Let the scarabs return

They return. The scarabs in firefight

Honestly, having a scarab drop in, like they did in Halo 3, Warzone would be the BEST thing to ever happen to it. I like this idea. A scarab boss! Classic, challenging, engaging, and fun. It wouldn’t get much better if these were even in Warzone in the first place.

Edit:

Sadly, this I KNOW will not be added into Halo 5. Maps don’t have enough space. Frankly, too many people would complain about it being either too hard, or just a dumb addition in the end. Never give up these creative ideas though! Who knows how it will affect the upcoming Halos.

A scarab boss would be awesome. It’s been brought up several times in the past so hopefully 343 already knows a lot of people want this.

I can tell you why the Scarab hasn’t been in Halo 4 and 5.

Real honest to god reason? Thing’s too hard to program in 343i’s tight schedules. See, in Halo 4, we had the Lich. It was functionally a Scarab, but with no moving parts and it possessed zero AI. The Kraken in Halo 5 is 100% scripted and is just a big fat setpiece.

Bungie really pushed the envelope with the Scarab. It’s one of the biggest AIs in a shooter, period, and they function incredibly well. It’s hard to imitate that, and to develop further unto it. That’s the thing, 343i wants to outdo their predecessors.

But they can’t. Not on this issue. They do not have the time or resources.

This would be really cool to see but by how the Covenant fell apart, it would make sense that a scarab would be rare to come by due to the amount of resources and Lekgolo needed too operate one they must be very costly to create and lose

> 2535406661860137;5:
> This would be really cool to see but by how the Covenant fell apart, it would make sense that a scarab would be rare to come by due to the amount of resources and Lekgolo needed too operate one they must be very costly to create and lose

Warzone is a simulation so they could technically add anything they wanted.

I agree with Lackwit. If they did put one in, it would most likely be something like the Kraken and just be a scripted item which wouldn’t be as fun.

I think the maps would have to be a bit bigger to put a scarab in. But yeah it would be a good idea.

> 2533274805075298;4:
> I can tell you why the Scarab hasn’t been in Halo 4 and 5.
>
> Real honest to god reason? Thing’s too hard to program in 343i’s tight schedules. See, in Halo 4, we had the Lich. It was functionally a Scarab, but with no moving parts and it possessed zero AI. The Kraken in Halo 5 is 100% scripted and is just a big fat setpiece.
>
> Bungie really pushed the envelope with the Scarab. It’s one of the biggest AIs in a shooter, period, and they function incredibly well. It’s hard to imitate that, and to develop further unto it. That’s the thing, 343i wants to outdo their predecessors.
>
> But they can’t. Not on this issue. They do not have the time or resources.

Now I am 100% positive this is the reason. Scarabs are really big and they are also AI so that makes them hard to put in and deal with.

But the current scarab is way too easy to kill. If they were to put one into 6 it would have to be structured a bit differently. And I do support the scarab coming back btw.

I don’t see the Scarab as a very good multiplayer enemy.

You can board it and blow up the generator, but with the way that Warzone and Warzone Firefight work, to me, it seems like that’ll be too easy and unsatisfying.

Then there’s always just getting rid of the “break important stuff inside” angle of gameplay and turning it into what amounts to a large infantry unit, but then it’ll be tedious to fight and it won’t really feel like fighting a Scarab, in my opinion.

Maybe someone can convince me otherwise, but, as it is, I don’t see the Scarab working well in MP.

> 2533274856011418;2:
> Honestly, having a scarab drop in, like they did in Halo 3, Warzone would be the BEST thing to ever happen to it. I like this idea. A scarab boss! Classic, challenging, engaging, and fun. It wouldn’t get much better if these were even in Warzone in the first place.

Scarabs are not challenging in the slightest. They were distractions at best, annoyances at worst.

The only real enemy is the amount of ammo you have, which is circumvented by having a vehicle or a marine to carry around with a decent weapon. As long as you’re behind one decent piece of cover, it can’t do anything to you.

And defeating it is as simple as “shooting the glowy piece on it’s back”, which is why you were only given an air vehicle for one encounter.

In multiplayer where there’s between 8-24 of you, one person get’s the Scarab’s attention, someone else uses a Wasp to shoot the back, Scarab instantly destroyed in under 10 seconds.

