lets get some non bloom and AL requests for the first TU of reach

i figure bloom and AL are the main problem but if we want a title update only for them and since they are contrivertal lets get some ideas we can all agree on first.

first is a given, fix some bugs in multiplayer and the campaign

second is the betraytel system, right now it sucks because it’s random and allows betraying for power weapons. my solution: 2 betrayels gives you the option to boot, and if you have a power weapon for that playlist you get immediate option to boot the other player.

third is quit system, while annoying quiting can happen for reasons people cant avoid and the quit ban dosent stop the problem or teams being abandoned. my solution:allow XBL freinds to join your game if somebody quits, if the person who quits gets replaced they lose the stats for that game and their commendation and challenge progress is set back to before the game

third: AFKing, bungies solution does nothing at all with the ban because people go right back to it once they get unbanned. my solution: first time somebody AFKs for a entire game they get a 30 minute ban and a warning, second time they get a 40 minute ban and they get demoted by two rank levels. doing this would make AFKing hurt your rank more than helping it so the problem would mostly cease to exist.

next i know some people will argue with me on but it’s the firefight custom games. if you play a custom firefight game by yourself or your freinds you earn credits ONLY if the game settings like health and stuff arnt changed. now some people may scream credit farming however credit farming is just as bad in the normal firefight playlisr so i dont see the problem getting worse if you can pick the map you want to play on by yourself or freinds (looks at unearthed)

last, since we know their is a helmet locked on the disk, make it the new recond helmet for reach and bringback vidmasters, sure they were a bungie thing but a few bungie vets work at 343 and we should have them back for them and as a halo tradition we should start. i mean how fun would it be to do PoA with 3 freinds. my ideas for vidmasters are, complete PoA four player legendary iron skull on, kill all the bobs, get a gold comendation.

what are your opinions on these things being in a TU?

ok i just became aware of this issue but their is a lot of things that need to be added and changned in custom games. look at the post on this page by time glitch for details

Your heart is in the right place…If only your grammar was too.

343 is aware of the “Big 3”. I agree that we need some more Title Update discussion that does not involve those issues.

For instance, Custom Games need to be looked at, badly. Half of the options we get don’t work, and we had so many options removed from Halo 3. We need those options working, and back. We need to at least get Reach’s custom games up to Halo 3’s standards, then we can talk about expanding.

> Your heart is in the right place…If only your grammar was too.
>
> 343 is aware of the “Big 3”. I agree that we need some more Title Update discussion that does not involve those issues.
>
> For instance, Custom Games need to be looked at, badly. Half of the options we get don’t work, and we had so many options removed from Halo 3. We need those options working, and back. We need to at least get Reach’s custom games up to Halo 3’s standards, then we can talk about expanding.

could you be more specific on what has changed with customs and what needs to be added? im sorry but i dont do customs that much so i dont know that much about those issues

> > Your heart is in the right place…If only your grammar was too.
> >
> > 343 is aware of the “Big 3”. I agree that we need some more Title Update discussion that does not involve those issues.
> >
> > For instance, Custom Games need to be looked at, badly. Half of the options we get don’t work, and we had so many options removed from Halo 3. We need those options working, and back. We need to at least get Reach’s custom games up to Halo 3’s standards, then we can talk about expanding.
>
> could you be more specific on what has changed with customs and what needs to be added? im sorry but i dont do customs that much so i dont know that much about those issues

Yeah, absolutely.

I could write a book on how Bungie broke customs in Reach, but I’ll try my best to keep it short. Also, there are probably others I don’t remember. Doing this from the top of my head.

Category 1: Removed options from Halo 3

• No Alpha Zombies (Coming in April, actually!)
  • Removal of VIP
  • With the removal of VIP comes no more options for team-specific traits or proximity traits. This is a BIG ONE.
  • Rounds do not end if all zombies run out of lives.
  • Infection is considered an FFA gametype now, meaning that all players can hear each other, regardless of being zombie or human. All team tactics are GONE.
  • Infection no longer has “% of Zombies” options. You can only set a certain number of zombies.

Category 2: Broken things in Reach’s system.

