Legends 2

So, let’s say 343i decides to do a Halo: Legends 2. I was thinking to myself “What would make it different? What could set it apart?” What if instead of doing animation, you got a handful of studios to do Live action/CG shorts. Roughly the same lengths as the Legends episodes already are. Imagine a set of seven “Landfall” or “Deliver Hope”-type episodes. You could even set one after Halo Wars, giving fans a glimpse of the continuation of that story without the need for a complete game (if they don’t want to do an HW 2).

What studios/filmakers would you want to see involved? What stories would you want to see told?

Just a thought…

Grim

Weta is my first choice.

I would like to see stories surrounding the games being told. Maybe some more forerunner too with the help of Greg.

> So, let’s say 343i decides to do a Halo: Legends 2. I was thinking to myself “What would make it different? What could set it apart?” What if instead of doing animation, you got a handful of studios to do Live action/CG shorts. Roughly the same lengths as the Legends episodes already are. Imagine a set of seven “Landfall” or “Deliver Hope”-type episodes. You could even set one after Halo Wars, giving fans a glimpse of the continuation of that story without the need for a complete game (if they don’t want to do an HW 2).
>
> What studios/filmakers would you want to see involved? What stories would you want to see told?

That’s a great idea, and I’m definitely up for anybody returning who’s already worked on the live-action shorts/advertisements - those have been some of the most powerful, inspiring gems of the Haloverse for me.

Or we could just get Rooster Teeth to do them all.

Seriously, though, would Live Action be more expensive than cg/animation?

I WOULD love to see the Spartan III’s in action, though.

It probably depends on the style of story you want to tell. Not to mention that there would probably still be plenty of CG elements even with going live action.

Grim

Great ideas, Grim! I always love reading your posts. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m always cheering for more live action Halo awesome! :stuck_out_tongue: w00t!

I love the Rooster Teeth guys, they’re pioneers and have done amazing things. However, I don’t think they should go outside of RvB or the comics. Honestly, they’re storytelling has gone downhill. Not just in the humor department, but in quality as well. There’s not much reason to watch except for the new CG stuff they do.

Live action could easily be done very cheaply, just see what the 405th guys have done with very little money.

I would like to see a halo legends episode about the story of Sergeant Johnson, WO Poliski, etc. and show what happened and how they got off the ring in the pelican before they met up with MC and Cortana.

I’m not sure. But isnt it much more expensive to do Short films like Deliver Hope? When 343i will be doing Legends 2. I wish more a complete movie and not short clips. And just one studio. For the Production I would wish to see Gainax or Bones on the cover. Evangelion 1.11 is maybe one of the best animation Blu-ray disc you can buy. And if they deliver the same quality with a Halo animation we would see some serious -Yoink-.

I want to see more CG like in The Package although the live action commercials are awesome.

I would like to see more of the trademark Halo stamp on any potential Legends 2, and perhaps less catering to the stylistic expectations of the medium chosen. Canon got stomped all over at some points in the first one, and it made me very :C.

I can certainly understand this! I do love though, when they include various elements from the fiction that you might not usually see, for example, I would live to see a Spartan wearing the Security, GUNGNIR, or EOD helmet, especially live action. Gives me chills just thinking about it , lol…

Grim

Yeah, I’ve got to agree with Ninja-O on this one. If they were to make another ‘Legends-ish’ film, I’d rather see some live action, or CGI similar to the one in ‘The Package’. I weren’t too big a fan of the concept of using a lot of different art styles. I’d rather have a consisten art style that can convey the art of Halo and it’s attention to detail rather than using Halo’s backdrop to cater to art styles and animation studios.

Yeah, same here. Like I said, I would love to see a collection of seven 10-15 minute “Landfall” or “Deliver Hope” style short films. LOVE, I tell you.

Grim

A few of the Halo Legends tales were really well executed and written to me. Origins (both parts) despite being a compressed history lesson - it merely shows what’s happening to Cortana since John went into stasis again.

Homecoming is a cross-time parallel for me as we see it alternate between past Daisy and present Daisy. The only two things really got to me about that one. They explain why nobody notices the disappearance of the kids taken for the Spartan-II Program and that they replace them with clones. Halsey’s rationale for the cloning fits… why would anyone notice if the kids didn’t technically vanish. The clones however would live or die… depending on the quality of life… they might have had if not for the Spartan programs.

I mean some of the clones could have outlived the real kids. Daisy and others were exceptions.

The surprise twist of the Babysitter is seeing that the Spartan who saves the ODST more than once is a woman yet it works so well the only thing to make you sad/impressed is that she died saving lives. Not every Spartan gets that opportunity or chance.

Prototype because of Ghost also ranks among my favorites from Legends… there’s such a cut to the quick feeling between Ghost and the last survivor of his previous team. Their conversation is one I find worth re-watching Legends for.

Odd One Out is hilarious because everyone seems so out of character except for Chief and Cortana. The battle movements were obviously an homage to Dragonball Z.

The Package also maintains that you never see John’s face from the games part. Fast combat encounters mixing with slow motion change-ups like dropping empty human weapons in order to switch to Covenant weaponry or weapons carried on different parts of the armor.

If they can replicate or bring in stories like the ones from Legends then yes it would be good to see a sequel.

Deliver Hope looks about as live action as you can get and maybe Legends can show us more of the mission where the previous Noble Six dies or how the Nobles come together.

I would so Love a Halo Legends 2!! :slight_smile: I enjoyed the Original (Own it on DVD) And it would be cool if it was Live Action, But I Wouldent mind more Anime :stuck_out_tongue:

Remember when Frankie said that not continuing Chiefy’s story would make them the “biggest son of a -Yoinks!- in the world”? (or something like that).

Anyway, I’ve been wondering since SDCC2010 how it would take place. I think Legends 2 is the best place to continue John’s story, the novel medium for another Master Chief story just doesn’t appeal to me anymore! ^^

Just a comment on Halo: Legends though, the stories were very good, the graphics were perfection as they were, but I really disliked the CGI in The Package, and the story. Really, REALLY disliked.

sounds like a good idea. I’m hoping for more “real” videos in the future; Anime isn’t my style, and although Legends was great, I still never liked Anime much. Its an aquired taste I suppose.

But yeah, I’d like to see a more storied version of the live action shorts as well, with characters that we spend time with and get to know rather then just straight up epic war scenes.

If they decide to make a Legends 2 I hope they make it based more off of Halo culture and not so much eastern culture. I understand that those who made Legends are used to making anime I certain way but the story about the Arbiter was a little too eastern for the culture they were trying to capture.

Just my opinion.