Lenoxcoolgamer-tweet about sprint

Lenoxcoolgaer (a 343 employee) tweeted “To this day, no one has been able to articulate why sprint is bad except that H1-H3 didn’t have it.”
I literally LOL’d

It was articulated why it was bad from the first day sprint was announced for Halo reach. So here you go. Hopefully you can understand

It was a combination of no sprint and sheilds which lead to the methodical halo gameplay. Once you get to a certain level, everyones shot with the starting weapon is more or less the same. You start to learn to track all four players on the enemy team at all times and you realize that this is where the skill gap lies. Sprint destroys this methodical aspect of gameplay and makes it a lot more random which in turn takes the “power” away from power positions.

An example would be; You’re pink 2 on midship shooting cross map from the plasmas. You know there’s 2 people their flag or basement but you are not getting shot from their window. so you can predict you will get pushed from their street. The people pushing street are put at a disadvantage with no sprint and are taking a risk pushing you because the walk to P2 is long enough that they can get shot from the opposite window and have no where to go when you check the p street or react to a call out and catch them with their pants down.

With sprint the two players can sprint straight up while you are still shooting across the map with very little risk. This makes p2 FAR less of a power position and takes away a lot of decision making from both players. It makes game play a lot more hectic and a lot less about map control

Maps are then made bigger to compensate for sprint but this in no way solves the problem because these type of situations will still happen on a micro level which is were alot of the great meta for halo was. With sprint, so much meta gets thrown out the window and replaced with mindless chaotic gameplay.

There is also the fact that it takes all skill from running away. In halo you should be able to run and jump backwards while shooting accurately. This took alot of map awareness. With sprint doing this is no longer a viable option because sprint is far more effective yet far easier. The risk/reward just isn’t present with sprint. Sprint removes all skill from movement in halo.
TLDR; It has been clearly stated numerous times why sprint is not only bad for halo but why it changes the fundamentals of the game to the point where it destroys all strategy which made halo good in the first place.

Ok, that -yoinks- me off, it’s the opposite, no one had been able to say why sprint helps. I now think 343 has some people who have no idea what they are doing in there.

> 2533274898131165;2:
> Ok, that -yoinks- me off, it’s the opposite, no one had been able to say why sprint helps. I now think 343 has some people who have no idea what they are doing in there.

Pretty sure no one cares to give a simple answer to why sprint is bad. If you can’t do that then why not have it in the game?

> 2533274829610030;3:
> > 2533274898131165;2:
> > Ok, that -yoinks- me off, it’s the opposite, no one had been able to say why sprint helps. I now think 343 has some people who have no idea what they are doing in there.
>
>
> Pretty sure no one cares to give a simple answer to why sprint is bad. If you can’t do that then why not have it in the game?

It has been clearly stated numerous times why sprint is not only bad for halo but why it changes the fundamentals of the game to the point where it destroys all strategy which made halo good in the first place.

> 2533274829610030;3:
> > 2533274898131165;2:
> > Ok, that -yoinks- me off, it’s the opposite, no one had been able to say why sprint helps. I now think 343 has some people who have no idea what they are doing in there.
>
>
> Pretty sure no one cares to give a simple answer to why sprint is bad. If you can’t do that then why not have it in the game?

It has been stated many times before, stretches maps, allows players to escape etc.

The fact that you say no one has given a reason for sprint being bad makes you just as ignorant as this 343 employee.

I’m actually not all that bothered by sprint. If they removed it I’d be fine. But damn I love that evade! Gotten into some REALLY intense br battles with it. :smiley:

“And to this day, not one single 343 employee has been able to articulate why sprint is good, except for “because it’s immersive and looks cool and we don’t like throwing out mechanics people are getting used to””. Like, seriously?

And that guy actually has the nerve to essentially pull the “nostalgia” argument out of his -Yoink- regarding sprint, after all the posts people have made that go over all the issues it causes for gameplay. I seriously hate that guy’s guts.

> 2535432359236232;7:
> “And to this day, not one single 343 employee has been able to articulate why sprint is good, except for “because it’s immersive and looks cool and we don’t like throwing out mechanics people are getting used to””.
>
> And that guy actually has the nerve to essentially pull the “nostalgia” argument out of his -Yoink- regarding sprint, after all the posts people have made that go over all the issues it causes for gameplay. I seriously hate that guy’s guts.

Hate on the uneducated, biased opinion. Not the actual person. We are all human after all

> 2533274898131165;5:
> > 2533274829610030;3:
> > > 2533274898131165;2:
> > > Ok, that -yoinks- me off, it’s the opposite, no one had been able to say why sprint helps. I now think 343 has some people who have no idea what they are doing in there.
> >
> >
> >
> > Pretty sure no one cares to give a simple answer to why sprint is bad. If you can’t do that then why not have it in the game?
>
>
> It has been stated many times before, stretches maps, allows players to escape etc.
>
> The fact that you say no one has given a reason for sprint being bad makes you just as ignorant as this 343 employee.

