Let’s give them something to talk about…

How about love?

Based on the title you may think I’m talking about Bonnie Raitt’s Something To Talk About but alas I am not.

I hope this random rant is not random and makes sense. It’s been quite a long day. Aside from the other threads of ranking system, sprint, loadouts, etc. I am talking about the following term. Memorable. If Halo 4 is to succeed it needs to be memorable. This includes the simple things of a game!

I am on a search of why Halo 3 has brought me countless memories of fun times while Halo: Reach has not delivered. It may be due to me growing older that I see things this way, but Halo: Reach hasn’t given me that memorable factor. I remember coming home from school and being able to play hours of Halo 3 straight. Whether with my buddies or going into MLG alone shudders I enjoyed every single game……to an extent :wink: Yes, I got frustrated with the BR spread, host booters, and derankers, but I still enjoyed it and came back each day. Glancing at File Share’s or showing clips in theater of ‘sweet’ plays. Memorable! Fun games of Big Team Battle, countless customs in Guardian, double experience ranked playlists, competitive Social Slayer, random custom zombies, etc. I’m not trying to advocate for certain things to be added or taken away I simply want whatever made Halo 3 memorable and fun for me to be there for Halo 4.

Today, I went searching YouTube for some Halo 3 material (montages, clips, etc). Everything seemed so much bigger. No longer do I stay up past midnight saying “one more game”. Rather, it is let us play a few games and leave. The flashy plays even seemed bigger. Many of my old buddies that I played Halo 3 with have left, but even now when I play games with friends it is just not the same. Even simply messing around is not the same. (Customs).

Theater: Make it four player viewable!

File Share: It may be just me, but I never few file shares anymore. Perhaps it’s because you cannot view in the lobby!

And hey if Halo: Reach has been memorable for you then great! No harm done there.

I cannot pin point each thing of why Halo 3 has been more memorable for me than Reach. Perhaps it’s me growing older and stuck in some kind of nostalgia loophole. Nostalgia, Nostalgia, Nostalgia! Perhaps it was the color pallet? Flashy plays looked better? Maps? Perhaps it was my journey from complete noob to OMGProZ (jk jk) in Halo 3 that brought the memories. The memories of being a near Staff Captain to the journey of a 50. Playing until 4am on a school night (Oh, high school how I miss thee).

Whatever it may be my hope is for Halo 4 to be memorable that we all may enjoy. I love you all.

[E]verybody [L]ove [E]verybody

I agree with you to a certain extent. While Halo: Reach hasn’t given me the same kind of memorable moments that Halo 3 has, it has managed to deliver some pretty satisfying plays.

Halo 3 truly was magical in every sense of the word, but I really do think that people like you and I do not get the same enjoyment out of Reach as we did with 3 simply because we are older than we were back then. I don’t know about you, but I’m 18 and done with my first year of college. When Halo 3 was in it’s prime I was starting high school.

A lot has changed for us, be it our perception of the world around us, the way we play games, or just our expectations of life in general. Alas, our time of child-like giddiness has passed, and will probably never come back. However, I do feel that Reach simply didn’t bring us back into the lore. Sure it was still Halo, but without the Chief it felt like a spin-off. I have a strange feeling that when Halo 4 comes out, people like us will play Halo 4 and think to themselves “One more game, just one more game” just as we did with Halo 3. While we may not feel the exact same way we did before, I think Halo 4 is going to come satisfyingly close.

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve found myself drifting more and more away from video games entirely and more on the future I want to secure. As it stands now, I’m only waiting for the day I don’t have any desire to continue playing…

If Halo 4 manages to be worse than Reach then it sure will be memorable.

> I agree with you to a certain extent. While Halo: Reach hasn’t given me the same kind of memorable moments that Halo 3 has, it has managed to deliver some pretty satisfying plays.
>
> Halo 3 truly was magical in every sense of the word, but I really do think that people like you and I do not get the same enjoyment out of Reach as we did with 3 simply because we are older than we were back then. I don’t know about you, but I’m 18 and done with my first year of college. When Halo 3 was in it’s prime I was starting high school.
>
> A lot has changed for us, be it our perception of the world around us, the way we play games, or just our expectations of life in general. Alas, our time of child-like giddiness has passed, and will probably never come back. However, I do feel that Reach simply didn’t bring us back into the lore. Sure it was still Halo, but without the Chief it felt like a spin-off. I have a strange feeling that when Halo 4 comes out, people like us will play Halo 4 and think to themselves “One more game, just one more game” just as we did with Halo 3. While we may not feel the exact same way we did before, I think Halo 4 is going to come satisfyingly close.

no dude, i was 29 when i played halo3, and i have that very exact feeling about both games, so i don´t think age means nothing here.

i am with you all pals, let´s hope reach was nothing but a ugly spot on a great universe full of epic and fun. let´s hope halo will be fun again!