Less prometheans please

The prometheans are NOT FUN to fight against. They are annoying and unfair, and most of the difficulty in beating them on legendary comes from them (and the game in general) being poorly designed.

They are a bore, and a chore to get through. Please make them much less a part of halo infinite, or at least make them FUN to fight against.

Prometheans and Covenant are both boring. They pose no threat ever since 343 made Humanity the apex race of the galaxy.

> 2533274843718781;2:
> Prometheans and Covenant are both boring. They pose no threat ever since 343 made Humanity the apex race of the galaxy.

That’s not the situation any longer though. Cortana got the control over the religious Covenant factions and I’m pretty sure the aliens will once more the principal foe. The question is: will 343i bring back good AI over sheer numbers and pure graphic? I didn’t had a good enemy encounter since Reach due the routines getting more and more rudimentary…

Personally I’m not a fan of robotic enemies, but Prometheans are humanoid enough in aesthetics to become regular enemies. Maybe every encounter is some sort of “action puzzle”, were the killing order and how you do it influence the fighting dynamic drastically among factions, ranks and races. If the ancient robots were able to learn from the mistakes committed by fallen comrades, if they surrounded you, swarmed you while reloading, than they would be fun to fight against! Instead what we got was bullet-sponges with TP and one-hit melees standing still on a battlefield were Spartans are able to run, jump hover and do all kinds of fancy movements in high speed.

I honestly miss the time when devs pushed for good enemy Ai as a selling point. Fear is still an amazing game today thanks to it! Same goes for the old trilogy. Timeless titles! While H4 and H5G will be forgotten by everyone if not for us old-school fans. But hey! Cinematic experience with good graphics. :slight_smile:

I like the idea of fighting Prometheans requires accuracy in the weak spots of the enemies, breaking their armor so we can finish them off. I think fighting knights are fun, but the reason Prometheans are boring overall is because they are too bullet spongy

Yeah I hate the Prometheans, they’re just not fun to fight. Hopefully the Banished ally with the Created and Flood come back so we can fight them instead.

I hate Prometheans. While I agree that perhaps part of the reason they’re so boring to fight is that they’re too bullet spongy, that’s only the small part of it IMO. They have almost zero personality. Fighting Knights is like shooting a refrigerator that teleports. Try to kill it quick before the door pops open and a half frozen chicken flies out and tries to help it.

The little dog like things are worse. The biggest reaction I ever got from fighting one is when I hit it in the face and it shakes its head for a second.

At least in 5, the Soldiers actually spoke, but TBH, I rarely ever understood what they were saying because I was too busy trying to shoot them before they teleported around like a whack-a-mole on crack.

At least with Covenant, there was personality. Grunts had their witty remarks and quick panicking ‘run away’ personalities, Elites, Brutes had their snarky taunts, even Jackals had their own personality quirks. Hunters weren’t all that full of personality, but they were the exception (at least IMO) to the rule. They were an enemy of many traits and each had their own fleshed out quirks with aspects that made them all both formidable and humorous in their own right.

Fighting Covenant always felt real to me Fighting Prometheans felt… empty.

> 2533274795098161;3:
> > 2533274843718781;2:
> > Prometheans and Covenant are both boring. They pose no threat ever since 343 made Humanity the apex race of the galaxy.
>
> That’s not the situation any longer though. Cortana got the control over the religious Covenant factions and I’m pretty sure the aliens will once more the principal foe. The question is: will 343i bring back good AI over sheer numbers and pure graphic? I didn’t had a good enemy encounter since Reach due the routines getting more and more rudimentary…
>
> Personally I’m not a fan of robotic enemies, but Prometheans are humanoid enough in aesthetics to become regular enemies. Maybe every encounter is some sort of “action puzzle”, were the killing order and how you do it influence the fighting dynamic drastically among factions, ranks and races. If the ancient robots were able to learn from the mistakes committed by fallen comrades, if they surrounded you, swarmed you while reloading, than they would be fun to fight against! Instead what we got was bullet-sponges with TP and one-hit melees standing still on a battlefield were Spartans are able to run, jump hover and do all kinds of fancy movements in high speed.
>
> I honestly miss the time when devs pushed for good enemy Ai as a selling point. Fear is still an amazing game today thanks to it! Same goes for the old trilogy. Timeless titles! While H4 and H5G will be forgotten by everyone if not for us old-school fans. But hey! Cinematic experience with good graphics. :slight_smile:

She doesn’t have control over the religious factions,she has obedience from the grunts of balaho and that’s all that is confirmed

> 2533275010793662;4:
> I like the idea of fighting Prometheans requires accuracy in the weak spots of the enemies, breaking their armor so we can finish them off. I think fighting knights are fun, but the reason Prometheans are boring overall is because they are too bullet spongy

Yeah, that’s exactly it. Throughout the franchise, there has been ways to take out tougher enemies. You could use plasma weapons to short out the shields on Elites, then pop them with a headshot. And taking them out would make the grunts scatter. Jackals had that small, exposed hitbox on their shields. Hunters had exposed backs and could, for instance, be stunned by plasma fire in Halo 2.

On the other hand, they just put a weak spot on the Knights by tacking on glowing donuts to their shoulder pads. I don’t think that putting a generic weak spots on a super bullet-sponge doesn’t really solve the problem of it being a bullet-sponge. Although knights are really cool, they’re just not fun to fight. Same goes for the rest of the Prometheans, with their soldiers, dogs, and flying bicycles.

