Lets get Pelicans, scarabs, etc in MM.

Halo has been well know to have awesome vehicles in-game.

I think that halo’s vehicles should evolve with Halo 4.

I would love to see Pelicans in multiplayer and as forgeable vehicles.

A scarab would also be an amazing vehicle to have.

I believe these vehicles can be balanced for multiplayer if players exploit their weakness.

Ultimately the inclusion of larger vehicles will ultimately foster more dynamic gameplayer and a more fun experience.

Look at BF3 for example, there are jets, tanks, and many other vehicles that add a new layer of gameplay. Am I saying copy BF3, no? I am saying that having vehicles like Pelican, Scarabs, etc available to players would be fun for large maps.

Thoughts?

lol

everybody asks for this.

> lol
>
> everybody asks for this.

Becuase it would be fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

imagine a king of the hill game where the scarabs the hill!

I think it would be awesome to have pelicans and Scarabs, but leave scarabs for the WAR playlist. I found in the halo 4 forums this guy was thinking that 343i could make a playlist that was 12 vs 12. You all should check it out.

Well, im just asking you guys? How would you like to kill a scarab? or Pelican? Or whatever big vehichle. What would be their weakness? You would need some kind of super canon! Every other vehicle in halo 3 a player can kill alone and this would be an exception and i think that would destroy gameplay. It will be way to overpowered.

Well, first they need to up the player count to make that work to its potential, but yeah that would be amazing. Scarab vs Pelican, Carter style.

Oh the possibilities…

Yes, do this 343. It might not be catering to the hyper-competitive players but it would be super fun to have these kind of vehicles in multiplayer. Imagine Invasion, but you actually have to pilot the phantom or pelican to get away with the core or in the third phase the objective is to bring down a scarab, or Capture the Flag/Assault in massive battlefields with an air focus?

I doubt there is anyone here who could seriously say they wouldn’t enjoy doing any of those things, though I’m sure someone will post as such just to prove me wrong.

lol no

The Pelican I’m all for. As long as the pilot doesn’t have any weapons besides using the thing as a battering ram Carter style as previously mentioned. The only weapon should be a turret mounted in the troop compartment. Hopefully that will keep it in its niche as a transport instead of it turning into a gun carriage like the Falcon turned out to be.

The Scarab, on the other hand, would be a lot harder to implement. The great power of the cannon isn’t the problem, it’s how the thing would move around the map. As shown in several missions in Halo 3/Reach, the Scarab has the great ability to maneuver terrain with ease. However, the Campaign Scarab moments are scripted. Look at The Storm, the moment when the Scarab climbs over the building is animated in a scripted way, not a dynamic in-game way. After that the only thing the Scarab can do is step over small objects, not climb around. In multiplayer this poses a problem both with balance and implementation. The terrain in multiplayer maps varies greatly, and the Scarab would have be programmed with different movements for each terrain type, which isn’t exactly resource-efficient.

The only way a Scarab could be reasonably implemented in a multiplayer map would be if it followed a scripted path with scripted animations, and players would just be able to ride it/possibly control its cannon. I could see that being practical for a sequence in Invasion in which the Scarab must be blown up with a bomb, but other than that I don’t see it happening.

> Halo has been well know to have awesome vehicles in-game.
>
> I think that halo’s vehicles should evolve with Halo 4.
>
> I would love to see Pelicans in multiplayer and as forgeable vehicles.
>
> A scarab would also be an amazing vehicle to have.
>
> I believe these vehicles can be balanced for multiplayer if players exploit their weakness.
>
> Ultimately the inclusion of larger vehicles will ultimately foster more dynamic gameplayer and a more fun experience.
>
> Look at BF3 for example, there are jets, tanks, and many other vehicles that add a new layer of gameplay. Am I saying copy BF3, no? I am saying that having vehicles like Pelican, Scarabs, etc available to players would be fun for large maps.
>
> Thoughts?

I think it would be great. And how about Shortswords? they’re barely longer than Elephants, and would be really cool to fly.

> > Halo has been well know to have awesome vehicles in-game.
> >
> > I think that halo’s vehicles should evolve with Halo 4.
> >
> > I would love to see Pelicans in multiplayer and as forgeable vehicles.
> >
> > A scarab would also be an amazing vehicle to have.
> >
> > I believe these vehicles can be balanced for multiplayer if players exploit their weakness.
> >
> > Ultimately the inclusion of larger vehicles will ultimately foster more dynamic gameplayer and a more fun experience.
> >
> > Look at BF3 for example, there are jets, tanks, and many other vehicles that add a new layer of gameplay. Am I saying copy BF3, no? I am saying that having vehicles like Pelican, Scarabs, etc available to players would be fun for large maps.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> I think it would be great. And how about Shortswords? they’re barely longer than Elephants, and would be really cool to fly.

Those are cool too, if we had a large enough sky box that would be soo much fun.

The only thing is to add some kind of surface to air missile that can lock on and blow it up which would be cool.

Since to my knowledge we’ve always had helicopters other than the banshee. It would be cool to have a first person crash where you try to bust out of the cockpit, or kamikaze into the enemies Scorpion.

> Since to my knowledge we’ve always had helicopters other than the banshee. It would be cool to have a first person crash where you try to bust out of the cockpit, or kamikaze into the enemies Scorpion.

You can kamakazi with a Banshee on a tank but it is hard to do.

A transport Pelican would be great for CTF.

Lets hope they add this in Halo 4 =)

But the Pelican couldn’t seat everyone, that would be an easy laser, or double rocket and the whole team would be dead.

Pelican- EPICZ!!! It can be a transport, kamakazi, and more. It can be a good distraction too, because Im guessing it would be heavily armored and pretty resistant to most light forms of damage.

Scarab- UMG!! Teh king of invasion will be here. Defence, attack, troop carryer. Force your enemies to fight on hostile ground. Theres only one way to beat a Scarab… take out the power core. But, of course, you have to board the Scarab, or use a lot of firepower to tear off the back armor to get a clear shot.

Im all up for this, but Im guessing, only the Pelican would be in Halo 4, if any are even in the game. But they might add the Covies in to keep the original Halo feel with us.

> Thoughts?

Nein.

Look at how big the maps are to support vehicle use. A Scarab is huge, the map that it would have to play on would likewise have to be massive. 8v8 on such a map would feel like you’re playing 4v4 on Hemorrhage.

Large troop transports are also nein. Even assuming that you could load your team into one (when was the last time people used the passenger seats on vehicles for anything other than just farting around?) it’s a flying deathtrap and you’re making it easier for your oppossing team.

They have to have SOMETHING like the Scarab, cause I was pissed as hell when I didn’t fight any Scarabs on Reach.

> Halo has been well know to have awesome vehicles in-game.
>
> I think that halo’s vehicles should evolve with Halo 4.
>
> I would love to see Pelicans in multiplayer and as forgeable vehicles.
>
> A scarab would also be an amazing vehicle to have.
>
> I believe these vehicles can be balanced for multiplayer if players exploit their weakness.
>
> Ultimately the inclusion of larger vehicles will ultimately foster more dynamic gameplayer and a more fun experience.
>
> Look at BF3 for example, there are jets, tanks, and many other vehicles that add a new layer of gameplay. Am I saying copy BF3, no? I am saying that having vehicles like Pelican, Scarabs, etc available to players would be fun for large maps.
>
> Thoughts?

I completely agree, They should make large scale maps for Major Vehicular Action. And they should increase the amount of players in-game from 18 to like at least 24. Be crazy and Awesome if they add a playlist called Mega BTB 50 vs. 50.