Let Us Go Weaponless!!

For truly fun and immersive Custom Games in Halo 4 (Basketball, Ultimate Frisbee by throwing the bomb, Hide and Seek, etc.), there’s one thing I’d absolutely love to see. We should have the ability to spawn without a weapon. Running around without a weapon, playing some Spartan sports, or Hide and Seek would be a lot of fun, and looks better than everybody just using plasma pistols. Not to mention, it would be fantastic for Machinimas. Absolutely perfect.

Not only would it be useful in Custom Games, but Campaign too. In Halo CE and Halo 2, the game started with Chief being unarmed - something very rare in the Halo series. Now, 343 is trying to make Chief more “human”, and we can see him socking a Promethean Knight in the face with his fist in the E3 demo. If you want to make Chief vulnerable, realistic, and strong, I say take away his weapon in the Campaign at least once or twice. Allow us to drop weapons by holding RB (action button) for a few seconds. That will also satisfy the fans who want to see teammate weapon swapping, like in Campaign. Allow us to melee, too. We can already punch with the Energy Sword, when it’s out of ammo. Just use that animation, but take away the sword’s handle. There. Chief-punch. Even the Plasma Pistol has a melee attack in Reach where you simply punch the enemy. No weapon needed! Not to mention, assassinations without a weapon would feel ten times as badass.

TL;DR, Benefits of going weaponless:
>More immersive Campaign
>More human and vulnerable Chief
>Weapon dropping and swapping
>Punching without a weapon (already kind of in Reach, w/ no ammo sword and Plasma Pistol)
>Better-looking custom games
>Better-functioning custom games in general (racing, hide and seek, sporting events)
>Badass assassinations
>Cooler screenshots
>Extremely necessary for Machinimas

A few extra animations, and a little bit more coding can go a seriously long way.

People who agree:

“Let them have guns” Parody of Marie Antoinette’s famous quote.(anyone get this?)

i agree, weaponless would be good

Pretty sure lowering your weapon has been confirmed, as well as being able to drop your weapon.

Just a preemptive/friendly reminder but your “people who agree” makes this look suspiciously like a petition…which isn’t allowed.

Carry on.

> Just a preemptive/friendly reminder but your “people who agree” makes this look suspiciously like a petition…which isn’t allowed.
>
> Carry on.

I thought someone already did that with the Elites in Multiplayer forum, or am I just mistaken?

It would be nice. Especially if it was closer to CE where your hands are at you sides and not in some odd zombie stance like H2/H3 unless you could melee and throw grenades

> Pretty sure lowering your weapon has been confirmed, as well as being able to drop your weapon.

Really ? do you have a link ? I figured lowered would return, but i never heard of weapon dropping.

No weapon Custom Games!? We could have a Boxing gametype?! XD

> > Pretty sure lowering your weapon has been confirmed, as well as being able to drop your weapon.
>
> Really ? do you have a link ? I figured lowered would return, but i never heard of weapon dropping.

I do believe it was at RTX, during the live Rooster Teeth podcast, someone asked it. It was lowering your weapon and something else, I thought it might have been weapon dropping, but I dunno.

Okay, so in the Rooster Teeth Podcast from RTX (#174), at about 60:00 someone asked if RT had any influence on Halo 4. There was some banter and at 60:45 Frankie answers about animation support and he casually threw in lowering weapons. A little after that, Gus asks Frankie didn’t he confirm dropping weapons on his panel.

I think he might talk more about that during the question period of the Halo 4 panel at RTX.

I 100% agree. going weaponless would be awesome for custom games and making machinimas etc. Im not sure which pose would be best for it but he could just have his fists raised and when you do the lower weapon thing he could look like he did in halo:CE

I just don’t see a real gameplay purpose, besides the silly custom game opportunities. And if you really didn’t want a select group of people to be able to do damage, give them a sword and set their damage to 0. To me, that seems like a more sensible solution.

I also think that it would be a good idea for infection. That way, the zombies would look more like zombies instead of green guys with energy swords.

http://www.halo.xbox.com/en-us/universe/Detail/rtx-halo-4-panel/a7cf6abd-bd5b-486b-8be8-bdfe8ed94d20 The Halo 4 Panel at RTX (39:37 Kynan answers the question about weapon dropping / lowering)

http://roosterteeth.com/podcast/episode.php?id=174 The RT live Podcast

The Halo 4 panel offers a direct answer to it, I’d check that one.

People have wanted a way to be weaponless without using the glitches/secret codes since halo 2 for machinima’s and custom games so i’ll be disspointed if there’s no option for it in custom games in halo 4.

I agree 100%! I would love that so much! I can’t even begin to think how many different fun-filled custom games people would make! I really hope 343i adds this!

I’d say that if there is a need to do a secret code to get rid of your weapon, that is just fine. Make it simple though 343.