Let us at least spawn 1 grunt in forge :)

I just wanna shoot at least one enemy ai in the face in halo 5 forge just let me put a little grunt in there somewhere maybe boost his health to 10000hp and have him equip a spartan laser or fuelrod it would be glorious. Or an elite and pretend that his the arbiter and just fight him 1v1 how cool would that be just one tinzy tiny ai enemy to fight in forge just one cmon I know u want to

i wish I could reply to everyone but I got a 5 post limit so instead I will be replying thru here and to tie you over here is a little video

also I remember in the campaign when you turn on a skull and they would have funny dialogue there funny regardless I think lol. I remember as well that there was a secret grunt marine hidden in a level somewhere

Grunts are hilarious. I like how they have them say ridiculous things

i know there is a mod for ai on pc so i doubt it’s that hard to implement

Chances of 343i adding AI into forge to Halo 5 is pretty slim. You’re better off advocating AI in Forge for Halo 6.

Edit:
Your idea is awesome but you know what I said on top.

It would be even cooler to have a grunt AI that follows you around and you can command him to interact with forge objects. He could have funny lines as well, such as giving him a grunt prop.

Agreed. Halo 5 needs AI for forge maps. I just want to 1v1 a grunt mech or warden eternal, nothing more. Or maybe a boss arena with 16 players (all using BRs) vs the warden. Something like that.

I miss the old grunts tbh they use to be so cute and funny. Halo 4 made them actual enemies now and I was sad

Not something that can be added to Halo 5 in it’s life cycle, but it is something the forge team have been interested in getting working in future Halo games :slight_smile:

As a side note, please don’t discuss modding thanks

> 2535416253603787;5:
> It would be even cooler to have a grunt AI that follows you around and you can command him to interact with forge objects. He could have funny lines as well, such as giving him a grunt prop.

Reminded me of Arby levels from Halo 2 running with grunts (Elites, Jackals and Hunters) as squad mates. Custom campaign (score attack) where I can swap out Osiris members for Grunts…

On topic, I’d love AI in forge in future Halo titles but would even settle for customizable AI in firefight like Reach did so well.

> 2535447040399614;3:
> i know there is a mod for ai on pc so i doubt it’s that hard to implement

For modders, no, since they don’t have to meet the standards required by a company. But for the Forge team to fine-tune everything to the point where they feel satisfied to release it to the general public, it’s not as easy as you’d think. Gamecheat13 explains it better here.

Nice Idea

> 2533274813317074;8:
> Not something that can be added to Halo 5 in it’s life cycle, but it is something the forge team have been interested in getting working in future Halo games :slight_smile:
>
> As a side note, please don’t discuss modding thanks

Are you sure! They just a announced there remastering the entire game for the xbox one x so I think it’s totally possible in halo 5 this late in its life cycle. And why no mod talk about ai and having fun what are u a moderator or run police

> 2533274856937747;12:
> > 2533274813317074;8:
> > Not something that can be added to Halo 5 in it’s life cycle, but it is something the forge team have been interested in getting working in future Halo games :slight_smile:
> >
> > As a side note, please don’t discuss modding thanks
>
> Are you sure! They just a announced there remastering the entire game for the xbox one x so I think it’s totally possible in halo 5 this late in its life cycle. And why no mod talk about ai and having fun what are u a moderator or run police

Talk about poking the hornet’s nest.

Tom French has expressed his desire to “do it right” if they ever do decide to add AI to forge. Let’s hope for Halo 6!

> 2533274810001991;13:
> > 2533274856937747;12:
> > > 2533274813317074;8:
> > > Not something that can be added to Halo 5 in it’s life cycle, but it is something the forge team have been interested in getting working in future Halo games :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > As a side note, please don’t discuss modding thanks
> >
> > Are you sure! They just a announced there remastering the entire game for the xbox one x so I think it’s totally possible in halo 5 this late in its life cycle. And why no mod talk about ai and having fun what are u a moderator or run police
>
> Talk about poking the hornet’s nest.
>
> Tom French has expressed his desire to “do it right” if they ever do decide to add AI to forge. Let’s hope for Halo 6!

Lol how can you do it wrong with adding only one enemy ai? it can already be done with exuberant nothing crazy, heck I think they should just add the rest of halo 5 to pc since there already working on remastering the campaign and warzone for Xbox x.

> 2533274856937747;12:
> > 2533274813317074;8:
> > Not something that can be added to Halo 5 in it’s life cycle, but it is something the forge team have been interested in getting working in future Halo games :slight_smile:
> >
>
> Are you sure! They just a announced there remastering the entire game for the xbox one x so I think it’s totally possible in halo 5 this late in its life cycle. And why no mod talk about ai and having fun what are u a moderator or run police

Remastering the game (and it’s not even really a full remaster, just a performance upgrade) and adding a completely new feature that is as complex as an AI are completely different things. As for discussing modding, it’s against forum rules to discuss modding or hacking. You can read more in the Forum Rules linked below in my signature.

> 2533274856937747;14:
> > 2533274810001991;13:
> > > 2533274856937747;12:
> > > > 2533274813317074;8:
> > > > Not something that can be added to Halo 5 in it’s life cycle, but it is something the forge team have been interested in getting working in future Halo games :slight_smile:
> > > >
> > > > As a side note, please don’t discuss modding thanks
> > >
> > > Are you sure! They just a announced there remastering the entire game for the xbox one x so I think it’s totally possible in halo 5 this late in its life cycle. And why no mod talk about ai and having fun what are u a moderator or run police
> >
> > Talk about poking the hornet’s nest.
> >
> > Tom French has expressed his desire to “do it right” if they ever do decide to add AI to forge. Let’s hope for Halo 6!
>
> Lol how can you do it wrong with adding only one enemy ai? it can already be done with exuberant nothing crazy, heck I think they should just add the rest of halo 5 to pc since there already working on remastering the campaign and warzone for Xbox x.

Lots of things could go wrong, even if you do add a single AI to forge. And, as I said before, just because a modder or group of modders managed to put together a basic AI for Halo 5 doesn’t mean that it would fit the standards that Tom French and the Forge team have. Generally, as long as it works, modders will take it. But as far as a professional team of developers goes, they have standards that they hold themselves up to.

As far as adding the rest of Halo 5 to PC, that’s probably not going to happen. It’s possible, but unlikely, since the intent of creating Halo 5: Forge on PC was as an extension of Halo 5 to allow people to Forge on the PC for whatever reason they want, be it a preference for keyboard and mouse controls or just a preference for PC in general.

> 2533274856937747;12:
> > 2533274813317074;8:
> >
>

Because the Forge team have already commented that it’s not something they can do in the life cycle of the game. Updating assets to 4k and allowing Ai in forge are not comparable. They want to make sure they get it right which is going to take time.

Discussing modding is not allowed per the forum rules set by 343

> 2533274813317074;16:
> > 2533274856937747;12:
> > > Not something that can be added to Halo 5 in it’s life cycle, but it is something the forge team have been interested in getting working in future Halo games :slight_smile:
> > >
> >
> > Are you sure! They just a announced there remastering the entire game for the xbox one x so I think it’s totally possible in halo 5 this late in its life cycle. And why no mod talk about ai and having fun what are u a moderator or run police
>
> Because the Forge team have already commented that it’s not something they can do in the life cycle of the game. Updating assets to 4k and allowing Ai in forge are not comparable. They want to make sure they get it right which is going to take time.
>
> Discussing modding is not allowed per the forum rules set by 343

Not only updating assets to 4K but I’m talking about the whole campaign and warzone to pc since there already working with the assets, and just slap a 39.99 price tag or even a full$60 and ur golden. As far as forge ai it could be like a custom firefight setup since we only have custom multiplayer on pc. Which brings be back to the point of just porting the whole dang thing over to profit and give to the pc community before the big halo 6 announce is gonna happen if it happens.

> 2535437652903765;15:
> > 2533274856937747;12:
> > >
> >
>
> Remastering the game (and it’s not even really a full remaster, just a performance upgrade) and adding a completely new feature that is as complex as an AI are completely different things. As for discussing modding, it’s against forum rules to discuss modding or hacking. You can read more in the Forum Rules linked below in my signature.
>
>
> > 2533274856937747;14:
> > > 2533274810001991;13:
> > > > 2533274856937747;12:
> > > > > 2533274813317074;8:
> > > > > Not something that can be added to Halo 5 in it’s life cycle, but it is something the forge team have been interested in getting working in future Halo games :slight_smile:
> > > > >
> > > > > As a side note, please don’t discuss modding thanks
> > > >
> > > > Are you sure! They just a announced there remastering the entire game for the xbox one x so I think it’s totally possible in halo 5 this late in its life cycle. And why no mod talk about ai and having fun what are u a moderator or run police
> > >
> > > Talk about poking the hornet’s nest.
> > >
> > > Tom French has expressed his desire to “do it right” if they ever do decide to add AI to forge. Let’s hope for Halo 6!
> >
> > Lol how can you do it wrong with adding only one enemy ai? it can already be done with exuberant nothing crazy, heck I think they should just add the rest of halo 5 to pc since there already working on remastering the campaign and warzone for Xbox x.
>
> Lots of things could go wrong, even if you do add a single AI to forge. And, as I said before, just because a modder or group of modders managed to put together a basic AI for Halo 5 doesn’t mean that it would fit the standards that Tom French and the Forge team have. Generally, as long as it works, modders will take it. But as far as a professional team of developers goes, they have standards that they hold themselves up to.
>
> As far as adding the rest of Halo 5 to PC, that’s probably not going to happen. It’s possible, but unlikely, since the intent of creating Halo 5: Forge on PC was as an extension of Halo 5 to allow people to Forge on the PC for whatever reason they want, be it a preference for keyboard and mouse controls or just a preference for PC in general.

1. Never underestimate the force 2.343 is yoda