Let us choose who to play as

Well, where it’s appropriate, of course. Obviously for your initial run through the campaign you have to play as the Chief. But plenty of other games in the past have had rewards for playing the game through once and let you customise or change your character for multiple runs. Resident Evil 4 and Predator Concrete Jungle come to mind. So how about giving players the option to play through Infinite again as another character, like Locke or Jorge or the Arbiter? Or maybe change how the Chief looks, giving him either Mark V, Mark VI or Mark VI Gen 2?

As well as this, you could choose who you play as during splitscreen/online co-op. So you and your friends can decide to fight alongside your Master Chief as Noble Team, or Blue Team or Osiris.

Now I know that’s probably a big ask, but I figured it would make for an interesting incentive to replay the game instead of RNG slot machines.

wouldn’t that break the story of characters talking to each other in the cutscenes if your character keeps changing? Or will they be forced take the destiny approach where you don’t talk? Or the halo 5 approach where you have too many character to even make an impact to the story?

i feel like halo 1 and 3 did it best. Before anyone brings it up, halo reach was just generic spartan boy/girl which holds complete different character behavior than Locke, arbiter, Jorge and mix match Chief like you are suggesting.

Now if this goes over something like Spartan Ops 2, then yea idc it’ll be fine for those standards. For the official campaign I feel like it’ll just be fan service for the sake of fan service.

> 2533274909139271;2:
> wouldn’t that break the story of characters talking to each other in the cutscenes if your character keeps changing? Or will they be forced take the destiny approach where you don’t talk? Or the halo 5 approach where you have too many character to even make an impact to the story?
>
> i feel like halo 1 and 3 did it best. Before anyone brings it up, halo reach was just generic spartan boy/girl which holds complete different character behavior than Locke, arbiter, Jorge and mix match Chief like you are suggesting.
>
> Now if this goes over something like Spartan Ops 2, then yea idc it’ll be fine for those standards. For the official campaign I feel like it’ll just be fan service for the sake of fan service.

There are certain cases where games have alternate dialogue depending on who you’ve chosen. Varying from simple gender identification to whole names and even noting personalities and identifications of the character you’re using. Games like this are pretty rare though as most developers choose to stick with either gender or just one character.

As someone has said above me, all that’d do is break story. The game is already confirmed to centre around the Chief, if you were to play as Locke instead, the story wouldn’t make any sense. Lock doesn’t have any emotional attachment to Cortana, or Halsey, or necessarily the Arbiter, or Lasky, etc. (all characters I think will have a major role in the story).

For co-op I like how it was done in Halo 3: a couple extra “characters” joined Chief along side the Arbiter. Chief is still there, and the other’s don’t fill different roles than they do normally.

With many of the non-traditional ideas I see proposed, they can be attempted in a spin-off, but a mainline Halo should remain as a traditional Halo game has for almost 2 decades. We can see how mixing it up a little went for H5.

> 2533274909139271;2:
> wouldn’t that break the story of characters talking to each other in the cutscenes if your character keeps changing? Or will they be forced take the destiny approach where you don’t talk? Or the halo 5 approach where you have too many character to even make an impact to the story?
>
> i feel like halo 1 and 3 did it best. Before anyone brings it up, halo reach was just generic spartan boy/girl which holds complete different character behavior than Locke, arbiter, Jorge and mix match Chief like you are suggesting.
>
> Now if this goes over something like Spartan Ops 2, then yea idc it’ll be fine for those standards. For the official campaign I feel like it’ll just be fan service for the sake of fan service.

> 2533274909712896;4:
> As someone has said above me, all that’d do is break story. The game is already confirmed to centre around the Chief, if you were to play as Locke instead, the story wouldn’t make any sense. Lock doesn’t have any emotional attachment to Cortana, or Halsey, or necessarily the Arbiter, or Lasky, etc. (all characters I think will have a major role in the story).
>
> For co-op I like how it was done in Halo 3: a couple extra “characters” joined Chief along side the Arbiter. Chief is still there, and the other’s don’t fill different roles than they do normally.
>
> With many of the non-traditional ideas I see proposed, they can be attempted in a spin-off, but a mainline Halo should remain as a traditional Halo game has for almost 2 decades. We can see how mixing it up a little went for H5.

Well it wouldnt break the story because you’d already know it. As they OP said you get the option to play as an alternative character when you’ve completed the campaign once.

If you don’t want to play as a different character then don’t. If you do go for it you know the story already and you know it’s not canon if you use a different character, you’re just playing for the action and game play this time around.

Lost planet 2 did this and it ever broke the story for me because I already knew it, when you played as the femme fetale it was weird because all dialogue is male in that game but no one cared because they knew the story already.

> As well as this, you could choose who you play as during splitscreen/online co-op. So you and your friends can decide to fight alongside your Master Chief as Noble Team, or Blue Team or Osiris.

I liked the Halo 3 approach better, where it was predetermined that Player 2 would be Arbiter. If Infinite does have a permanent companion like that (maybe Locke or even Arbiter again), it’d be better not to add other characters for 4-player co-op in my opinion. Halo 5 had way too many characters talking over each other and it was handled much more poorly than the battle cries/subtle dialogue from H3.

I’ve an idea. How about on your first run, you play Chief’s story, focusing an entire Campaign on him and Blue Team if you want. One entire Chief story. Then, once you’re done with that, you’re given the choice to continue playing Campaign, but on Locke’s side of the story, full Locke Campaign. Then, Arby’s side, so full Arby Campaign. Then, once you’re done with all of those, you get the true ending of the game, which shows how all sides tie into each other. Think like a NieR Automata-esque handling of the Campaign content.

i actually like the idea. it gives extra replay value.

obviously you would need to do some extra dialouge for the different characters.
also: the first time you play the story you should have to play as the chief or whoever the main character is (i know, HI will be chief, but this point is more like general speaking). this first playthrough would have to be the canon story, but there is nothing to say against non-canon story with different protagonists (would also maybe a good nod to locke/arbiter/whoever fans in my opinion)
this way it wouldn’t break the story. to not break the story you would have to take out co-op in H:CE and H2, bc in that storys there was only chief and not another spartan, so there is really nothing to say against that idea imo

I believe Blue team will be the co-op characters,so 343 will probably just narrow it down to them being the only other playable/switchable characters.I’d like it if Arbiter and Locke are also playable characters,but I wouldn’t bet on it.

I partially agree with your armour changing suggestion.For Chief,they should stick solely to the Mk-VI and give players the ability to choose on whether they want the classic or new armour design.

well… for the h5 campaign people were saying that there wasn’t enough chief… for Halo Inf i think that the majority of the campaign should be spent around chief…

> 2533274979619629;10:
> well… for the h5 campaign people were saying that there wasn’t enough chief… for Halo Inf i think that the majority of the campaign should be spent around chief…

343 confirmed that the game is centred around Chief, and that he’s the sole protagonist.

> 2533274909712896;11:
> > 2533274979619629;10:
> > well… for the h5 campaign people were saying that there wasn’t enough chief… for Halo Inf i think that the majority of the campaign should be spent around chief…
>
> 343 confirmed that the game is centred around Chief, and that he’s the sole protagonist.

thats good