Lets make Halo Infinite great, heck lets shot for prefect. Poll Included

Halo Infinite has come a long ways since launch. We have seen changes and there are signs that 343 are listening to us. There has been improvements. However the still has a lot of work before it is great. To make it great the following needs to happen. In this post I will manly go over things to change/fix in multiplayer. Though a couple will also affect the campaign. I have added a poll after each one.

More game modes.
We need the modes that have made Halo great. We need for PvP Grifball, Infection, Swords and shotty, Invasion.

• Infection
  • Invasion
  • Grifball
  • Swords and Shotty
  • All of Above
  • Neutral

0 voters

We also need more PvE modes. I love to see firefight and/or Warzone return. For warzone I would like to see a warzone type that is like Invasion/firefight that take place in areas of the campaign. Where we either defend or attack two to three banish outpost. We would have the FOBs, where we can call in vehicles and weaponry. FOBs when players attack the outpost will belong to the players and will also be attacked randomly. When the players are on the defense the FOBs will be controlled by the AI. And just like how it works out in the campaign there will objects and when center objects are met enemy reinforcements will drop in via drop pods, and/or dropped of by phantoms. It must be 12 players at the very least. Right now I would call this mode Warzone Outpost. Post a comment for what you think it should be called.

• Firefight
  • Warzone
  • Warzone Outpost
  • All three
  • Keep as is
  • Neutral

0 voters

I also think a Spartan Ops would be great for Halo Infinite. Our Multiplayer Spartan has already been put into the Halo universe, so why not give us Spartan Ops levels. I not saying give us cutscene like in the Halo 4 Spartan Ops. Just give us a maps stories like they did in Spartan Ops. Give us an objective and Banish to fight. What do you all think?

• Yes
  • No
  • Neutral

0 voters

For Spartan Ops should they use Multiplayer maps or campaign? Or make new maps?

• Multiplayer maps
  • Campaign map
  • Create maps from sections of the Campaign
  • Create new maps all together
  • All of above
  • Multiplayer maps, Campaign map, Create maps from sections of the Campaign
  • Multiplayer maps, Campaign map
  • Campaign map, create maps from sections of the Campaign

0 voters

Along with these modes we need the ability to choose which mode we want to play. I like the direction they are going. However BTB needs more selection.

• Yes
  • Keep as is
  • Neutral

0 voters

I also think BTB needs more modes, examples like Oddball, sniper shotty.

• Yes
  • Keep as is
  • Neutral

0 voters

I would also like to see more Bot Bootcamp selection. Such as Bot Bootcamp Slayer, Bot Bootcamp Objective. Just having the one option makes it difficult to get some of those modes that you need to complete a challenge.

• Yes
  • Neutral
  • Keep as is

0 voters

Armor customization.
I am glad they have announced that they are working on things for the armor cores. As well as the newly addition of visor being across all cores. It has been awesome and I love how some of the visors look on other cores. This is great progress and stepping point. That said to make it great they need to gives us full control on the color scheme as well. This reddit post is the prefect solution. https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/qxyw94/a_compromise_that_works_for_everyone/
Do you agree?

• Yes
  • Neutral
  • Keep as is

0 voters

If 343 wants money, they can have us buy patterns to add to our armor. Patterns could cover the armor or the helmet or visor or combat skin. Or all of these or combination of these. Though I would like the ability to grin for them as well.

• Earn and buy patterns
  • Buy patterns
  • Earn patterns
  • Neutral

0 voters

343 should also included previous Halo games emblems. My own favorite emblem Rune has been dearly missed. As well as giving us full control of the color scheme.

• Yes full control of color
  • Neutral
  • Keep as is
  • Yes no control of color

0 voters

With the announcement for the cross core, I hope we will also get the choice of chest armor, arms, legs added. I was really hope at launch we would have Reach’s system of customization. Which system do you prefer.

• Halo Reach
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 4(Xbox 360)
  • Halo 5
  • Halo Infinite

0 voters

I also would love to see us being able to grind to get armor pieces. They way we would do this is by going into the Armor Hall and selecting the piece we want. The info to get it through grinned would be in a tab on the top of the screen, like they have attachments for the helmets. Also if 343/Microsoft wants to make more money they could lets those who don’t want to grind can buy them. I would say the grinding and buy them would only happen after they been in the store. Also they should still pop up in the store once in a while. When they do they will cost less in the store than in the Armor Hall.

• Yes
  • Keep as is
  • Neutral

0 voters

Store
I believe we should have more options in the store. The main page should stay the same, but have another catalogue like they do for the HCS. This page will also have different catalogues, such has bundles, sale, weapon skins, armor, vehicles. I would say either have the items in this store change out every week or every month. This part of the store will have past bundles and will have the individual items of the current bundles and past bundles. Along with that a number of past items will be there as well. If they choose to do every month, they would either not have the weekly bundle items there, or would just changes those out. Note: Thanks AlienatedPoet17 for the suggestion.

