Lets be real about Memories of Reach

I am very excited to play infection, but we have to ask ourselves what has 343 given us so far? ghosts of meridian and infinities armory were completely and are completely useless. We have “new” content. Forge is great and better than before yes, but the only other useful things they have given us are BTB and Grifball. Both are just one gametype that were the focus of an entire update besides a couple weapons here and there. We don’t need new reqs. We need more permanent vehicles, permanent weapons, more maps, and way more game modes. 343 has trullu given us nothing that we haven’t had before. They are holding back things they already have to keep our attention and I am about at the end of mt patience. This update better be the biggest and the best update. Infection is a fundamental of Halo and the community. This update bringing back our favorites from Reach could make or break Halo 5’ s community.

Tell me what you guys think should happen with the coming update and what you think of the past updates

More game modes divides the player base and makes it harder to get games.

Shouldnt any new vehicles or weapons have been available at launch? Like the Phaeton? Varient or classic weapons/vehicles making a return are fine but past that is a little hard to justify.

Well personally I think they can and should do anything they can to keep the player base up. The updates every month have been good. Now, I think game modes should not have been included in that. Most companies like to avoid bad press. Firefight a possible exception. But having monthly
updates focused on multi was a good idea instead of Spartan Ops.

> 2533274803587475;3:
> More game modes divides the player base and makes it harder to get games.

There is a MASSIVE difference between Game Modes and Playlists. Having too many playlists divides the population, and having classic Game Modes available for custom games is very important. Remember that Halo is a sandbox that appeals to a wide variety of players. Personally, I couldn’t care less about matchmaking and the playlist options, because I’m a Forger and focus on that and custom games. Based on your post, I would guess that you feel the opposite way. Most of the people demanding Infection/KotH/Race want them for custom games, not necessarily matchmaking.

> 2533274803587475;3:
> More game modes divides the player base and makes it harder to get games.
>
> Shouldnt any new vehicles or weapons have been available at launch? Like the Phaeton? Varient or classic weapons/vehicles making a return are fine but past that is a little hard to justify.
>
> Well personally I think they can and should do anything they can to keep the player base up. The updates every month have been good. Now, I think game modes should not have been included in that. Most companies like to avoid bad press. Firefight a possible exception. But having monthly
> updates focused on multi was a good idea instead of Spartan Ops.

Only if the population is already bad, which it is sadly.

Do you really believe less content is a good idea?

I hated Reach. The only thing I would like to see come back from that game is the UI and Armor Customization. NOTHING more.

I like the Marauder armor though, so it wasn’t entirely useless ;~;

They are bringing Reach’s Forge world back… say hello to blood gulch baby!!

> 2533274930411705;1:
> I am very excited to play infection, but we have to ask ourselves what has 343 given us so far? ghosts of meridian and infinities armory were completely and are completely useless. We have “new” content. Forge is great and better than before yes, but the only other useful things they have given us are BTB and Grifball. Both are just one gametype that were the focus of an entire update besides a couple weapons here and there. We don’t need new reqs. We need more permanent vehicles, permanent weapons, more maps, and way more game modes. 343 has trullu given us nothing that we haven’t had before. They are holding back things they already have to keep our attention and I am about at the end of mt patience. This update better be the biggest and the best update. Infection is a fundamental of Halo and the community. This update bringing back our favorites from Reach could make or break Halo 5’ s community.

You lost me after you said GOM and IA were useless. You’re exactly the kind of player we don’t need. Someone that thinks your personal wants/thoughts are arethe community’s and they’re the only things that matter. I’d bet $100 you’re one of the first 3 people to make a thread saying “Infection is -Yoink-” after playing 1 game of it 10 minutes after the reach update comes out.

I saw OP’s post in another thread, he just copy+pasted it over and made it a thread, he didn’t even bother to fix his grammar mistakes. 10/10, hate on 343 harder.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/how-everyone-feels-after-the-infection-preview/53730921-6d02-41d6-b4e8-80d1f9643a21/posts?page=19#post368

sorry it’s not a hyperlink. havent reached that rank yet. rip.

Lol sorry kid that Ghosts of Meridian didn’t touch your interests. It is far from useless. You may call the new REQ’s useless, but really they are not. They did a really good job with the Req’s this time around as there are less of the filler req’s, even the emblems and weapon skins are good. The weapon req’s are welcome new additions as they are unique and interesting, while the new vehicles are simply cool and a lot of effort has been put into them. A huge list of forge tools and new effect etc are great and will help forgers improve and create new experiences in their maps. UI changes are decent too. You said you wanted new maps and more of them, well this update brought us 2 new original maps. I only played darkstar once unfortunately, however I appreciate the changes they have done to make old bosses like the warden more challenging, while adding new legendary bosses. The map design is great and has a different focus of gameplay compared to the other maps. Only negative is the re usage of the fortress from stormbreak, where the ship could have been the middle base. New arena map is original, offers a lot of creative play and is great for ctf and assault and beautiful. I am a huge fan of this update and I have just proven to you how this update is good and not useless like you claim. Calling the update entirely useless is entirely selfish and suggests that you may be spoiled. You might just call me a total fanboy, but I don’t care because what I have stated is more factual than opinionated

wait ghosts of meridian was a bad update? From what I have seen the new arena map and warzone map have had a positive retrieval by the community. Also a normal DLC gave us 3 maps… thats it. Sure not many people are fans of the reqs, but two solid maps are solid and updates that come along with them were needed even if they were maintenance. If you think the newest update added nothing, you are completely blind.

> 2533274900367576;10:
> I saw OP’s post in another thread, he just copy+pasted it over and made it a thread, he didn’t even bother to fix his grammar mistakes. 10/10, hate on 343 harder.
> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/how-everyone-feels-after-the-infection-preview/53730921-6d02-41d6-b4e8-80d1f9643a21/posts?page=19#post368
>
> sorry it’s not a hyperlink. havent reached that rank yet. rip.

Here is the link for ya

> 2533274908264105;11:
> Lol sorry kid that Ghosts of Meridian didn’t touch your interests. It is far from useless. You may call the new REQ’s useless, but really they are not. They did a really good job with the Req’s this time around as there are less of the filler req’s, even the emblems and weapon skins are good. The weapon req’s are welcome new additions as they are unique and interesting, while the new vehicles are simply cool and a lot of effort has been put into them. A huge list of forge tools and new effect etc are great and will help forgers improve and create new experiences in their maps. UI changes are decent too. You said you wanted new maps and more of them, well this update brought us 2 new original maps. I only played darkstar once unfortunately, however I appreciate the changes they have done to make old bosses like the warden more challenging, while adding new legendary bosses. The map design is great and has a different focus of gameplay compared to the other maps. Only negative is the re usage of the fortress from stormbreak, where the ship could have been the middle base. New arena map is original, offers a lot of creative play and is great for ctf and assault and beautiful. I am a huge fan of this update and I have just proven to you how this update is good and not useless like you claim. Calling the update entirely useless is entirely selfish and suggests that you may be spoiled. You might just call me a total fanboy, but I don’t care because what I have stated is more factual than opinionated

Stop pretending like your opinion is any more factual than the OP’s. Your use of phrases like “great, cool, interesting, good,” are all examples of subjectivity and are based on preference. You might not agree with the OP’s opinion, but it doesn’t mean that what you think is universally or factually correct.

> 2533274968707582;14:
> > 2533274908264105;11:
> > Lol sorry kid that Ghosts of Meridian didn’t touch your interests. It is far from useless. You may call the new REQ’s useless, but really they are not. They did a really good job with the Req’s this time around as there are less of the filler req’s, even the emblems and weapon skins are good. The weapon req’s are welcome new additions as they are unique and interesting, while the new vehicles are simply cool and a lot of effort has been put into them. A huge list of forge tools and new effect etc are great and will help forgers improve and create new experiences in their maps. UI changes are decent too. You said you wanted new maps and more of them, well this update brought us 2 new original maps. I only played darkstar once unfortunately, however I appreciate the changes they have done to make old bosses like the warden more challenging, while adding new legendary bosses. The map design is great and has a different focus of gameplay compared to the other maps. Only negative is the re usage of the fortress from stormbreak, where the ship could have been the middle base. New arena map is original, offers a lot of creative play and is great for ctf and assault and beautiful. I am a huge fan of this update and I have just proven to you how this update is good and not useless like you claim. Calling the update entirely useless is entirely selfish and suggests that you may be spoiled. You might just call me a total fanboy, but I don’t care because what I have stated is more factual than opinionated
>
>
> Stop pretending like your opinion is any more factual than the OP’s. Your use of phrases like “great, cool, interesting, good,” are all examples of subjectivity and are based on preference. You might not agree with the OP’s opinion, but it doesn’t mean that what you think is universally or factually correct.

