Lets go over the GOOD things

Well, everybody has gotten themselves in a fury over the things they dislike about the Game Informer article, lets look at some some of the positives.

-The graphics look fantastic

-The campaign sounds like its going to be bringing back that mysterious feeling from Halo: CE

-C0mpletely new enemies and sandbox

-Spartan Ops looks fantastic

-Joining mid game is now possible, this has been a huge issue with a lot of people, good to see them addressing it

-Background story for spartans, the Infinity idea is pretty cool, can’t wait to see how they expand it. Does anybody remember the Spartan Barracks thread back on the Halo:Reach forum at Bungie.net? That’s how i envision the Infinity being like.

-New armor customization

-Multiplayer maps made to bring back frantic, fast paced gameplay

Anyways, thats all I have for now, just keep in mind people that it is a new trilogy so its going to go in a new direction. I love everything thats been announced except for the loss of elites in multiplayer and firefight but overall, i think Halo 4 is going to blow us away.

P.S.- Does anybody know what an assault carbine is? I know its not the halo 3 covenant carbine because thats included right after that. SMG maybe? The quote is “we saw weapons that including the assault rifle, battle rifle, DMR, assault carbine, Covenant carbine, shotgun, rocket launcher, sniper rifle, magnum, and plasma pistol.”

1. None
  2. See #1

Well, ummmmmmmmmm… the graphics look good and there’s a new campaign.
I think that’s about it.

BR is back :smiley:

everything else = -Yoink!-

No possibility for ranked playlists. Wait… that’s not good.

1. Campaign

Everything in the OP is either a bad thing, irrelevent, a meaningless quote from 343 with no proof to back it up, or OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHINY GRAPHICS!!!ONE

> No possibility for ranked playlists. Wait… that’s not good.

? Where did you get that from?

> Well, everybody has gotten themselves in a fury over the things they dislike about the Game Informer article, lets look at some some of the positives.
>
> -The graphics look fantastic
>
> -The campaign sounds like its going to be bringing back that mysterious feeling from Halo: CE
>
> -C0mpletely new enemies and sandbox
>
> -Spartan Ops looks fantastic
>
> -Joining mid game is now possible, this has been a huge issue with a lot of people, good to see them addressing it
>
> -Background story for spartans, the Infinity idea is pretty cool, can’t wait to see how they expand it. Does anybody remember the Spartan Barracks thread back on the Halo:Reach forum at Bungie.net? That’s how i envision the Infinity being like.
>
> -New armor customization
>
> -Multiplayer maps made to bring back frantic, fast paced gameplay
>
> Anyways, thats all I have for now, just keep in mind people that it is a new trilogy so its going to go in a new direction. I love everything thats been announced except for the loss of elites in multiplayer and firefight but overall, i think Halo 4 is going to blow us away.
>
> P.S.- Does anybody know what an assault carbine is? I know its not the halo 3 covenant carbine because thats included right after that. SMG maybe? The quote is “we saw weapons that including the assault rifle, battle rifle, DMR, assault carbine, Covenant carbine, shotgun, rocket launcher, sniper rifle, magnum, and plasma pistol.”

The assault carbine will probably be the MA5K from Ghosts of Onyx. It’s a carbine the S-III’s used.

Graphics- I could honestly give two -Yoink- less about them, they do not make or break a game. Only casuals care about them. I can easily have fun playing Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega, doesn’t have good graphics, but great gameplay.

Campaign-Haven’t read that much on it.

Enemies and sandbox- Enemies, sure. Sandbox, why make a new one.

Spartan Ops- I’m indifferent on

Armor- I’m not big into, but it’s been around.

The maps- Will not bring back fast pace gaming. With sprint being standard, it’ll be a runaway fest/rush with short-ranged weapon

The good things?

OK.

Maybe my wife is happy that I will have more time for her,
because I lost my interest in the Halo Universe and maybe sell my Xbox360.

> Everything in the OP is either a bad thing, irrelevent, a meaningless quote from 343 with no proof to back it up, or OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHINY GRAPHICS!!!ONE[/quote
> So, new enemies and a new sandbox are bad things? What about Spartan Op, is that bad? Or maybe its irrelevent? Don’t be pessimistic about everything. Also how can 343 provide “proof” for their quotes? We would have to play the game to confirm anything. As for the OOOO shiny graphics thing, you’re just taking what I said and changing it and adding a lot of caps to it, is that supposed to make me look dumb? It just makes you look dumb. What’s so wrong about liking good graphics anyway?

There are some good positive aspects to come from that article. I agree with most of you when we say that the MP aspects are poor but the SP stuff does look quite appealing.

1. The New Art style. I thought the new style was actually good and as several other peole have noted the graphics look fantastic. Chief looks really great and some of the screenshots were amazing.

2. I think the DMR looks better than the Reach one. That isn’t saying a lot, but I do prefer it.

3. Spartan Ops, although has is a terrible name and is stolen (So was Firefight, get over it) is an interesting concept. Worth having another look.

Inb4 the COD ripoff people. Yes I know the MP stuff is beyond poor, but the whole article isn’t awful.

Graphics.
No bloom

Ummmm…bout it

All this hate is completely ridiculous. Campaign is looking and sounding fantastic, Spartan Ops is an idea worthy of rapturous applause and the graphics are jaw-dropping. The ‘negatives’ (personally I don’t mind them) are presumably all customizable and quite possibly won’t even be in Ranked gametypes.

These forums are like the kid who gets hundreds of amazing Christmas presents, then ignores them all and throws a tantrum because he doesn’t like his knitted jumper from Grandma.

Ah the sound of angered people slapping their keys in distress over the concepts and implementations of a video game. It’s music to my ears, because you know your still going to play it, and deep down your going to like it, no matter what kinda of babble spews from the tips of your fingers here, you will buy it, and you know you will love it.

Just like Reach…

I find all the new features of the game to be interesting none the less, it just seems like the Halo Community has no tolerance for change or experimentation, in the end though your still a Half Ton Mac Truck Spewing forth molten lead from a pipe somewhere off in the unknown galaxy, and thats enough for me!

Favorite things,

Spartan Ops, week to week new missions in a story driven epic set aside from the campaign.

Return of br

Sprint like a pro all da time.

Customizable armor

Did you see dem visuals.

> All this hate is completely ridiculous. Campaign is looking and sounding fantastic, Spartan Ops is an idea worthy of rapturous applause and the graphics are jaw-dropping. The ‘negatives’ (personally I don’t mind them) are presumably all customizable and quite possibly won’t even be in Ranked gametypes.
>
> These forums are like the kid who gets hundreds of amazing Christmas presents, then ignores them all and throws a tantrum because he doesn’t like his knitted jumper from Grandma.

I think MP sounds stupidly awful, but the SP looks amazing. People are acting like it is the end of the world, but to some people Halo might be the whole world.

For the first time ever, we have 2 CoDs in ONE year!!! Yes!!!

No one noticed the Carbine?

Love the armour on the enemy.

> No one noticed the Carbine?

Did you notice Forunner Vision?