screen is in the past? Oh man I must be a time traveler. I still use split screen for multiplayer and Co op
Quite often too

Also I find it ridiculous that huge tvs exist and are affordable split screen now makes perfect sense and they are taking it away.

Backing out of matchmaking lobbies because no one wants to play with split screeners on their team. Ah, memories.

> 2533274800913490;7:
> > 2533274938678576;2:
> > No. It’s in the past. Stop making such a big deal about it.
>
>
> So playing halo mcc 4 player split screen is in the past? Oh man I must be a time traveler. I still use split screen for multiplayer and Co op
> Quite often too
>
> Also I find it ridiculous that huge tvs exist and are affordable split screen now makes perfect sense and they are taking it away.

Please don’t make this thread about your opinions of splitscreen. There is a separate thread for that. Just tell your best memories. If you don’t have any that’s fine, just don’t ruin the party for everyone else.

Last time I played split screen was in Iraq. And only because we didn’t have the space to add 2 more tvs and Xbox’s in thr CPT’s room

There were no good moments playing splitscreen. Just a hella lot of screen watching and awful teammates crowding a team. In short I will not miss it.

trying to get my dad to play through the first level of halo 2 with me before his stupid new wife beckoned him. Then sitting there waiting for 40 minutes, then trying to play with two controllers.