I can see the map stretching. However allowing players to escape is debatable. H5 sprint is leagues different than Halo 4/Reach.

[deleted]

> 2533274836665383;10:
> He’s clearly not been paying attention to community feedback for the last 4 years then.
>
> I hope this guy’s role at 343 has nothing to do with community interaction or multiplayer development.
>
> Simply put, sprint is bad because it allows players to negate bad positioning though quick evasion by virtue of a sudden burst of speed greater than that of base movement. This was clearly evident in both Reach and Halo 4 and is therefore, an infallible truth.
>
> I think Lenoxcoolgaer should come on here and explain why no-one can articulate why sprint is good except for ‘immersion’ and ‘players expect sprint in modern FPS’.

The guy would be ripped to shreds, this place is like a piranha tank, and he would be proved wrong in about five minutes.

> 2535457480815659;8:
> > 2535432359236232;7:
> > “And to this day, not one single 343 employee has been able to articulate why sprint is good, except for “because it’s immersive and looks cool and we don’t like throwing out mechanics people are getting used to””.
> >
> > And that guy actually has the nerve to essentially pull the “nostalgia” argument out of his -Yoink- regarding sprint, after all the posts people have made that go over all the issues it causes for gameplay. I seriously hate that guy’s guts.
>
>
> Hate on the uneducated, biased opinion. Not the actual person. We are all human after all

The point I’m trying to make is that even 343 fails to go into detail about why sprint is good. Just telling people who say it’s bad that they’re basing the argument off of nostalgia is not only wrong, but it sidesteps the whole issue of why sprint is good or bad just to attack those who oppose the mechanic.

> 2533274828579555;9:
> > 2533274898131165;5:
> > > 2533274829610030;3:
> > > > 2533274898131165;2:
> > > > Ok, that -yoinks- me off, it’s the opposite, no one had been able to say why sprint helps. I now think 343 has some people who have no idea what they are doing in there.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Pretty sure no one cares to give a simple answer to why sprint is bad. If you can’t do that then why not have it in the game?
> >
> >
> >
> > It has been stated many times before, stretches maps, allows players to escape etc.
> >
> > The fact that you say no one has given a reason for sprint being bad makes you just as ignorant as this 343 employee.
>
>
> I can see the map stretching. However allowing players to escape is debatable. H5 sprint is leagues different than Halo 4/Reach.

I agree that they have some what improved it from halo 4 but the improvements they made have not addressed the underlying problems that it creates. As soon as you put sprint into halo it removes an entire aspect of the game.

[deleted]

Lenoxcoolgaer is fool… is he the 343 brain?

> 2533274898131165;2:
> Ok, that -yoinks- me off, it’s the opposite, no one had been able to say why sprint helps. I now think 343 has some people who have no idea what they are doing in there.

Agree in all.

Edit: sorry double post

I accepted the fact that they put sprint in. But to make it unlimited is ridiculous. I am hoping this gets re-thought. We will see when the final game releases. Hopefully the feedback fans are giving is taken into consideration because I really missed Halo after Halo 3. I hated Reach, and Halo 4’s MP and really didnt play much of them. After playing the beta for halo 5 I am happy so far except for a couple minor issues, and unlimited sprint being one of them. the other is the Bumper Jumper Layout.

> 2535457480815659;13:
> > 2533274828579555;9:
> > > 2533274898131165;5:
> > > > 2533274829610030;3:
> > > > > 2533274898131165;2:
> > > > > Ok, that -yoinks- me off, it’s the opposite, no one had been able to say why sprint helps. I now think 343 has some people who have no idea what they are doing in there.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Pretty sure no one cares to give a simple answer to why sprint is bad. If you can’t do that then why not have it in the game?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > It has been stated many times before, stretches maps, allows players to escape etc.
> > >
> > > The fact that you say no one has given a reason for sprint being bad makes you just as ignorant as this 343 employee.
> >
> >
> >
> > I can see the map stretching. However allowing players to escape is debatable. H5 sprint is leagues different than Halo 4/Reach.
>
>
> I agree that they have some what improved it from halo 4 but the improvements they made have not addressed the underlying problems that it creates. As soon as you put sprint into halo it removes an entire aspect of the game.

I feel people these days are too worried about the “aspect” of the game during certain sections of play time. It’s not like the entire game breaks and explodes when people sprint. It’s not like sprint is absolutely necessary to win a game. If it was, I could totally seeing it removing the entire aspect of the game. It’s really just a tool added to the game to be used at someones leisure.It’s an ability that takes away your ability to do something else.

For example duel wielding in Halo 2/3/H2A. It takes away a core pillar of Halo gameplay, which is grenade. I never saw it as ruining the aspect of Halo. I was killed plenty of times by people coming around a corner who would never have killed me if they didn’t take advantage of an ability like that.

Deleted

Is that a joke? it’s joke, isn’t it? I knew it.