• Yes, change every week
  • Yes, change every month
  • Keep as is
  • Yes, change every month but weekly main store bundles items changing every week

0 voters

Challenges.
The current challenges they have are good. However, I believe that none shouldn’t be limited to PvP. All challenges should be available to complete in Bot Bootcamp and any future PvE modes. There are a few, but having all challenges available to complete whether you play PvE or PvP. If not all then we need more challenges available to complete in PvE. This includes the mods challenges as well. We should be able to get progress on the mods tied challenges in Bot Bootcamp.

• No game mode specific challenges
  • All challenges with no PvE or PvP restrictions
  • More challenges for PvE(Bot Bootcamp)
  • All of Above
  • Neutral
  • Keep as is

0 voters

We need the ability to see progress during a match on our challenges. I am glad we can see what challenges we have and from the August drop pod it sounds like we will get current progress in the future. I also think we should be able to pull up the app or go to the website and see our progress during a match.

• In game pause menu
  • App
  • Website
  • Mobile Website
  • All of the above
  • Neutral
  • Keep as is

0 voters

Then there are the Ultimate Challenges. I believe we should be able to pick whether or not to do the current one or try for a previous one. I know there are ones in the past I would love to get, but I was either far too busy with work, had family emergency or was on vacation and couldn’t earn said reward. And to make it fair, you are only allowed to work on one that whole week. So no take backs or working on multiple ones in one week.

• Allow to pick from current or past ultimate Challenge
  • Keep as is
  • Neutral
  • Once a month every 4 months bring back a previous Ultimate challenge
  • Once a month bring back a previous Ultimate challenge

0 voters

Also they could give us a Monthly Challenge, and/or Daily Challenges, and/or Weekly Challenges for Campaign. I would also like to see an Ultimate Challenge for campaign. This will get more gamers to get the campaign. Which can only help 343.

• Monthly Challenges
  • Weekly Challenges
  • Daily Challenges
  • Ultimate Challenges
  • All of Above
  • None

0 voters

Credits
I have never been a fan of buying in game credits to get customization items, unless there was a way to earn it while playing the game. In my opinion we should get credits completing set number of challenges, or at the very least when completing the Ultimate Challenge. Also they could give us give us credits for completing Monthly Challenge, and/or Daily Challenges, and/or Weekly Challenges, and/or Ultimate Challenges in Campaign.

• Earn credits for completing a number of challenges.
  • Earn credits for completing the Ultimate challenge.
  • Give campaign challenges and earn credits for completing said challenges
  • All of above
  • Keep as is
  • Neutral

0 voters

If they don’t add a way to grind for credits, the free battle pass should give some credits and the premium battle pass should give more. Free pass should give us enough to cover the cost of the premium battle pass. The premium battle pass should give is enough to cover the cost of the premium battle pass and to get two bundles from the store.

• Yes
  • Keep as is
  • Neutral

0 voters

Events.
I have liked the events and the cores that have come with it. That said, I haven’t been able to put in enough game time to complete the large level events. I also know a few people who didn’t have access to any of the Xbox one series, or Xbox series x or s, at the time of the events. I would like to have those come back. It doesn’t need to happen every month, but at least once for a week every 3 to 4 months. From the last couple of months there have been weeks were we don’t have a event so it is not like they do have open windows.

• Yes
  • No
  • Neutral

0 voters

If these changes are made, I am sure Halo can be what many thought we would get at least for the Multiplayer part. If you agree, please fill the polls out and let your friends know about the post. With the changes coming it been clear that 343 is at least in a small degree are listening to us. I am a firm believe that by giving options they will listen more and make the changes. So make sure to spread the word so we can get high numbers of players visiting this post and doing the poll.

Also help keep this post active by commenting and visit it daily. I plan on make poll post shortly after each drop pod. So if there is something you want to be added to poll let me know in the comments below. I will then add them in a later post. Which I will give you credit for by saying that so and so ect. See you Spartans on the battlefield.

1 Like

I was confused about the store question. I’m fine with the weekly store for new stuff or bundles put on sale, but if there is going to be another screen, it needs to be a catalogue. You should be able to buy older bundles and individual items from those bundles there.

2 Likes

Sorry for the confusion, but yeah it needs a catalogue. Also I was going for items even the ones in the bundles be sold separately, mainly due to the fact I have seen some bundles that I and others have mentioned this, that there is only one item in that bundle. That said you are right it should also have the bundles. I will have that in the next poll. And hopefully I have correct it in this poll. Thank AlienatedPoet17.

I am more interested in PvE modes. I want Firefight to return. And that is it I guess.

1 Like

A couple things, you say grin a lot when you mean grind. And personally i don’t want a credit system for armors, or at least not just a credit system. H3 had the best armor system to date: specific unchanging challenges that unlock armor. This allowed for very difficult challenges that unlocked armor like Recon or Hayabusa (H5 had Helioskrill) and it wasn’t just a time grind which is all credits are. I want an armor set that is so difficult to get most people won’t get it (there is a good chance i won’t get it as i was never able to get Recon) but it allows people to strive for something and show off if they actually get it.