It is slightly more factual. At least I am using points to back up my arguments. No attempt was made into saying why the mentioned updates were bad on his end. END OF CASE

> 2533274968707582;14:
> > 2533274908264105;11:
> > Lol sorry kid that Ghosts of Meridian didn’t touch your interests. It is far from useless. You may call the new REQ’s useless, but really they are not. They did a really good job with the Req’s this time around as there are less of the filler req’s, even the emblems and weapon skins are good. The weapon req’s are welcome new additions as they are unique and interesting, while the new vehicles are simply cool and a lot of effort has been put into them. A huge list of forge tools and new effect etc are great and will help forgers improve and create new experiences in their maps. UI changes are decent too. You said you wanted new maps and more of them, well this update brought us 2 new original maps. I only played darkstar once unfortunately, however I appreciate the changes they have done to make old bosses like the warden more challenging, while adding new legendary bosses. The map design is great and has a different focus of gameplay compared to the other maps. Only negative is the re usage of the fortress from stormbreak, where the ship could have been the middle base. New arena map is original, offers a lot of creative play and is great for ctf and assault and beautiful. I am a huge fan of this update and I have just proven to you how this update is good and not useless like you claim. Calling the update entirely useless is entirely selfish and suggests that you may be spoiled. You might just call me a total fanboy, but I don’t care because what I have stated is more factual than opinionated
>
>
> Stop pretending like your opinion is any more factual than the OP’s. Your use of phrases like “great, cool, interesting, good,” are all examples of subjectivity and are based on preference. You might not agree with the OP’s opinion, but it doesn’t mean that what you think is universally or factually correct.

I don’t see anywhere that he said his opinions were fact?? He actually took the time to name things that he thought were beneficial to the game whereas the OP just threw out ‘useless’ like it was everybody’s opinion. Should I take it that you’re a 343 hater that simply sees a positive post and feels the need to attack it? Cause his post is more constructive than any of the other ones in this thread.

> 2533274886531207;16:
> > 2533274968707582;14:
> > > 2533274908264105;11:
> > > Lol sorry kid that Ghosts of Meridian didn’t touch your interests. It is far from useless. You may call the new REQ’s useless, but really they are not. They did a really good job with the Req’s this time around as there are less of the filler req’s, even the emblems and weapon skins are good. The weapon req’s are welcome new additions as they are unique and interesting, while the new vehicles are simply cool and a lot of effort has been put into them. A huge list of forge tools and new effect etc are great and will help forgers improve and create new experiences in their maps. UI changes are decent too. You said you wanted new maps and more of them, well this update brought us 2 new original maps. I only played darkstar once unfortunately, however I appreciate the changes they have done to make old bosses like the warden more challenging, while adding new legendary bosses. The map design is great and has a different focus of gameplay compared to the other maps. Only negative is the re usage of the fortress from stormbreak, where the ship could have been the middle base. New arena map is original, offers a lot of creative play and is great for ctf and assault and beautiful. I am a huge fan of this update and I have just proven to you how this update is good and not useless like you claim. Calling the update entirely useless is entirely selfish and suggests that you may be spoiled. You might just call me a total fanboy, but I don’t care because what I have stated is more factual than opinionated
> >
> >
> > Stop pretending like your opinion is any more factual than the OP’s. Your use of phrases like “great, cool, interesting, good,” are all examples of subjectivity and are based on preference. You might not agree with the OP’s opinion, but it doesn’t mean that what you think is universally or factually correct.
>
>
> I don’t see anywhere that he said his opinions were fact?? He actually took the time to name things that he thought were beneficial to the game whereas the OP just threw out ‘useless’ like it was everybody’s opinion. Should I take it that you’re a 343 hater that simply sees a positive post and feels the need to attack it? Cause his post is more constructive than any of the other ones in this thread.

I beg your pardon but “I don’t care because what I’ve stated is more factual than opinionated.” He only stated opinions of certain parts of the game, nothing could be considered the truth from what he posted.