Lets fix the Ranking System (Group Effort)

Introduction
Assuming that the Iron-Pro ranking will stay, which at this point we should assume will, the ranking system should be one that is fair and equal for all players of all skill, so that everyone gets what they deserve. Now the current state isn’t terrible, but it clearly isn’t perfect as people who do good, but lose or have a team that quits still get punished which shouldn’t really happen. Now in order to do this, we can look at a Scenario and figure out how and who should gain points for the rank,and who should lose points. I think it is clear that the winning team should be granted positive points no matter what. With that in mind here is a Scenario:

Scenario #1:
Team: Blue - 50 | Kills | Assists | Deaths| K/D | Points (maybe something that should be added for fairness) *Assume 100 for kill, 10 for assist

Blue1 | 18 | 3 | 6 | 3 | 1830
Blue2 | 13 | 4 | 8 | 1.6 | 1340
Blue3 | 12 | 2 | 10 | 1.2 | 1220
Blue4 | 7 | 7 | 11 | 0.6 | 810
Team: Red - 35 | Kills | Assists | Deaths| K/D | Points (maybe something that should be added for fairness)
Red1 | 14 | 2 | 9 | 1.5 | 1420
Red2 | 10 | 3 | 10 | 1 | 1030
Red3 | 7 | 1 | 15 | 0.5 | 710
Red4 | 4 | 3 | 15 | 0.3 | 430
Analysis:
This match was clearly dominated by the Blue Team, however if you look at the top 4 players they are Blue1 (Blue), Red1 (Red), Blue2 (Blue), and Blue3 (Blue). With this in mind, it is clear to see that Red1 played very well even in comparison to some of the players on the blue team, so he should not be punished for his performance, but how do we balance this?

One solution might be to allow the top 3 or 4 players gain a positive score no matter what. The amount of points that a player will receive can be based off of his “points” which can be imaginary come the final game, but visible for the purpose of this. In this case Blue1 will receive 18.3 points toward his rank, which is 1% of his points collected during the match. Because he was on the winning team, nothing will be deducted from his points. Red1 on the other hand is where things might get complicated. He was in the Top 3 of the match, but his team lost, which means that he should gain points toward his rank, but obviously not on the winning team. Therefore perhaps his raw points of 14.2 should be divided in half (50%) so that he will gain only 7 points for that match, this obviously can be greater for example 75% or so, and can adjust as his rank becomes higher.

In terms of how many points people should lose, I think that this might be the most tricky aspect to decide, because there are so many factors, and to be honest I am too generous of a person to decide what would be right. However, In my opinion I never felt that the amount of points I lost during the beta was every unfair, so perhaps the current system can stand for that?

Let me know what you think, and if there are any flaws to this, or if more adjustments should be made. I will try to update this, and perhaps we can crack a perfect code together. I am by no means a mathematician, but we can put our heads together as a community.

[RESERVED FOR LATER USE]

i think a person should lose rank if they lose. but i would be ok with this for example

say you lose a total of 10 pts per loss
red1 loses 4
red2 loses 6
red3 loses 8
red4 loses 10

the losing team must lose points otherwise there is no reason to play the obj

> 2533274806462140;3:
> i think a person should lose rank if they lose. but i would be ok with this for example
>
> say you lose a total of 10 pts per loss
> red1 loses 4
> red2 loses 6
> red3 loses 8
> red4 loses 10
>
> the losing team must lose points otherwise there is no reason to play the obj

Well if a player plays really good, and for example is better than the other players in the other team, I think they deserve to not lose any points at least

> 2533274806462140;3:
> i think a person should lose rank if they lose. but i would be ok with this for example
>
> say you lose a total of 10 pts per loss
> red1 loses 4
> red2 loses 6
> red3 loses 8
> red4 loses 10
>
> the losing team must lose points otherwise there is no reason to play the obj

or for objective base it off of objective points and certain accolades.