Let the Halo wars invasion begin

Yeah we gonna be taking up residence up in here hope you dont mind bros by the way I brought my cat hes not house trained but its ok cause he will be sleeping on your bed.

Now onto more pressing matters, will there be a Halo wars section added to the forums? There is going to be an immense amount of traffic coming this way and like it or not this one specific forum will be divided between Halo wars and Halo FPS.

Let’s not approach this community in an -Yoink!--hole-ish manner now. :stuck_out_tongue: As for the subforums, those are being discussed with the Community Leaders right now. This site is still in the beta, so it is entirely possible to get our own forum soon.

Seriously, the mods have already started to get the impression that we’re complainers and trouble makers. I’m perfectly fine as long as we get a subforum. I REALLY don’t want to shift through a bunch of team slayer and BTB posts to get to Halo Wars posts. They should really keep the stat-tracker though.

"…and now the flood gates will open"

Yeah, we’ll probably get a subforum. Notice how no one other than Halo Wars players have responded to any of our posts :wink:

I thought I was being polite. Just treating this place like Halowars.com you know trying to make myself feel at home.

I heard these forums have something called moderators thats going to be weird.

> Yeah, we’ll probably get a subforum. Notice how no one other than Halo Wars players have responded to any of our posts :wink:

There was one who said something about Halo Wars being a stripped down and bland RTS, but I politely pointed out the historical shift from the complex interface of PC FPS to the wild success of console FPS and how chess is a simple game but requires a pretty decent amount of strategy.

> I thought I was being polite. Just treating this place like Halowars.com you know trying to make myself feel at home.
>
> I heard these forums have something called moderators thats going to be weird.

Mods? That’s unheard of at the Halo Wars forums.

Copy and paste from a previous post.

I’m only stating wild speculation. Since posts can be tagged, what if there was a feature to view posts of a certain tag, so that instead of a dedicated sub-forum, you just click something like “View Halo Wars Topics” and it sorts them out for you. No need for a sub forum and we can all still mingle together.

> Copy and paste from a previous post.
>
> I’m only stating wild speculation. Since posts can be tagged, what if there was a feature to view posts of a certain tag, so that instead of a dedicated sub-forum, you just click something like “View Halo Wars Topics” and it sorts them out for you. No need for a sub forum and we can all still mingle together.

The Halo Wars community is persistent, but you’re a community leader so you should probably make the call.

My opionon is sub-forums.

>
> I’m only stating wild speculation. Since posts can be tagged, what if there was a feature to view posts of a certain tag, so that instead of a dedicated sub-forum, you just click something like “View Halo Wars Topics” and it sorts them out for you. No need for a sub forum and we can all still mingle together.

That would be excellent. Very good idea. :slight_smile:

> > Copy and paste from a previous post.
> >
> > I’m only stating wild speculation. Since posts can be tagged, what if there was a feature to view posts of a certain tag, so that instead of a dedicated sub-forum, you just click something like “View Halo Wars Topics” and it sorts them out for you. No need for a sub forum and we can all still mingle together.
>
> That would be excellent. Very good idea. :slight_smile:

Stop sucking up :slight_smile:

> I heard these forums have something called moderators thats going to be weird.

lolwut? There are mods here? They sound scary. :stuck_out_tongue:

Community Leaders are actually just regular fans who have taken up leadership positions.

> Seriously, the mods have already started to get the impression that we’re complainers and trouble makers. I’m perfectly fine as long as we get a subforum. I REALLY don’t want to shift through a bunch of team slayer and BTB posts to get to Halo Wars posts. They should really keep the stat-tracker though.

Aww… :frowning: Sorry if I gave you guys that impression, it’s actually quite the contrary. I love Halo, I love Halo Wars, and I love the Halo community–most importantly the members that it consists of. I especially like to meet new peeps who also love any and all aspects of Halo, Halo Wars included.

FYI, if you only want to read Halo Wars related topics, look for the Halo Wars logo on the left edge of a topic. Those logos help to differentiate the topic content.

While you can just read topics related to Halo Wars, I would highly encourage you to at least check out the fascinating posts in other forums, such as the “Fiction” forum.

> > I heard these forums have something called moderators thats going to be weird.
>
> lolwut? There are mods here? They sound scary. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Community Leaders are actually just regular fans who have taken up leadership positions.
>
>
>
> > Seriously, the mods have already started to get the impression that we’re complainers and trouble makers. I’m perfectly fine as long as we get a subforum. I REALLY don’t want to shift through a bunch of team slayer and BTB posts to get to Halo Wars posts. They should really keep the stat-tracker though.
>
> Aww… :frowning: Sorry if I gave you guys that impression, it’s actually quite the contrary. I love Halo, I love Halo Wars, and I love the Halo community–most importantly the members that it consists of. I especially like to meet new peeps who also love any and all aspects of Halo, Halo Wars included.
>
> FYI, if you only want to read Halo Wars related topics, look for the Halo Wars logo on the left edge of a topic. Those logos help to differentiate the topic content.
>
> While you can just read topics related to Halo Wars, I would highly encourage you to at least check out the fascinating posts in other forums, such as the “Fiction” forum.

Yes. As your counterpart suggested a sort function would be perfectly fine. Really it would benefit the entire website in addition to Halo Wars players. I think it’s something you should strongly suggest to your supervisors.

I realize that you’re a fan and not a programmer, but could you still suggest to your supervisors that they somehow keep the stat-tracker? As I said before, even a once-a-week update would be preferable to having none at all.

if there is a halo wars sub forum, the original halo wars forum users will migrate there and hopefully it will feel the same just my opinion, because thats what no one wants which is change (well me anyway, i imagine that too is the reason alot of halowars fans are angry) seeing halo wars threads mixed with halo threads is kind of iffy in my opinion, might aswell be on /v/ or ign.com/halo

just a little place to call home where anyone at any time can make the simplest of halo wars posts like the majority of mine which tend to go

Title: Arby banshee rush

Topic : how beat it ???

I then get helpfull replies from the lovely Halo wars community =D

I get the feeling if I made a topic like that here id get my -Yoink- slapped with a ban, you know with the moderators n all.

>

That would be perfect! And not only would it benefit the Halo Wars community, but everyone would gain from it, no matter how little of a gain it may be. And I’m pretty sure most of the Halo Wars players would be willing to make the compromise. I mean, a sub-forum would be great, but this way we can eliminate segregation all together. Again, everyone would gain.

> I realize that you’re a fan and not a programmer, but could you still suggest to your supervisors that they somehow keep the stat-tracker? As I said before, even a once-a-week update would be preferable to having none at all.

For clarification purposes: http://halo.xbox.com/forums/f/6/t/1423.aspx

“The Halo Waypoint Forums are officially managed by Administrators. On occasion, however, you may find certain members who have been selected to participate in the Community Leader program. These are members who have proven over time to be helpful on the forums and they are each designated with a specific user profile picture. While these members represent leaders in the Halo Waypoint community, they are not employees of 343 Industries or Microsoft Game Studios. Any posts they make or opinions they have are of their own, just as is the case with any member of the Halo Waypoint Forums.”

These forums are still in beta, the important part being new features are being worked on and will be released when they’re ready. In the meantime, this is probably your best option:

> FYI, if you only want to read Halo Wars related topics, look for the Halo Wars logo on the left edge of a topic. Those logos help to differentiate the topic content.

Remember to categorize your posts correctly so it works!

Although the HW tag will work, a sub forum for Halo Wars would be cool. But then we’d have to give all the other Halo titles their own forums… Clutter… Danggit. Guess I’ll just stick with the labeling of the thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to the forums, Halo Wars peeps. :slight_smile:

why cant i copy and paste
wheres my post count
no sigs?