1 Like

Thanks for catching that spelling error. I honestly don’t like credit systems, but I do know that many people do. Which is why I went for the middle ground. Having both options.

1 Like

What needs to happen and what will actually happen are 2 totally different things.

343 knows what they need to do to improve the game, the thing is, they don’t want to. If they actually wanted the communities feedback they wouldn’t have ignored the community while infinite was being designed to fit only their needs and wants.

So when players say “343 is listening to us”, that is actually a false statement. It’s more along the lines of, lets make small petty changed that really doesn’t do jack to improve the game to put them at ease so hopefully the community will ignore that we don’t/won’t make any significant improvements.

2 Likes

At the end of post i did say 343 is at least in a small degree listening to us. Yes as you say they are making small change. However I would say these small changes have been happening steadily. So I say they are listening

Halo Infinite will never be great or perfect. It will always be a shadow of it’s previous releases due to the progression systems being gutted from the game and cut into pieces purely to be sold back to the players in the store. Sure, they’ll stuff it full of game types in another year or so, but even after all the gametypes added recently, Battle Passes and Events/Challenges just aren’t enough to keep this game properly populated.

343 finally kept familiar gameplay from one of their previous titles, but ended up changing other things that still had detrimental effects on the game overall. 343 just doesn’t understand Halo. Until that gets fixed nothing will ever improve with this franchise.

1 Like

Which is why I do this poll. The jobs I’ve had and my military career and how many times I work with and along upper management. I can tell ypu numbers do speak. All these post talking about what we fans want isba great start. However polls give a better idea what fans want. Cause there are many who visit the forums. However, very view of visitors comment. There may be 9 comments on this post, but majority is me and there have been 10 voters. With 96 views. That is a low number of people giving their opinions. Which is why there is little change happening. If fans want change then they should comment, they should complete the polls. Heck leaving a comment as simple as “I agree” or “I disagree” is better than nothing. And I hope fans see you comment cause you are right, and wish everyone would leave a comment. People that leave a comment mean they have hopes, though there are those like you almost have no hope. But you still give your opinion and I bet you still hope and wish that 343 will listening and do right by fans. Thanks kkolossal for your comment and being active in the community.

2 Likes

Oh I agree with you, unfortunately Halo Infinite came out of its launch and burned up pretty quickly after lift off. Now, 343 is playing catch up, fixing previous and new mistakes along the way, and the players are stuck waiting for them to finish the game. This has always been 343’s problem.

I basically selected “All of the above” in nearly every poll you made. The only Polls I remained neutral on were when it came to Bot Bootcamp. This just tells me Infinite still needs a lot of work. In the mean time, while 343 slow burns this whole process, as they have done for every Halo title they have created, I’ll pop on occasionally to get my Halo fix here and there but then I’ll go play other things since there isn’t much in Infinite keeping me attached or invested in playing anymore. I wish I could like the store part of Halo, but I just don’t and somehow I feel like I’m missing out on pieces of the multiplayer by not interacting with the store in some way.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not you, it’s just we’ve all been down this road at one point of another, but for me it’s been way too many times that I’m fed up with these multibillion-dollar business taking advantage of their player base for selfish reasons. IMO it’s way over due for this business to start being adults instead of playing the child games they have been playing with the player base.

I see right through them and it’s why I stopped playing infinite. They need to man up and give us what they promised over the last 6 years prior to infinite being released because it’s beyond stupid that it’s 7 years later and this is where infinite is, in the worst state any Halo game has ever been in terms of it structure among other things.

Nothing personal, but adjusting small petty things that don’t really improve the experience playing the game isn’t cutting it anymore. They are supposed to be a AAA gaming business that is acting like amateurs.

1 Like

Yes, they are playing catch. In all honesty they should have had at least three more flights./betas. Should have waited at least six months before releasing the game. And you aren’t the only one getting burned out because of the catch up 343 is doing. This game would have been so much better if they had delayed it another six months to a year and they had done a a lot more flights/betas. The store is crap and it does make you feel like you are missing out on pieces. Which is why I think they should have a larger store but also tells us how to grind for it. Sort of a separate challenge systems you know, or commendations system.

Yeah, too many games use this approach. 343 should have done more flights/betas for at least six months if not a year. That would keep us fans happy and IMO content. Yes, these small adjustments and changes are improving the game fast enough, or it doesn’t feel like it is. They did fail to keep promises. Heck I am still waiting on Co-Op. Was glad to play the flight, but that should have been a flight before the game launched. Right now I feel this a an open preview game more than anything else. And as you said it players have experience this far too much. which is not helping the game. 343 has not learn from the last couple of games. Things that should be there aren’t. There are modes that should be on the day of launch not sometime in the near or far future. In one way the polls I do, as in my way in say I told you so to 343.