Lets make a list of things that piss you off

Title says it all, halo 4 is a great game and after beating it I can’t wait for a halo 5 BUT there are so many flaws in this game that I was so pissed off about that I actualy felt the need to post on a forum.

1.The music ESPECIALY the title screen music with that india girl singing india crap, what the hell happened to the old orchestra music, the old orchestra intro?
it was so amazing and innovative and now you put this anoying gives me a headache indian girl in charge of singing.

2.NOT being able to turn off the crappy music you put into halo 4, I go to setttings in audio and there is no turn off music option. what game ever made didnt have that feature, almost like they are forcing you to listen to the most horrible orchestrated music ever made by an indian girl. or shes from egypt you know what I dont care, it just sounds middle eastern to me and I hate it.

3.WHY YOU DONT PUT FLOOD INTO STORYLINE? seriously what made halo 1-3 so popular and fun in my opinion was the fact that there was an alien zombie threat. first halos it came to me as a suprise, then we teamed up with the aliens to defeat the flood. I’m pretty sure we all thought at the ending of halo 3 we were just going to see humanity team up with the aliens to fully exctinct all the flood using the halo rings and finding them all.

4.based off number 3, putting the promothean race into the storyline without giving us any idea of “hey did we find other halo rings? what did we do with them, are we going to use them? how are we going to destroy the flood?”

6.based off other FPS games, different weapons usualy have slightly higher firing rate, more damage and recoil, less recoil more accuracy, etc. why does it feel like all the weapons in the game feel the same. like its more of a matter of do I want to use human assault rifle or promothean assault rifle. hmm I think ill go with the one that looks cooler! why cant weapons have stats so we know wich ones are best suited to our gameplay instead of auto locking promethean weaponry cause it shoots lazers and everyone knows advanced alien weaponry is the best weaponry in the game?

7.mechs? who on this planet knew and predicted mechs would be in halo 4? You know from halo 1-3 all I ever cared about was “oh man when am i going to be able to drive a covenant tank!” and “can we finally use covenant plasma rocket launchers?”
you know like the features that were all ready in the game were just fine for us as long as they were unlocked. its great we get to fly a pelican in the campaign mode but seriously who cares if we put mechs in the game. it adds crap to the multiplayer and makes me feel like I can never relate halo to a real life future fantasy as I get involved in the story because in real life you know for a fact that robot would never exist unless it was remote controled and even then the designs are so flawed and the costs are so great that it wouldnt be worth the research.

SPOILER ALERT FROM HERE DOWN

8.why did I pull a nuke the size of a football out of a large rocket that required a ship to haul it around. why does it fit on my belt? why couldnt I get more nukes then and just have like 4 stacks so I could just throw them all around the last boss and say GOOD LUCK DEFUSING ALL THOSE WHILE I DISTRACT YOU!
honestly I was expecting like a big finish, rocket was sent into his chamber or some -Yoink- and his precious weapon would explode. I would have been happy then even if you made it so that the promethean still lived through it somehow and still forced this epic battle between him and me. but a small nuke that I have to deliver by hand what is this for?

All in all I just feel like you took halo 3 and completely made a whole new series. this shouldnt be called halo, it should be like masterchiefs adventures after the flood was defeated…even though we never bothered to continue the story off halo 3 and let you know what happened.

Any chance you’re just looking for things to not like? I’ve played all day and haven’t once got mad.

1. The user interface, especially in matchmaking. In general the interface is much bigger than it needs to be, but actual matchmaking lobbies I can’t stand. Listing players horizontally is just silly. What’s worse is I really can’t see any reason for these changes; it doesn’t take a genius to see they are a step down from Reach’s pretty good UI, so it comes across as change for the sake of being different and nothing else.

2. Join in progress. Atrociously implemented and painfully unavoidable. I’d have no problem with it if it were only in social playlists, but we have no alternative to social playlists. Starting games without a full lobby, games starting unevenly, joining games that are almost over, joining games where you’re getting spawnkilled.

3. Playlists. Poor selection and poorly structured; the previous system worked better, with things like Team Doubles, Team Slayer, Team Objective, BTB, etc etc.

4. Lack of incentive to win. Win bonuses are what, 200 xp?

5. THE USER INTERFACE. Seriously, it’s absolutely awful.

Ive had a headache all day long from listening to this girls voice, and it only gets worse knowing I cant turn her off and I dont want to mute my tv because I still wanted to ENJOY MY FULL HALO EXPERIENCE.

The kill cam!!!

User Interface is awful I agree. I don’t understand how you can get from the Reach UI (which was awesome) to something this bad so quickly.