• Invasion has no options for setting Elite traits, only Spartans.
  • No option for Elite/Elite or Spartan/Spartan Invasion.
  • Elite traits carry over through all gametypes. Elites will always be stronger/faster than Spartans, no matter what traits are set.
  • In addition to the previous point, you cannot force Spartan or Elite in any gametype. If a player chooses Elite as their preferred model, they will enjoy the speed and damage bonuses of being an Elite, regardless of gametype settings.
  • Overshields do not display physically. I don’t know if this is a glitch or not.
  • You cannot change the Juggernaut’s settings. They will always be the default Reach settings.
  • If you turn Equipment usage “on” in an Objective game, Evade will not function while holding an Objective item. Example: You cannot use Evade while holding a Bomb, Oddball, or Flag.
  • Forcing Armor Abilities does not work. For instance, if you want the Flag Carrier to have Jetpack, this setting will not function. The user will retain their chosen Armor Ability.
  • Turning off “Weapon Pickup” will also disable you from picking up Objective items such as a Flag or Oddball.
  • In Firefight, if you select “Equipment Drop” to “Off” or “Disabled”, it changes nothing. Enemies will still drop their equipment.

That’s all I can remember for now…But I’m sure there’s more. In fact, I know there are.

All I know is Bungie did NOT test Custom Games.

Custom game search would be nice
Just a side note: You guys should make another map pack… maps on Reach are starting to get bland Plus the Defiant Map Pack was good

Back on track: Replace AL with Evade (IDK it was random idea), If you can’t get rid of the bloom on the DMR try to at least make the bloom smaller or make it like the Needle Rifle’s type a bloom

Don’t criticize me PLEASE

> Custom game search would be nice
> Just a side note: You guys should make another map pack… maps on Reach are starting to get bland Plus the Defiant Map Pack was good
>
> Back on track: Replace AL with Evade (IDK it was random idea), If you can’t get rid of the bloom on the DMR try to at least make the bloom smaller or make it like the Needle Rifle’s type a bloom
>
> Don’t criticize me PLEASE

this thread is about the TU stuff we want that dosent invlove bloom and AL. please stay on topic

> > > Your heart is in the right place…If only your grammar was too.
> > >
> > > 343 is aware of the “Big 3”. I agree that we need some more Title Update discussion that does not involve those issues.
> > >
> > > For instance, Custom Games need to be looked at, badly. Half of the options we get don’t work, and we had so many options removed from Halo 3. We need those options working, and back. We need to at least get Reach’s custom games up to Halo 3’s standards, then we can talk about expanding.
> >
> > could you be more specific on what has changed with customs and what needs to be added? im sorry but i dont do customs that much so i dont know that much about those issues
>
> Yeah, absolutely.
>
> I could write a book on how Bungie broke customs in Reach, but I’ll try my best to keep it short. Also, there are probably others I don’t remember. Doing this from the top of my head.
>
> Category 1: Removed options from Halo 3
>
> - No Alpha Zombies (Coming in April, actually!)
> - Removal of VIP
> - With the removal of VIP comes no more options for team-specific traits or proximity traits. This is a BIG ONE.
> - Rounds do not end if all zombies run out of lives.
> - Infection is considered an FFA gametype now, meaning that all players can hear each other, regardless of being zombie or human. All team tactics are GONE.
> - Infection no longer has “% of Zombies” options. You can only set a certain number of zombies.
>
> Category 2: Broken things in Reach’s system.
>
> - Invasion has no options for setting Elite traits, only Spartans.
> - No option for Elite/Elite or Spartan/Spartan Invasion.
> - Elite traits carry over through all gametypes. Elites will always be stronger/faster than Spartans, no matter what traits are set.
> - In addition to the previous point, you cannot force Spartan or Elite in any gametype. If a player chooses Elite as their preferred model, they will enjoy the speed and damage bonuses of being an Elite, regardless of gametype settings.
> - Overshields do not display physically. I don’t know if this is a glitch or not.
> - You cannot change the Juggernaut’s settings. They will always be the default Reach settings.
> - If you turn Equipment usage “on” in an Objective game, Evade will not function while holding an Objective item. Example: You cannot use Evade while holding a Bomb, Oddball, or Flag.
> - Forcing Armor Abilities does not work. For instance, if you want the Flag Carrier to have Jetpack, this setting will not function. The user will retain their chosen Armor Ability.
> - Turning off “Weapon Pickup” will also disable you from picking up Objective items such as a Flag or Oddball.
> - In Firefight, if you select “Equipment Drop” to “Off” or “Disabled”, it changes nothing. Enemies will still drop their equipment.
>
> That’s all I can remember for now…But I’m sure there’s more. In fact, I know there are.
>
> All I know is Bungie did NOT test Custom Games.

ok those DEFENIATELY need to be changed if possible like the weapons pickup stuff preventing you from picking up a objective. updateing the OP now, however at this point so many things need changeing we may need 2 TUs to tackle these problems alone

-Evade needs to be only one roll but have a quick recharge time.

-Assualt Rifle: needs to kill faster using 2 bullets less

-Plasma Repeater: Needs a buff to kill 3 bullets less

Stuff like that.

glitch just happened where i accidently quoted the whole OP

they should really look at the placement of some AA’s on the map like camo and AL. OR just put Invis and OS back on the map and take out camo and AL…that would be the better option

> they should really look at the placement of some AA’s on the map like camo and AL. OR just put Invis and OS back on the map and take out camo and AL…that would be the better option

thats more of a loadout thing, we need to discuss updates that require new codeing to be made.

right now i just want everybody to share their feedback on what i have in the OP like the new ban systems i have come up with

LOL woops i sidetracked sorry

The Banshee. The constant evade spam is abused beyond belief. Each flip or roll should drain at least one quarter of the boost bar.

Focus Rifle must be buffed to become a Real sniper. Match the UNSC sniper in kill time so that Covenant Elites will benefit from having a working sniper effective against spartans. The weapon will be used as a run to weapon wherever it is placed on the map. Change it to charge bursts, or increased rate of damage.
Plasma Repeater needs to work better in Close Range Combat as well.

> Focus Rifle must be buffed to become a Real sniper. Match the UNSC sniper in kill time so that Covenant Elites will benefit from having a working sniper effective against spartans. The weapon will be used as a run to weapon wherever it is placed on the map. Change it to charge bursts, or increased rate of damage.
> Plasma Repeater needs to work better in Close Range Combat as well.

that would fall under the weapon balance in the TU

Reduce the window of registration for all damage. Not so simultaneous deaths happen way too often, and it’s not all lag.

Slow down melee speed.

REALLY slow down the hammer swing. It’s more like playing donkey kong than Halo when someone gets that, and timing for grifball is off because you can swing it so fast that you almost always achieve a simultaneous melee kill.

make it so that swords and hammers have to do the reactivation animation when you stop sprinting or evading with them in order to remove the need for the sword block, and therefore remove it, balancing out grifball while taking away a hampering ability for the sword.

Drop the number of evades to 1 evade per use. Right now it’s just a better sprint. Lowering the number of uses to one would still make it useful in it’s niche without making it useless in comparison to the other AAs. Right now having it alongside sprint renders sprint obsolete.

fix the bug where you die when you do an assasination on an incline.

make the invasion colors back to the green vs blue/red/purple or have FFA colors.

Buff the plasma repeater very slightly or make it overheat slower, buff the plasma rifle alot, plasma pistol is fine, plasma launcher needs a slight projectile speed boost and lock on speed boost, and give the focus rifle a slight damage boost. Maybe make it headshot capable by melting your face off? Maybe not that, but boost it at least.

Give the ability to forge in Firefight. Would be nice to be able to set what vehicles and weapon drops you want.

My main thing I’d like changed is for vehicle boarding to be changed to the RB(melee of course) on the default setup. It is so much more intuitive that way.

As for anyhting else that has yet to be suggested. Invasion’s team colors should be changed or changable. I like the idea of having it go back to the way it was in the beta. That or preferably the spartans all stay custom, and the elites are forced in some way, like purple?

Custom spartans should also be available while forging to, I think.

Add a custom option for the ability to carry more than one armor ability. Maybe you could carry all of them and switch between them with the d-pad?

Add a custom option that forces you to use whatever AA you choose, or whatever is forced, for the rest of the match.

Add a stopping power type of trait, for those who would like less rushing maybe?

Eh, all I’m worried about is the top one.

Nerf the grenades is a big one for me. I’d also like the Custom Game Settings and the ability to search for Custom Games. Firefight Forge would be nice, too.

> next i know some people will argue with me on but it’s the firefight custom games. if you play a custom firefight game by yourself or your freinds you earn credits ONLY if the game settings like health and stuff arnt changed. now some people may scream credit farming however credit farming is just as bad in the normal firefight playlisr so i dont see the problem getting worse if you can pick the map you want to play on by yourself or freinds (looks at unearthed)

What kind of “farming” would people do in FF customs? Last I checked FF customs don’t work for commendations. You just get a crummy amount of cR for time spent which can be abused if they increased it by people making themselves immortal then walk away letting the game rack up time for them as they aren’t playing then come back. So if anything I feel as if FF customs are fine as they are. :slight_smile: