Let's Be Positive! :D (NON-complaint thread)

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Seeing as how this forum is riddled with more complaints than the Customer Services Department at Victoria’s Secret would have if they sold underwear made of poison ivy, I’d figure I’d try to make a positive thread (read: NON-COMPLAINT). I could care less what gets posted here, as long as it isn’t a complaint and it follows all the rules.

Here’s my go: I like how 343 is at least trying new things. It’s trying to stand out from all the (forgive the reference) spunkgargleweewee the FPS market is now flooded with, and all technical issues that I don’t care about aside, I want to give 343i a pat on the back for trying something different. Is Halo 4 perfect? Well, it’s as perfect as I need it to be as Halo, plain and simple. There are things I wonder about, but I don’t give, it’s a video game.

I also like how 343i at least has attempted to mix things up with the DLC armors and custom options. I don’t personally approve of the idea of them, but it works for Halo 4 because there were a fair bit of armor options left out from Reach and H3, and bringing them back no matter what form is good enough for me :slight_smile:

Before you say, “f*** you Blade, stop stroking 343i’s c**k”, I’m not, I’m being appreciative of their effort towards this game as a whole. If it were up to me, I’d make the decision to not even make Halo 5 or 6 based on how much everyone hates this version of Halo.

Most people who Do like something will not post they do, those that DON’T will post. Human nature and all that. I personally love Ricochet, new maps are good, the rest is fluff, but overall whadya want for ten bones?

Exactly! But it’s not just this fairly minor kerfluffle with the Champion’s Bundle, it’s the game in general; their DMR doesn’t kill them faster than the actual number of shots, so they complain that it’s underpowered etc etc.

If people could appreciate the game as we all should as Halo fans, instead of complaining about user-error related issues and projected injustices because the planets weren’t aligned just right for them to kill someone with more skill with their gear, then maybe things would be more constructively talked about…instead of a dedicated game forum that became it’s own Customer Complaints Desk within weeks of release :frowning:

> Most people who Do like something will not post they do, those that DON’T will post. Human nature and all that.

Precisely!

> Exactly! But it’s not just this fairly minor kerfluffle with the Champion’s Bundle, it’s the game in general; their DMR doesn’t kill them faster than the actual number of shots, so they complain that it’s underpowered etc etc.
>
> If people could appreciate the game as we all should as Halo fans, instead of complaining about user-error related issues and projected injustices because the planets weren’t aligned just right for them to kill someone with more skill with their gear, then maybe things would be more constructively talked about…instead of a dedicated game forum that became it’s own Customer Complaints Desk within weeks of release :frowning:

Well, considering the forums also doubles as the official support/customer service center, the amount of complaints isn’t surprising. Of course, some people will complain just to complain, and there’s no way to satisfy those people.

I haven’t gotten the new DLC, yet, but Vertigo looks like it’d be interesting to play. And I absolutely love the Shark AR. I actually enjoyed Spartan Ops and would love to see improvements and/or a new season. Like ODST, I think it’s underrated.

> It’s trying to stand out from all the (forgive the reference) spunkgargleweewee the FPS market is now flooded with

What part of “Hey let’s take all of these CoD elements and throw them into Halo 4” is trying to stand out from the other FPS titles? Halo 4 didn’t have a single innovative thing, literally all of its improvements were taken from other FPS titles. That isn’t standing out, that is copying. Not that I mind taking the good and using it as your own, people SHOULD do that, but don’t sit there and tell us they tried to stand out.

True enough, but to quote The Simspons, “everything is stolen nowadays. Why, the fax machine is nothing but a waffle iron with a phone attached”.

BTW, you didn’t complain about some ridiculous technical detail of Halo, rather pointed out a logic hole with me, and for that I’m going to hit the Thank Button until my computer melts. :slight_smile:

EDIT:

I can only hit it once. -Yoink!-.

Ricochet is great fun and it’s awesome to have The Pit back.

> > It’s trying to stand out from all the (forgive the reference) spunkgargleweewee the FPS market is now flooded with
>
> What part of “Hey let’s take all of these CoD elements and throw them into Halo 4” is trying to stand out from the other FPS titles? <mark>Halo 4 didn’t have a single innovative thing, literally all of its improvements were taken from other FPS titles. That isn’t standing out, that is copying.</mark> Not that I mind taking the good and using it as your own, people SHOULD do that, but don’t sit there and tell us they tried to stand out.

SpOps is a free DLC episodic campaign. How many other games do you see that in?

So i was on my way home from my uncles and i found $5 on the ground, then i bought some sodas for me and my friends.

> > > It’s trying to stand out from all the (forgive the reference) spunkgargleweewee the FPS market is now flooded with
> >
> > What part of “Hey let’s take all of these CoD elements and throw them into Halo 4” is trying to stand out from the other FPS titles? <mark>Halo 4 didn’t have a single innovative thing, literally all of its improvements were taken from other FPS titles. That isn’t standing out, that is copying.</mark> Not that I mind taking the good and using it as your own, people SHOULD do that, but don’t sit there and tell us they tried to stand out.
>
> SpOps is a free DLC episodic campaign. How many other games do you see that in?

Agreed SPOPS is awesome and innovative. So what does 343 do? They release a ton of new content in the Champions Bundle DLC that can’t be used in any way in SPOPS. No weapon skins or new armors and no abilities. And to extenuate this problem, they never disclose till the bundle is released that it’s incompatable with SPOPS, but that they also have no plans to make it compatable

So even what 343 does right, they just turn around to undo one of the games best modes.

Sorry OP, I can’t find much reason to laud their handling of Halo

> So even what 343 does right, they just turn around to undo one of the games best modes.
>
> Sorry OP, I can’t find much reason to laud their handling of Halo

Indeed. I want to like 343, I want to be positive, Halo 4 at it’s core is better than what Bungie was striving for but with every step forward there’s something that almost precisely cancels it out. Great campaign narrative, but it’s excessively linear and not much replayable. Good concept with SOPS, completely the wrong implementation. Though we certainly should recognize those first steps when they happen, you can’t disassociate them from how the foot is then shot.

Easy thread for me to post in. I’m a huge Halo fan and have played every one of them to death.

Halo 4 is easily my favorite Halo game to date.

Halo 4 is a pretty good game, but the cod elements(JIP,personal ordnance,loadouts, perks,armor abilities and etc) can be really annoying to deal with sometimes.The base gameplay is amazing in the multiplayer without these random elements.The game is fun mostly in the non-infinty type gametypes. The campaign is pretty good also, but it can be better. Spartan Ops is okay.Halo 4 is a decent first attempt at a game, but it could be better.

i enjoy not running into mlg’s every corner of the game :smiley: . i can sometimes even feel like i am decent at the game without their belittling comments every other game.