From a traditional standpoint, it might not be as fun to play against if you were able to board it and stuff although I did like shooting the legs aspect, but 343 could try something different with it if they were creative enough. Maybe use it in a different kind of game mode or something.

> 2533274833081329;10:
> > 2533274856011418;2:
> > Honestly, having a scarab drop in, like they did in Halo 3, Warzone would be the BEST thing to ever happen to it. I like this idea. A scarab boss! Classic, challenging, engaging, and fun. It wouldn’t get much better if these were even in Warzone in the first place.
>
> Scarabs are not challenging in the slightest. They were distractions at best, annoyances at worst.
>
> The only real enemy is the amount of ammo you have, which is circumvented by having a vehicle or a marine to carry around with a decent weapon. As long as you’re behind one decent piece of cover, it can’t do anything to you.
>
> And defeating it is as simple as “shooting the glowy piece on it’s back”, which is why you were only given an air vehicle for one encounter.
>
> In multiplayer where there’s between 8-24 of you, one person get’s the Scarab’s attention, someone else uses a Wasp to shoot the back, Scarab instantly destroyed in under 10 seconds.

I mean to make an argument here, Warzone bosses are buffed compared to their original. Plus, I mean it is HALO 5, and not HALO 3. There can be “changes” to make it tough. I didn’t say “Let’s make it EXACTLY like the original so it is an EZ round to come across!” I may have not said it the other way either, but it doesn’t mean you have to throw a full force of hate to the idea. :confused:

Edit:

It doesn’t mean you have to be not all about it. Sure, you can dislike scarabs personally, but it’s not the worst, compared to many.

> 2533274856011418;12:
> > 2533274833081329;10:
> > > 2533274856011418;2:
> > > Honestly, having a scarab drop in, like they did in Halo 3, Warzone would be the BEST thing to ever happen to it. I like this idea. A scarab boss! Classic, challenging, engaging, and fun. It wouldn’t get much better if these were even in Warzone in the first place.
> >
> > Scarabs are not challenging in the slightest. They were distractions at best, annoyances at worst.
> >
> > The only real enemy is the amount of ammo you have, which is circumvented by having a vehicle or a marine to carry around with a decent weapon. As long as you’re behind one decent piece of cover, it can’t do anything to you.
> >
> > And defeating it is as simple as “shooting the glowy piece on it’s back”, which is why you were only given an air vehicle for one encounter.
> >
> > In multiplayer where there’s between 8-24 of you, one person get’s the Scarab’s attention, someone else uses a Wasp to shoot the back, Scarab instantly destroyed in under 10 seconds.
>
> I mean to make an argument here, Warzone bosses are buffed compared to their original. Plus, I mean it is HALO 5, and not HALO 3. There can be “changes” to make it tough. I didn’t say “Let’s make it EXACTLY like the original so it is an EZ round to come across!” I may have not said it the other way either, but it doesn’t mean you have to throw a full force of hate to the idea. :confused:
>
> Edit:
>
> It doesn’t mean you have to be not all about it. Sure, you can dislike scarabs personally, but it’s not the worst, compared to many.

I’m not trying to say Scarabs are the worst idea, but by design the whole thing is just a giant slow moving turret of death with a weak point on the back.

Warzone bosses aren’t any harder than their regular versions other than the fact that they have more health and they do more damage. They aren’t more challenging to face, they just require you to throw more bullets at it. That’s why WZFF has a time limit.

What changes could you make that doesn’t end up changing the whole Scarab? You can make the weak point tougher, but that doesn’t make it any harder. I’d like to see it have other abilities like an EMP or a force field with generators around the map, but that’s starting to be out of Halo 5’s scope of possibilities.

> 2533274856011418;2:
> Honestly, having a scarab drop in, like they did in Halo 3, Warzone would be the BEST thing to ever happen to it. I like this idea. A scarab boss! Classic, challenging, engaging, and fun. It wouldn’t get much better if these were even in Warzone in the first place.
>
> Edit:
>
> Sadly, this I KNOW will not be added into Halo 5. Maps don’t have enough space. Frankly, too many people would complain about it being either too hard, or just a dumb addition in the end. Never give up these creative ideas though! Who knows how it will affect the upcoming Halos.

I’ve always imagined something of the sorts that you’ve talked about, and honestly it would be a great addition. Maybe Halo 6, if it has Warzone, could offer a larger field of play. Could that future yield scarabs in multiplayer? I sure hope so…

If the Banished are in Halo 6 there better be those badass scarabs as well. Miss the covenant scarabs as well. Would be so cool to fight them in H6 WZ.

> 2535437652903765;9:
> I don’t see the Scarab as a very good multiplayer enemy.
>
> You can board it and blow up the generator, but with the way that Warzone and Warzone Firefight work, to me, it seems like that’ll be too easy and unsatisfying.
>
> Then there’s always just getting rid of the “break important stuff inside” angle of gameplay and turning it into what amounts to a large infantry unit, but then it’ll be tedious to fight and it won’t really feel like fighting a Scarab, in my opinion.
>
> Maybe someone can convince me otherwise, but, as it is, I don’t see the Scarab working well in MP.

I disagree (woah this feels weird; I’m usually agreeing with everything you say), I feel like a larger more buffed up version of a scarab would work really well in Warzone Firefight. Of course the actual deck would have bigger and there would have to be some serious re-design to create some form of super-scarab which we all know is possible, especially considering Warzone will generally have canonical characters as its bosses.
Back on topic though, a wave system like Halo 2s scarab boarding would be brilliant with 7 other players ending with a mini boss before actually getting inside and having some players destroy it while others defend from boarding Covenant…

Okay that suggestion is a little extravagant but the Scarab could probably act more as a claustrophobic environment where you kill infantry to get inside and ‘breaking the important stuff’. The one issue with this system would be that this wouldn’t really work with other Warzone environments.

I could suggest plenty of other systems in which the Scarab would work, each with their flaws and successes but my main point is board a bigger scarab and fighting your way in would probably work.

> 2533274882881665;16:
> > 2535437652903765;9:
> > I don’t see the Scarab as a very good multiplayer enemy.
> >
> > You can board it and blow up the generator, but with the way that Warzone and Warzone Firefight work, to me, it seems like that’ll be too easy and unsatisfying.
> >
> > Then there’s always just getting rid of the “break important stuff inside” angle of gameplay and turning it into what amounts to a large infantry unit, but then it’ll be tedious to fight and it won’t really feel like fighting a Scarab, in my opinion.
> >
> > Maybe someone can convince me otherwise, but, as it is, I don’t see the Scarab working well in MP.
>
> I disagree (woah this feels weird; I’m usually agreeing with everything you say), I feel like a larger more buffed up version of a scarab would work really well in Warzone Firefight. Of course the actual deck would have bigger and there would have to be some serious re-design to create some form of super-scarab which we all know is possible, especially considering Warzone will generally have canonical characters as its bosses.

I did say that I don’t see the Scarab working well as it is (well, was). If the Scarab were to be redesigned heavily, I could see it working. But if it was, say, 90% the same as the Halo 3 Scarab, I just think that it wouldn’t fit in multiplayer.

> 2535437652903765;17:
> > 2533274882881665;16:
> > > 2535437652903765;9:
> > > I don’t see the Scarab as a very good multiplayer enemy.
> > >
> > > You can board it and blow up the generator, but with the way that Warzone and Warzone Firefight work, to me, it seems like that’ll be too easy and unsatisfying.
> > >
> > > Then there’s always just getting rid of the “break important stuff inside” angle of gameplay and turning it into what amounts to a large infantry unit, but then it’ll be tedious to fight and it won’t really feel like fighting a Scarab, in my opinion.
> > >
> > > Maybe someone can convince me otherwise, but, as it is, I don’t see the Scarab working well in MP.
> >
> > I disagree (woah this feels weird; I’m usually agreeing with everything you say), I feel like a larger more buffed up version of a scarab would work really well in Warzone Firefight. Of course the actual deck would have bigger and there would have to be some serious re-design to create some form of super-scarab which we all know is possible, especially considering Warzone will generally have canonical characters as its bosses.
>
> I did say that I don’t see the Scarab working well as it is (well, was). If the Scarab were to be redesigned heavily, I could see it working. But if it was, say, 90% the same as the Halo 3 Scarab, I just think that it wouldn’t fit in multiplayer.

… Can I just say I’m jet-lagged, tired and totally missed that?

It sounds cool. But they would have to implement it right… and well, with how some things have gone X_X