Let HALO4 be HALO4

Lets stop this shall we?

Stop saying what YOU want in Halo4. It is pointless. Let Halo4 be the game it will be. When it comes out play it for the game it is, and make the best of it. Stop making false assumptions, whether positive or negative. There is no reason to WANT it to be a specific way. No game will ever be 100% the way one specific individual wants it to be. It is just best to let everything go, forget what you wanted, and let Halo4 be Halo4, I can make it any clearer than that. Is it really that hard to do?

If you do not accept a game for what it is, then you will not enjoy it.

When I play Halo4, I will not go into it expecting anything. I will play it for what it is and make the best I can from it. I will find what I enjoy, such as what weapons I am good with and what playlists I like most. I will not care how “Halo” it is, it will be a Halo game, period.

Stop comparing it to Reach or Halo3 or “that halo feel” or cod, or anything! Just start to embrace, embrace! Let Halo4 be Halo4. Let it stand as its own game, and let 343 do their job. Stop speculating and stick to what you know. But even if we had 100 times the info we have now, you will not know anything until you actually play Halo4. And when you do play it, let it be a game, its own game, and make the best of it.

And just note this, in same amount of the time (or more) that Bungie made ODST and Reach, 343i has been working on ONE game(aniversary was handled by another studio). Unlike Bungie which did not want to make Halo games after Halo3, 343i does want to make Halo games.

Why would you create an entire development team to take over some ones IP and NOT make the game similar to what you created and entire development team to develop…

This is what I don’t get. Its called HALO 4…should it not BE Halo?

Make H4 similar to Halo 3 but fix some of the problems that halo 3 had, and Bam! Perfect Game!

halo 4 can be halo 4 but just dont bring anything in Reach

OP is completely right. 343 needs room to be creative in Halo 4. I explain my thoughts on it here.

Also, I thought they did make Anniversary…?

I think the let Halo 4 be Halo 4 speech is getting really old…

We should all want this,

> I want a Halo 4 that keeps true to the original formula, while at the same time adds new features that reinforce the formula. There is no reason to abandon the formula that made and has kept Halo succesful, it’d be irrational. That’s why every change made should cooperate with the formula, guaranteeing gameplay that feels fresh while at the same time feeling like a true Halo game.

The fact of the matter is 343 probably knew how we would react for the most part, and until we actually know what their various new feature sets include they are not going to take our advice because we are overwhelming emotional and ignorant in our judgement. That’s not to say people’s individual arguments are ignorant or emotional, merely that what we perceive Halo 4 to be at this moment is. That said there are a couple of things that can be discussed through and through, such as sprint, but the other 99% which is Halo 4 is still hidden, and without the full picture we, as external critics, cannot accurately guess how everything will come together.

> Also, I thought they did make Anniversary…?

Published not developed, Saber did the Campaign, Certain Affinity did the MP maps.

People talking about starting as equals, the skill gap, etc. This is only a piece of Halo. Yes, the competitive community is important but so is the casual community and the noobs.

Halo needs to be like COD when you go into Social playlists. Casuals and noobs do not care about equal starts/etc. This is their playlist, put perks/make the gameplay faster/etc. make it easier like COD.

If you want competitive play there is MLG and Ranked. Seriously, two separate playlists. Ranked should be competitive but have some new elements and MLG will be the most competitive with a more classic feel.

Halo 4 should be designed for all in mind. I like playing Halo competitively but if all my friends are playing COD I am going to play COD…

TLDR: Let 343i get creative with the Social playlist, and let MLG have total control over MLG playlist. Ranked can be a hybrid that leans heavily towards MLG.

I’ve said it on other threads, I’ll say it here. What in the hell would, you guys that hate Reach and the direction of Halo 4, add to the game to make it feel fresh but yet somehow not break it in your eyes? NONE, and I mean none of you submit ideas except for “make it like halo 2 and 3 but add things”. First that’s not an idea and second, add what? I want to know. Otherwise let 343 do there jobs and bash there work when you have played it

> First that’s not an idea and second, add what? I want to know. Otherwise let 343 do there jobs and bash there work when you have played it

We don’t really want anything added to a certain extent, and if anything we want things covert back to how Halo 2 ,and Halo 3 were in terms of gameplay, and competitiveness.

I think it is safe to say this what most of the Veteran players want for the Ranked playlists:

1. No Load outs, Start with BR only.

2. AA’s to be converted back to equipment as to be placed on the map never as a starting perk

3. Uninfluenced armor that has no direct impact on the players abilities.

4. Symmetrical Maps

I mean it is fine to keep weapons like the DMR, but only if it is to be a replacement for something like the carbine or just another added weapon to be place properly/proportionally across each map.

Competitive Halo is on its death bed right, and the only way to save it is to disregard what Halo: Reach id to it and build off the real Halo games before it.

> > First that’s not an idea and second, add what? I want to know. Otherwise let 343 do there jobs and bash there work when you have played it
>
> We don’t really want anything added to a certain extent, and if anything we want things covert back to how Halo 2 ,and Halo 3 were in terms of gameplay, and competitiveness.
>
> I think it is safe to say this what most of the Veteran players want for the Ranked playlists:
>
> 1. No Load outs, Start with BR only.
>
> 2. AA’s to be converted back to equipment as to be placed on the map never as a starting perk
>
> 3. Uninfluenced armor that has no direct impact on the players abilities.
>
> 4. Symmetrical Maps
>
> I mean it is fine to keep weapons like the DMR, but only if it is to be a replacement for something like the carbine or just another added weapon to be place properly/proportionally across each map.
>
> Competitive Halo is on its death bed right, and the only way to save it is to disregard what Halo: Reach id to it and build off the real Halo games before it.

Hey man at least you’re man’n up at saying you want the same game you bought in 2007 with new graphics, I can respect that. Your ilk needs to follow your lead and just say it instead of what I previously mentioned “Halo 2 and 3 but add things”. That comment is neither intelegent or constructive when you don’t submit ideas for the “add things” part. But you guys are getting classic playlists and MLG so I think the hate needs to take a small step back till we know more.

i just state my ideas, im not gonna snap the disk if my ideas dont make it, i (and hopefully most of the community) am just suggesting to 343 what would make Halo 4 a better game

> OP is completely right. 343 needs room to be creative in Halo 4. I explain my thoughts on it here.

Great comentary dude :slight_smile:

We just need to let 343 do their thing.

> I think the let Halo 4 be Halo 4 speech is getting really old…
>
> We should all want this,
>
>
>
> > I want a Halo 4 that keeps true to the original formula, while at the same time adds new features that reinforce the formula. There is no reason to abandon the formula that made and has kept Halo succesful, it’d be irrational. That’s why every change made should cooperate with the formula, guaranteeing gameplay that feels fresh while at the same time feeling like a true Halo game.

The irony of this statement.

What you are suggesting is a million times older than the “let Halo4 be Halo4 speach”.