Less Playlists in Halo 4

I would personally like to see a lot less playlists in Halo 4. It divided Reach up too much to the point where it is a struggle to find games in some playlists. Here is a rough idea of what I would like to see, I think it would result in fairly healthy populations in most playlists.
I know it won’t keep everyone happy but realistically someone is always going to complain. (I realise there is little chance of ranked in H4 but this is my opinion).

Social
Social Slayer (maybe 5v5 considering how big most of the maps appear to be)
Social Objective (with oddball, headhunter, etc. along with the traditional ctf/assault)
Big Team Battle
Grifball
Living Dead

Ranked
Team Slayer
Team Objective (Solely CTF/assault, with a little bit of king/oddball)
MLG
RBTB
Snipes
SWAT

Discuss.

That covers the basics, but variety is a good thing.

Rumble pit?

Ad this and I am very hapy:

ranked
Invasion 6v6

forge playlist
Forge maps crated by the community.
comunity skirmish (slayer and objective)4v4
comunity btb (slayer and objective)8v8

dlc
Dlc only maps, no forge or standard maps.
dlc btb (slayer and objective)8v8
dlc face off (slayer and objective)4v4

We’ve grown accustomed to variety. To take playlists away that many people play “strictly” would not go over well.
I like the idea of Ranked Playlists, but you gotta even it up, SWAT should be in both IMO, since it was unranked in the end of H2, ranked in H3 and then Social in Reach.

Also no 5v5 TS unless Squad Slayer is making a comeback… It’s not the same.

There is such a thing as too many playlists, but there is also an issue with having too few. At launch, there should be plenty, within reason of course. I don’t think the playlists were Reach’s problem, because Reach didn’t have much more than Halo 3 had, I think it’s just Reach as a game that people got tired of.

I think around 16 playlists would be just fine at launch, given there’s gonna be tons of people playing.

Ranked: 8 playlists
-FFA
-Doubles
-Team Slayer
-Team Objective
-CTF (announced that it was it’s own playlist)
-Team Tactical (Swat and Snipers)
-MLG
-Grifball (Definitely think this should be seen as more competitive)

Social: 6 playlists
-FFA
-Team Skirmish (Slayer and Objective gametypes)
-Big Team Battle
-Multi Team
-Living Dead
-Action Sack

Classic 2 playlists
-Classic Slayer/Objective
-Classic FFA

That’s my ideal setup anyways… Remember, you can always take away ones that aren’t populated enough. But until you give something a chance, you don’t know if it has the demand. Also, a DLC playlist should be made onece the maps come out, or require them in the ranked playlists. I’d like a ranked Big Team Battle, but it seems it always ends up back as a social playlist because not enough people have 8 people competitive parties to go in with.

Infinity (I=Infinity)
I Team Slayer
I Objective
I BTB
I FFA

Classic
Team Slayer
Objective
BTB
Lone Wolves

Hardcore(MLG) (Will cycle between gametypes. No choices)
4v4
2v2
FFA

Goofy gametypes
Team actionsack
FFA actionsack(Rumble Rifles, Fiesta, etc)

Double exp or credit weekend.
Grifball
SWAT
Living Dead

This is probably the best IMO. I’ve made this without the inclusion of ranks because I’m not counting on them being int the game although it would be awesome.

Please don’t use cyan or yellow, my eyes can’t take the strain.

Social:
Team Slayer
Team Objective
BTB
Multi-team
Rumble Pit
Swat
Community- this would be Living Dead, Grifball, and Race in one playlist with community forged maps

Ranked:
Team Slayer
Team Objective
Lone Wolves
Snipers
MLG

This is the playlist set up I’d like to see

> Please don’t use cyan or yellow, my eyes can’t take the strain.

So you change it because you don’t agree with it? Really?

> > Please don’t use cyan or yellow, my eyes can’t take the strain.
>
> So you change it because you don’t agree with it? Really?

I see your point, why have the color options available if you can’t use them. However, is the color of the text really that important? All she did was make it easier to see, as I didn’t even bother reading it until she changed it, so you should be thanking her.

Some people have problems with their vision with certain colors… no biggie. Not like she deleted your post now is it?

