Let's give a big thanks to 343i.

If anyone looks at my post history, it’s no mystery that I’m not the biggest fan of Halo 4 (despite being max rank). Sure, I still like it compared to other series, but comparing it to the rest of the Halo series…I don’t think the multiplayer is really that good.

But just today I was bored and decided to watch and read through the tons of videos and articles and all the content on Waypoint (though sadly its becoming buried under Halo 4 stuff). We all can say what we want about 343i’s actual game, but Halo is much more than a game and you can even say that Halo was first a novel, a story. The Fall of Reach WAS released BEFORE Halo 1, after all.

And the awesome universe developers at 343i have definitely made the Halo universe a great one. There’s just so much they’ve done to make Halo incredible. Fixing Bungie’s canon errors, making a great story for Halo 4 that extends outside of campaign, to making more novels, and the tons of free content on Waypoint that has like motion comics, and a lot more. There’s really just a ton of awesome stuff.

To me, Halo is foremost a story that’s fascinating and rivals other classic sci-fi universes like Star Wars. Secondly, it’s about the experiences with my friends in this universe. From co-op campaign to Firefight to Spartan Ops and more, many memories have been made. THIRDLY, it’s about the competitive multiplayer for me. While it’s still something I enjoy, if it’s messed up a little bit…you know, oh well, it’s the other things I enjoy more. Even so? I still slaughter Matchmaking randoms and feel good about it.

So despite the multiplayer team’s choices for Halo 4, I still love the game and the universe associated with it and that multiplayer team is just a small fraction of all of 343i. So I can definitely like 343i as the developers of Halo.

So, this forum can hate on the multiplayer, but can this forum really hate on the actual Halo universe in 343i’s hands? I doubt it.

They made Halo4 conflict with canon even more.

> They made Halo4 conflict with canon even more.

Examples?

Yeah! I am not the only one, who care more about single player and story! Yeah, multiplayer is fun and I play it a lot but nothing wins Halo-Campaigns and Halo 4’s campaign was frigging awesome!

meh…

they had me thinking that until the prologue in H4 with the MC being in his H4 armor and not his MK iv and same with the other spartans dropping down and fighing elites.

Not to mention the elites they fought were wearing storm covi armor and not Reachs or H3’s

That kind of laziness IMO is unforgivable. It’s a slap in the face of any halo canon fan and only shows a lack of a concern for story.

To be honest I think if they concentrated more on story elements of the game, especially Spartan Ops, it would propel Halo to its rightful place in the gaming scene faster than any multiplayer element could.

Halo is Bungie’s baby and 343i is the worst foster parent, ever.

> meh…
>
> they had me thinking that until the prologue in H4 with the MC being in his H4 armor and not his MK iv and same with the other spartans dropping down and fighing elites.
>
> Not to mention the elites they fought were wearing storm covi armor and not Reachs or H3’s
>
> That kind of laziness IMO is unforgivable. It’s a slap in the face of any halo canon fan and only shows a lack of a concern for story.

Actually, the people who created the CGI cutscenes were probably given the in-game models to use and were told to use them. You’re basing your opinion on one small cutscene in the very beginning of the game that is meant to help new players catch up with the story. Good job.

The multiplayer problems are probably Microsoft forcing 343 to make more CoD-like stuff because “the fanbase likes it!” Notice how the campaign and story elements are all amazing? Microsoft doesn’t care about that, which is why they have not meddled with it. All they care about is the multiplayer aspect competing with other games, hence why their businessmen think putting such elements into their game will make it more popular.

I agree though. They’ve been taking good care of the universe, and have made it better, and I believe they will continue to do so (story-wise at least).

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts. Criticism is one thing; overt insults are quite another.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> meh…
>
> they had me thinking that until the prologue in H4 with the MC being in his H4 armor and not his MK iv and same with the other spartans dropping down and fighing elites.
>
> Not to mention the elites they fought were wearing storm covi armor and not Reachs or H3’s
>
> That kind of laziness IMO is unforgivable. It’s a slap in the face of any halo canon fan and only shows a lack of a concern for story.

Actually, the people who created the CGI cutscenes were probably given the in-game models to use and were told to use them. You’re basing your opinion on one small cutscene in the very beginning of the game that is meant to help new players catch up with the story. Good job.

The multiplayer problems are probably Microsoft being pieces of -blam!- like they always are, forcing 343 to make more CoD-like stuff because hurr durr teh fanbase lieks it! Notice how the campaign and story elements are all amazing? Microsoft doesn’t care about that, which is why they have not meddled with it. All they care about is the multiplayer aspect competing with other games, hence why their business ‘geniuses’ think putting such elements into their game will make it more popular. I swear, business administration is the most worthless career…

I agree though. They’ve been taking good care of the universe, and have made it better, and I believe they will continue to do so (story-wise at least).

> meh…
>

It’s unforgiviable that 343 chose a different artistic direction that didn’t happen to accommodate ONE LINE in Halo 2? Have a sense of proportion, man. It would have been unforgiviable if they re-wrote Halo to say that Halsey was just Captain Keyes in drag. Having visual consistency in a game isn’t a crime.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not make nonconstructive posts.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

I do agree Multiplayer is dog poo