Let us know what kind of Spartan you are!

Hello fellow Halo fans! Today, I’ve decided to be more involved in the Halo community by participating on the forums, so I’ve decided to get to know what a few of you think. My question to you is, “What is your favorite game-type, and why so?”. I encourage you to elaborate; let us know what your playing style is, what you like to do while you play that game-type, do you play with friends or play alone, etc.? Tell us what you want us to know, and lets see just how diverse we are (if we are).

I’ll start: Hi; I’m SkullKid! Although I play most of the play-lists in Halo 4, I’ve recently discovered a preference for playing Dominion. I usually play with friends I’ve met online or “real-life” friends, but I don’t mind playing alone. I sometimes play with a mic on, and I enjoy getting to know other people. I’m the type of person who likes to see the good in people. I’ve befriended most people who are willing to get along (anywhere from that person who calls out everyone to the lone-wolf spartan that doesn’t like to talk much). The reason I like dominion is because I feel it involves a bit more strategy than good-old Slayer. I like to communicate with my team, and when not possible, I try to contribute as much as I can.
My playing style varies, depending on the opposing team. I usually like to be the guy who goes running in taking bullets for everyone, but I also don’t mind playing “a bit more safe.” My load-outs also vary. I’ve come up with five load-outs that, in total, have all the weapons available in interesting combinations for different situations. Also, now that I’ve mastered most commendations for the weapons (except that dreaded Plasma Pistol), I feel more freedom use them all. My favorite precision weapon is the Covenant Carbine, but I find myself using the Light Rifle in long range. My favorite automatic weapon is the Storm Rifle, and my favorite secondary weapon is the Pistol.

Your turn! You don’t have to write an “essay” like I did, but try to put enough for us to get to know what kind of Halo player you are.

I play mostly BTB or Infinity Slayer, although I have been playing a lot of Ricochet recently. I tend to play myself.

My playstyle is really a mixture of tip of the spear and support. By that I mean I’m either the one leading the charge into the enemy team, either using a vehicle or with my BR; or I’m around the middle helping out my team by dropping shields, mopping up missed opponents and taking down vehicles.

You sound like a very valuable asset to your team mates WolfHawk16. :o I love taking down vehicles too! I usually like to flank the enemy vehicles, while they are busy with a team-mate, and go for the kill. In the event that they do spot me going for them and prepare to attack, I keep a hard-light shield in handy to suppress damage and receive support. Thanks for sharing!

Well, I used to play lots of Flood, CTF, BTB and the occasional Regicide. I either play with two-three friends. I love to use the BR or AR. I take on the aggressive role whenever I play team games.

I like Campaign

(btw OP, is your username a reference to the Skull Kid from The Legend of Zelda?)

I have done all the Halo campaigns on legendary and usually a Big Team player but recently been playing more 4v4. I’m a lone wolf cause not many halo players in my country. Like to play sniper and BR in multiplayer. Have been know to frequent the Flood playlist as well. Love playing Hivemind :smiley:

@AlcoTheAwesome: Very nice! Seems like you are deadly with that Assault Rife as a secondary.

@SpartanT110: Campaign is a must for me! I remember when Halo 4 came out I suffered through all of November because I was in college and wanted to wait for my winter break to satisfy my urge to play. I got the game since day one and had to see it there waiting for me every day; it was torture, lol. I love the Halo story and am looking forward for the next title. :slight_smile: Yes, my gamertag is in honor of Skull Kid from The Legend of Zelda. I liked him/her (whatever it is) before he was “cool” in Majora’s Mask, haha. >:P

@xChemistx: Halo campaigns on legendary are a must. My younger brother and I always do them together and then I do it myself. My only regret is that I didn’t play them on legendary first (my brother and I chickened out at the last second and switched to Heroic). Halo 4 was the first Halo game we played on Legendary without knowing a thing and it was great! :slight_smile:

i like to drive vehicles, a lot.

but seeing as they are horribly useless now, i’m going for a flanking-with-my-trusty-AR playstyle

@Twizzsted: Respect, bro. :stuck_out_tongue: I love getting Road Trip medals with a Warthog and tea-bagging lifeless Spartans in a Mantis (don’t hate, try it; it’s good for you, haha). I love piloting Banshees, but I cannot last long, even if my life depended on it. :confused: On the bright side, that new tactical package, Survivor, makes driving vehicles less painful (at-least for me).

> I like Campaign
>
> (<mark>btw OP, is your username a reference to the Skull Kid from The Legend of Zelda?</mark>)

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Me? I’m a lone wolf. Teams have never worked well for me. I’m a fair sniper. I’m usually guarding the base or running for the objective.
Put an LR or AR in my hands, the baddies start falling, and they start falling hard. I drive on occasion. I’m a slight camo user, but prefer an Autosentry for holding down the fort.
To sum it up, I’m a loner for the most part. The only team I can work with is the one that has objectives in mind, instead of a mad scramble for points. I’m the guy who will snipe to weaken and gain assists.

