Let us Choose!

I have been watching halo 5 arena multiplayer live streams all day, and finally got to see the playlists in action! Breakout is super out of place in arena, and people searching for classic halo 5 will not be happy being forced to play it. I personally like breakout, but i also want to choose if i want to play it or not. In Jericho’s twitch stream they got breakout 3 times in a row, which is torture for people who dislike the game type. This isn’t hate this is more like community feedback, don’t get too angry in the replies.

I agree that Breakout shouldnt be in objectives.

I disagree that voting/vetoing should return

I like breakout, so I don’t care.

Wait, there isn’t a separate Breakout playlist? Even the beta had it’s own playlist right?

> 2533274800649288;4:
> Wait, there isn’t a separate Breakout playlist? Even the beta had it’s own playlist right?

There is but Breakout is also in objectives, which I assume is the issue here

That’s lame… but that’s also what I would expect from a random playlist.

no voting but I agree about breakout.

Voting is great.

> 2533274989075657;1:
> I have been watching halo 5 arena multiplayer live streams all day, and finally got to see the playlists in action! Breakout is super out of place in arena, and people searching for classic halo 5 will not be happy being forced to play it. I personally like breakout, but i also want to choose if i want to play it or not. In Jericho’s twitch stream they got breakout 3 times in a row, which is torture for people who dislike the game type. This isn’t hate this is more like community feedback, don’t get too angry in the replies.

They lumped all the paylist together in the pre-release so people can actually find games. Remember, there’s only like 50 people playing it right now and if they had seperate playlist, all those 50 would be split and and nobody could play a game.

> 2533274816438590;8:
> Voting is great.

The voting causes people to play the same 3 maps on a loop forever, MCC is ruined for me because it has over 100 maps but I barely see more than 10 across all the games, same with game modes. I have yet to play a match on most of my favourite maps yet I literally got H2 coagulation for the first time in about 3 months the other day.

Josh said if it gets a lot of negative feedback they’ll remove it.

I like voting but only if its randomized playlists for ties. Unlike previously when it was just the left most option

> They lumped all the paylist together in the pre-release so people can actually find games. Remember, there’s only like 50 people playing it right now and if they had seperate playlist, all those 50 would be split and and nobody could play a game.

You would be wrong. They intentionally added breakout to the team arena playlist because it’s basically the hcs line-up. However if it gets a lot of negative feedback they’ll remove it.

As for the playlist at launch they’re intentionally starting with a limited number of playlist and have a weekend social playlist. If there is a mode that is extremely popular in the weekend social playlist it has a high chance of becoming a permanent game mode with its own playlist in matchmaking.

> 2533274803562826;10:
> > 2533274816438590;8:
> > Voting is great.
>
>
> The voting causes people to play the same 3 maps on a loop forever, MCC is ruined for me because it has over 100 maps but I barely see more than 10 across all the games, same with game modes. I have yet to play a match on most of my favourite maps yet I literally got H2 coagulation for the first time in about 3 months the other day.

Ditto. Because most of the time it’s: standoff, ragnarok, ragnarok, valhalla, valhalla, ragnarok, standoff, standoff, standoff, valhalla, standoff, exile, valhalla, standoff
In the words of the simpsons: DEMOCRACY DOESNT WORK.

Just like Moose said above me, they are just consolidating everything into one playlist for the review copies, that is not how it will be in the final product.
And also, letting the waypoint community choose what they want wouldn’t be wise, there’s a lot of ignorance on these forums, would not want to see that displayed in Halo 5.

I agree, Breakout be on it’s own like it was in the beta.

Voting creates a situation like MCC, where Halo 3 is voted EVERY TIME. So no.

Breakout is not in objectives, it’s in Team Arena, which is modeled after HCS. Team Arena has team slayer as well. So we very much do need a Team Objective playlist still. As much as I’m not interested in breakout, I hope it doesn’t have a high probability in Team Arena. It already has its own playlist, so it doesn’t need to be shoved down our throats in TA.

Breakout should stay in Team Arena, because what HEAV3NLY DEMON already said, but a alternative, objektive based playlist should be added afterwards…