I too hope for lessened amount of prometheans. And maybe over the time (not in the game but franchise) overall fading removal.

There doesnt seem to be a single type that is truly interesting to fight.

The crawlers in H4 surely used to climb around bringing different angles to combat in the game but overall they were just a boring horde type enemy that were like toned down drones given their expanded movement mechanics when compared to most enemies but less so when compared to drones. Nothing interesting really and even worse in H5g.
And in addition to that, they didnt seem to make sense given they were supposed to be made by same species that made sentinels (that looked mass produced additions to combat effectiveness against flood being basically floating armaments with beams or area of effect attacks) while looking like somekind of ant dogs with some having spikes on their back.

The watchers in H4 were just spawn points for more boring enemies while having maybe even weirder design, like some midget with tiny feet and floating circles next to it. The H5g one was possibly somewhat better as support class but in that they were more like useless mild annoyances.

The knights in H4 were just bullet sponges that spawned the enemy spawning watchers, just wonderful and best idea ever (sarcasm, if you didnt get it). In H5g you could think that the design was better given it was a draining dummy for changing targets between 2-4 points but the weakpoints were just obvious glowing points which just seems too out of place. And whats up with the top heavy design that is a mix of mostly robotic but with a skull for some reason? They were composed beings, that is well known but the size differences between limbs and such just looks silly. Also, why just the skull out of all the previous biological forms?

And then the soldiers, humanoid enemies that most enemies in games seem to be. Now just with constant teleporting and rather idiotic usability of that ability. For example, on legendary, teleport righ on face, then they get smacked and then teleport back to where they were.
The design looks perhaps most like a working design out of the prometheans given the proportions of the bodyparts, not that its much said. But it still looks nothing like that could have been developed by same species when compared to sentinels.

The only thing that troubles me is how hard the Knights are to kill in Halo 5 as opposed to Halo 4.

I actually disagree, we should have more of them if the Covenant are now defeated. I want them to BECOME fun, not removed because they aren’t.

> 2533274883624877;10:
> The only thing that troubles me is how hard the Knights are to kill in Halo 5 as opposed to Halo 4.

Halo 4 Knights aren’t exactly easy either. Don’t forget the “Teleport away right when shields are about to die” BS.

> 2533274907965798;11:
> I actually disagree, we should have more of them if the Covenant are now defeated. I want them to BECOME fun, not removed because they aren’t.

While I actually don’t disagree with this idea, I think the biggest obstacle it would have to overcome is the idea that first impressions have already been made. No matter how much fun they try to make them, they’d always have that -Yoink!- of residual boredom IMO.

I want to like them but they’d need a visual overhaul and gameplay tweaking for that to happen. If HI prometheans are the same as H5’s, yeah I agree as little as possible.

I don’t think 343 should out right give up on the Prometheans because I think they have potential to be fun enemies if done the right way. Maybe try to limit how the teleportation, lose of the magnetic shots on their weapons and try to make weapons that are more unique and not just clones of existing, and give them a newer look to make them look more like the sentinels.

I actually feel like halo 5 handled the prometheans really well as far as fighting them goes and would like to see them expanded on, I would like to see them led by a more general like unit that doesnt feel like a machine though, similar to the warden who actually feels less like a machine and more of a character or a living forerunner promethean but thats seems very unlikely. Though we have seen Cortana presumably taking physical form at the end of halo 5 and it would be interesting if the other AI’s in her command start doing the same and become new units to fight or inhabit new units.

I VEHEMENTLY DISAGREE. I enjoy the Promethean’s, and wish to explore the Forerunners more.

I personally am tired of the mindless gameplay that the flood bring (And every other infected/zombie game brings for that matter). Oh so exciting, I’m heavily outnumbered, grab a shotgun and run backwards shoot, melee, throw a grenade at the giant Ginger! I’m bored of it.

I guess you never heard of learning, and balancing? The Forrunner were advanced beings, and ruled. More so than the Covenant! They were BA!

> 2533274796080930;16:
> I actually feel like halo 5 handled the prometheans really well as far as fighting them goes and would like to see them expanded on, I would like to see them led by a more general like unit that doesnt feel like a machine though, similar to the warden who actually feels less like a machine and more of a character or a living forerunner promethean but thats seems very unlikely. Though we have seen Cortana presumably taking physical form at the end of halo 5 and it would be interesting if the other AI’s in her command start doing the same and become new units to fight or inhabit new units.

Like the DIDACT! Who was absolutely awesome, but had so little facetime in Halo 4. And then they used a comic to … ugh… The Didact needs to return!

> 2533274907965798;11:
> I actually disagree, we should have more of them if the Covenant are now defeated. I want them to BECOME fun, not removed because they aren’t.

Well said. It’s a little troubling that a portion of Halo fans in these forums want to fight only the Covenant and the flood. Halo 1 through 3, 3:ODST, and Reach were great, however! It’s been done, Bungie finished the Covenant storyline and was heading in the Direction of the Forerunner Saga. They had so many Forerunner Easter eggs in those games, I wanted to know so badly about this advanced race!

And Halo 4 and some of 5 have me that! But not enough! I want more

I want to know more about the Forerunner, and the Didact

NxtDoc1851 - Please don’t post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks