Lets not forget who wrote Halo 5

I’m not going to name this person specifically, but I find it rather coincidental that Halo 5, which has been getting quite a lot of criticism on its campaign, has a different writer than the one that wrote Halo 4 (which was well received). This new writer also happens to be the same person that wrote both the story for Halo 4’s Spartan Ops and The Next 72 Hours story arc in Escalation, both of which were widely regarded as not up to par.

I honestly feel that 343i choose the wrong writer for Halo 5 and now I feel like Halo’s story is taking a very weird sidestep that will most likely alienate a lot of lore fans.

Eh. I liked the guy’s work. Your mileage may vary.

> 2533274960346744;2:
> Eh. I liked the guy’s work. Your mileage may vary.

Did you just admit you liked Spartan Ops?

Bruh.

[deleted]

> 2533274908722615;3:
> > 2533274960346744;2:
> > Eh. I liked the guy’s work. Your mileage may vary.
>
>
> Did you just admit you liked Spartan Ops?
>
> Bruh.

Spartan Ops wasn’t bad. The characterization and dialogue were my only real gripes with it but overall it’s a decent popcorn series.

> 2533274850524527;1:
> I’m not going to name this person specifically, but I find it rather coincidental that Halo 5, which has been getting quite a lot of criticism on its campaign, has a different writer than the one that wrote Halo 4 (which was well received). This new writer also happens to be the same person that wrote both the story for Halo 4’s Spartan Ops and The Next 72 Hours story arc in Escalation, both of which were widely regarded as not up to par.
>
> I honestly feel that 343i choose the wrong writer for Halo 5 and now I feel like Halo’s story is taking a very weird sidestep that will most likely alienate a lot of lore fans.

who wrote it?

> 2533274908722615;3:
> > 2533274960346744;2:
> > Eh. I liked the guy’s work. Your mileage may vary.
>
>
> Did you just admit you liked Spartan Ops?
>
> Bruh.

Yes.

I’m an admitted FOTUS fan. I’m not afraid of Internet scorn. :slight_smile:

> 2533274812240562;5:
> > 2533274908722615;3:
> > > 2533274960346744;2:
> > > Eh. I liked the guy’s work. Your mileage may vary.
> >
> >
> > Did you just admit you liked Spartan Ops?
> >
> > Bruh.
>
>
> Spartan Ops wasn’t bad. The characterization and dialogue were my only real gripes with it but overall it’s a decent popcorn series.

Bingo

Ever since this person started writing stories for Halo, I’ve been seeing plenty of complaints. It baffles me that they’d let him write for a main installment when the community was, from what I recall, giving him a lukewarm reception.

Yeah the Spartan Ops gameplay was repetitive and tedious, however I did enjoy watching the episodes.

I like the writer, i’m ok with it.

I didn’t think SpOps was too bad. It suffered the greatest by having repetitious levels. The dialogue could have been improved, and to a degree it was in the later half. I’ve actually enjoyed what I’ve seen of Halo 5’s campaign.

The only thing good about spartan ops was… wait, no… how about? wait, not that… … … …

Nothing! Absolutely nothing, worst part is that you needed live to play it.

no game writer will ever stack up to joe. he was halo’s heart. but that doesnt mean this guy is horrible. ANYONE they got to write halo after joe stopped would be criticized. enjoy it for what it is, or dont but either way dont get yourself all worked up about it.

> 2535435166399524;4:
> > 2533274908722615;3:
> > > 2533274960346744;2:
> > > Eh. I liked the guy’s work. Your mileage may vary.
> >
> >
> > Did you just admit you liked Spartan Ops?
> >
> > Bruh.
>
>
> Spartan ops story wasn’t bad. What was bad was that they re used levels instead of making new ones.

Yes and that was the only bad thing. The rest of it is fine, This writer is pretty good.

> 2533274813912897;9:
> Ever since this person started writing stories for Halo, I’ve been seeing plenty of complaints. It baffles me that they’d let him write for a main installment when the community was, from what I recall, giving him a lukewarm reception.

Honestly, I don’t think his writing style matches Halo that well. I think because of his background on working with Marvel, he’s more used to writing more complicated superhero type stuff.

Watching Halo 5’s story just made me miss Chris Schlerf and is phenomenal work on Halo 4. I just hope he’ll now do a good job with Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Choosing [REDACTED] as Halo 5’s lead writer was a serious misstep on 343’s behalf, especially after the lukewarm reception of Spartan Ops and “The Next 72 Hours”. They should have served as a warning.