Spartan Ops is also crushingly boring. Firefight but without the fun and escalation.

> User Interface is awful I agree. I don’t understand how you can get from the Reach UI (which was awesome) to something this bad so quickly.
>
> Spartan Ops is also crushingly boring. Firefight but without the fun and escalation.

Spartan Ops is a huge let down; I know we’ve only seen a little so far, but I can’t shake off this feeling that every little bit of time and effort put into Spartan Ops would have been much better spent elsewhere, perhaps developing more MP maps, extra campaign missions or maybe even fixing the horrid UI. It’s cool they want to try new things but it really does seem to have resulted in nothing more than wasted resources.

Any story that gets told through Spartan Ops would probably be better told through other means too, like through a novel (or a few novels) or through a simple campaign expansion pack.

No local only search options.

I could go through the whole game, but this is the deal breaker.

I like all the things you hate…

I play H4 in inverted mode,someone forgot about the banshie,cant keep the nose off the ground,im totaly screwed…grrrr.

Zedtroy…

1. No Race
  2. No visible skill rank
  3. No fine editing in forge

The HUD in campaign is distracting.

Campaign music is generically forgettable and waaay too loud.

Most enemies levels within types are mostly indistinguishable from each other (ie, types of elites). Grunts look almost cartoonish.

Weapon sound effects remind me of Halo CE. That is not a compliment.

No campaign scoring? WTF? This has been standard halo since ODST.

All these problems make me think that 343 rushed this -Yoink- out the door before it was ready.

No search by region available in matchmaking. Every game I play is high latency and it’s impossible to play a decent game.

Its that for everyone, The servers are stressed at this time give it a few days and it should be fine.

LIST OF THINGS I DISLIKE:

1. No Custom Powerups
  2. No Infection
  3. No Race/Rally
  4. No Invasion
  5. No option for splatter/impact damage
  6. Don’t spawn with weapons as flood
  7. No way to make forging host only or choose wjho can edit
  8. Player trait zones are limited to 4 different types
  9. Same crappy budget system as reach
  10. Can’t go to someones fileshare in game or in matchmaking lobby
  11. The UI IS TERRIBLE
  12. There are no audio or screen settings so my image is messed up
  13. Firefight is gone
  14. Where is SWAT?
  15. No online campaign matchmaking
  16. STILL NO CUSTOM GAMES SEARCHING REALLY???
  17. Only 1 new vehicle
  18. Forge world maps are really small.
  19. No more campaign scoring
  20. No KOTH
  21. No Stockpile
  22. No Insane
  23. No Assault
  24. No Juggernaut
    These are to name a few issues I am having with the game… personally I wouldn’t buy it if you haven’t already.

> All these problems make me think that 343 rushed this Yoink! out the door before it was ready.

The amount of glitches there are and the lack of polish in areas like UI have given me this impression.

I found the story to exceed expectations, but everything else has either disappointed or been as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I don’t know why it bothered me so much, I guess it’s just that 343i stressed it way too much maybe.

The relationship between chief and cortana felt so ridiculously forced. As with how much dialogue chief had. He could have toned it down a bit.

I don’t know. It seems more than half are glad that Flood is not in Halo 4.

> The HUD in campaign is distracting.
>
> Campaign music is generically forgettable and waaay too loud.
>
> Most enemies levels within types are mostly indistinguishable from each other (ie, types of elites). Grunts look almost cartoonish.
>
> Weapon sound effects remind me of Halo CE. That is not a compliment.
>
> No campaign scoring? WTF? This has been standard halo since ODST.
>
>
> All these problems make me think that 343 rushed this Yoink! out the door before it was ready.

Really? That’s odd . . . I could barely hear the Campaign music when I was playing. And even when I did I liked the scores. In my opinion, the weapons sound amazing. The Assault Rifle finally sounds like it should (nice, loud, intimidating), the DMR sounds a lot better than it did in Reach, idk, two different opinions I guess.

And to Radical 1924 above, really? No Infection? What do you think Flood is? I don’t want to sound mean, but infection (which I personally didn’t even care for in previous games) has it’s own playlist now, complete with special HUD elements and sound effects, that is infection. SWAT will come later, confirmed by 343.

And I really don’t mind the new UI. Scrolling side to side is just like up and down to me, makes no real difference in my eyes, or my friends who I’ve been playing with all day. The only real annoyance, in my opinion, is the fact that it takes so long to update your stats. I played over a dozen games today, 9 have showed up on my Service Record . . . same thing on Waypoints website.