@Nobe138: The lone-wolf sniper…very deep. o_o lol. I usually get assists too; I don’t mind weakening people and not getting the kill. When that happens, I consider myself lucky a team-mate backed me up. I love objective games, but don’t mind suppressing either. An auto-sentry is a viable option for me in Dominion (combine that bad boy when you get a damage boost and watch people drop like flies). :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve tried using Active-camouflage, but it just doesn’t fit my playing style. I can imagine it works wonders for a sniper though (as for me, I wait to see if anyone in the team gets it first; I don’t like to snipe unless necessary).

I enjoy playing CTF (No ordinance) and Ricochet. I tend to like smaller maps, as big maps always have my least favourite vehicles. My favourite H4 maps are Perdition, Pitfall, and Monolith. My favourite weapon in the magnum. If you haven’t guessed yet, I’m a close combat person. I do however, try to be a jack of all trades. (even though I’m best with my Fists) I don’t really use my mic, but I would probably be better if I used it. My favourite AA is the Hologram. Its almost like there’s 2 of me (see what I did there)

Well, I’m a lone wolf, DMR, LR, and Sniper Master. I like to stick around a lot on BTB, and sometimes I tend to save everyone’s life since most of them like to be a “Leroy Jenkins”. However, I’m also big with Inf Slayer and Regicide. I, also tend to mess around in Grifball, but after the teams i kept getting paired up with, i dropped it.

I usually stick to Team Throwdown in Halo 4. While I don’t have a team, the people there are far more likely to use their mics than others, so lack of communication never really becomes an issue.

I don’t really place myself in any one specialized position. If a sniper spawned, and no one is around, I’ll temporarily be the team’s sniper. If there’s a shotgun, I’ll be the guy who rushes in. After all, versatility is the best trait a player can have.

CTF because I hate team based slayer. I always play alone so this can be frustrating at times.

Well I’ve always preferred FFA to team and but I can’t stand rumble pit in this game because of the max player count, instant respawn, slow recharge time, power weapons etc. It’s just a huge cluster -Yoink- and despite the numerous posts in the feedback section wanting it 6 players 343 is either ignoring us or are simply too slow (big surprise) at making the change. I would of thought that when regicide was moved to rumble pit they would’ve made the change since regicide is a 6 player gametype.

I play Grifball and Ricochet. In Grifball I play alone and just go for kills but in Ricochet I always go for the objective.

Sorry if that was short but thats all.

@The 2nd Gemini: I am horrible when it comes to holograms; I always fall for them, lol! That tea-bagging addition 343 Industries gave hologram is very neat too. I probably have made more kills with my fists than anything else (not entirely sure in Halo 4, but in Halo: Reach I guarantee it).

@Riot Rojas: You sound like someone I need covering my 6. I actually have a friend who screams, “Leeeroy Jennnkinnnsss.” He is hilarious. Anyway, I respect you mentioned you use a DMR over a BR. I feel that many people moved on to the BR once the weapon-balance update hit.

@AlphaBenson: I agree with you; being able to adapt is very important. I love those rare moments I run out of ammo for both weapons and scavenge for weapons to continue my “rain of terror.” lol

@C a l y s o: I see; well, I’m sure there are reasons why 343 hasn’t made the change. Hopefully, the next Halo title will allow for both worlds to exist a bit better (the “casual” and “competitive” sides). Are you usually a flag runner?

@ Genki VII: Hey, no problem; much respect for those two playlists. I find myself getting adrenaline rushes more often on those play-lists. :stuck_out_tongue:

im all about the campaign and the lore.

when online i prefer slayer or capture the flag but ricochet was a pleasant surprise as well.

@ZombieFrogHorde: Although I own all the Halo titles, I have yet to read any of the books. I’ve seen most of the “comic videos” on the Halo Waypoint webtsite and find myself enjoying the Halo universe. I really hope I can start reading the books this December. I feel that Ricochet is a great addition to Halo 4 and really hope it stays in the Playlists longer. :slight_smile:

> @The 2nd Gemini: I am horrible when it comes to holograms; I always fall for them, lol! That tea-bagging addition 343 Industries gave hologram is very neat too. I probably have made more kills with my fists than anything else (not entirely sure in Halo 4, but in Halo: Reach I guarantee it).
>
> @Riot Rojas: You sound like someone I need covering my 6. I actually have a friend who screams, “Leeeroy Jennnkinnnsss.” He is hilarious. Anyway, I respect you mentioned you use a DMR over a BR. I feel that many people moved on to the BR once the weapon-balance update hit.
>
> @AlphaBenson: I agree with you; being able to adapt is very important. I love those rare moments I run out of ammo for both weapons and scavenge for weapons to continue my “rain of terror.” lol
>
> @C a l y s o: I see; well, I’m sure there are reasons why 343 hasn’t made the change. Hopefully, the next Halo title will allow for both worlds to exist a bit better (the “casual” and “competitive” sides). Are you usually a flag runner?
>
> @ Genki VII: Hey, no problem; much respect for those two playlists. I find myself getting adrenaline rushes more often on those play-lists. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m more of a slayer but I’ll do whatever it takes as long as my team isn’t incompetent.