> > > Please don’t use cyan or yellow, my eyes can’t take the strain.
> >
> > So you change it because you don’t agree with it? Really?
>
> I see your point, why have the color options available if you can’t use them. However, is the color of the text really that important? All she did was make it easier to see, as I didn’t even bother reading it until she changed it, so you should be thanking her.

Well there’s something called asking. She should learn to use it.

> Social
> Social Slayer (maybe 5v5 considering how big most of the maps appear to be)
> Social Objective (with oddball, <mark>headhunter</mark>, etc. along with the traditional ctf/assault)
> Big Team Battle
> Grifball
> Living Dead
>
> Ranked
> Team Slayer
> Team Objective (Solely CTF/assault, with a little bit of king/oddball)
> MLG
> RBTB
> Snipes
> SWAT
>
> Discuss.

Everything BUT Headhunter its a terrible Team game that has many flaws - It was made as an FFA style game type and plays best as one

Otherwise everything you said 100%

O and sorry 343i said griffball will not be its own playlist

I would like to see the return of Double EXP playlists.

I’d rather see less gametypes IMO. Remember how many CTF variants we had in reach? /: But i like the way playlists are currently in reach. Let me give a spin on the ol roster.

Basic:
Team slayer
BTB
Team objective
living dead
multiteam

Infinity:
Doubles
lone wolves
Skirmish (mix of slayer and objectives)
Riflemen (swat & snipers)

Community:
MLG
Griffball
Classic Skirmish (mix of slayer and objective)
Action sack

Things to note: Basic is just a place holder meaning simple gametypes can also mean introduction to new things. Infinity is stepping up the game in terms of harder gametypes both new and old. Community is gametypes mostly thought of by the community.

Last thing to note is that in my ideal situation a symbol would be next to your gamertag or on your gamer plate symbolizing your progression rank. Each playlist would have its own individual rank for each player not based on progression and on said player card the top 4 playlists for each person would be present showing the rank of said playlists. As well as their over all W/L.

Going off of precedent, Action Sack and Living Dead wont have playlists at launch. We also shouldn’t expect to see a ‘ranked BTB’ playlist return due to its reception in H3.

A more logical selection would be as follows:

Infinity
Infinity Slayer
Infinity Objective
Big Team Battle
Rumble Pit
Multi-Team
Invasion Replacement

Classic (no ordnance, custom loadouts, or AAs)
Team Slayer
Squad Battle 6v6 - mix of Slayer and Objective
Doubles

Co-Op
Spartan-Ops
Campaign

Other
Grifball

Other playlists will obviously be added down the road, but I don’t imagine them to start with a large offering. This is of course assuming there is no separation due to a ranking system (one we don’t have official word on).

Things like Snipers, SWAT, MLG, and Living Dead will be added later on.

> Going off of precedent, Action Sack and Living Dead wont have playlists at launch. We also shouldn’t expect to see a ‘ranked BTB’ playlist return due to its reception in H3.
>
> A more logical selection would be as follows:
>
> Infinity
> Infinity Slayer
> Infinity Objective
> Big Team Battle
> Rumble Pit
> Multi-Team
> Invasion Replacement
>
> Classic (no ordnance, custom loadouts, or AAs)
> Team Slayer
> Squad Battle 6v6 - mix of Slayer and Objective
> Doubles
>
> Co-Op
> Spartan-Ops
> Campaign
>
> Other
> Grifball
>
> Other playlists will obviously be added down the road, but I don’t imagine them to start with a large offering. This is of course assuming there is no separation due to a ranking system (one we don’t have official word on).
>
> Things like Snipers, SWAT, MLG, and Living Dead will be added later on.

Yours is more logical. My post was more about personnel preference. Mind giving your opinion about my set up?

I like your setup but I think Doubles would do better under fixed loadouts. Certain AAs and weapon combos could make that a really unenjoyable experience, so Infinity Doubles probably isn’t a good idea.

> I like your setup but I think Doubles would do better under fixed loadouts. Certain AAs and weapon combos could make that a really unenjoyable experience, so Infinity Doubles probably isn’t a good idea.

could you perhaps read my <mark>things to note?</mark> I explain in there that infinity doesn’t mean it plays like infinity style slayer.