Let us play the game offline; campaign and all.

I’m not totally sure whether halo infinite will let us play offline, considering how lots of live service games are online only I fear infinite will do the same. I noticed in the flight whenever you open the game you have to log in, and basically verify your account with the servers, I hope this was just for the flight. Having a offline mode where you can play campaign, custom games with bots and forge would be really awesome.

This also groups together with mod support, with Infinite being a live service game, will there be mod support like MCC?
If Infinite could launch or get a update for mod support with steam workshop, the longevity of the game would be greatly lengthened.

I agree but I bet you will have to sign in. Realistically I’m almost always on line but it would be nice to be able to at least play campaign off line.

Agreed. Hope they can let us play offline, especially when our internet is not the best haha

I’ve never had a game I can’t play offline (except gamepass). I assume if you buy the campaign you can play it whenever you want. But if you play it through gamepass you need to be online. But I might be mistaken

Agreed. I also hope files like map variants and game types can be stored locally, so they can be copied for backups or played offline.

> I’m not totally sure whether halo infinite will let us play offline, considering how lots of live service games are online only I fear infinite will do the same. I noticed in the flight whenever you open the game you have to log in, and basically verify your account with the servers, I hope this was just for the flight. Having a offline mode where you can play campaign, custom games with bots and forge would be really awesome.
>
> This also groups together with mod support, with Infinite being a live service game, will there be mod support like MCC?
> If Infinite could launch or get a update for mod support with steam workshop, the longevity of the game would be greatly lengthened.

Agree, obviously playing online matches require internet.
But I believe many people would love to enjoy single-player campaign only and there is no reason why this should require internet. Many games can do this in the past so there is no excuse that they can’t do it now.

I have no reason whatsoever to believe that Halo Infinite will not have offline-play capabilities and local file storage.