Legendary

After replaying the entire mcc and 5 on legendary. I can in my opinion say halo 5 was the most hardest. Due to it being very unbalanced.

Legendary has always been hard, but each death felt like it was my fault, tho 5 simply felt unfair, and I believe this is due to the squad mechanic.

I will not be discussing that, however I will say my most common complaint where Promethean soldiers. Now in my eyes the Solders are the elites of the Prometheans faction, and whilst that probably doesn’t stand they are still 9/10 the major threat in a squad.

And whilst you might fight 4/5 elites at once in a single gun fight, you could be facing off against 10+ solders which is my main gripe, as if you got no range weapon, they can kill you in 3 to 4 shoots quickly. I’m not going into to much detail just because this is just meant to be my little annoyance, and not me explaining why I hate it.

I would also agree that H5 took the longest to get through and was the greatest challenge to finish but I am not sure thats because of what we would explicitly describe as difficulty. Its the only game I have never LASOd solely because I don’t want to learn how to while with the others I actually did. H4 suffered from a similar experience but the effect was more pronounce in H5 imo. Its a mixture of what you described plus level designs that don’t allow enough unique variance, again thats just in my opinion though.

Halo 2 still feels like it should take the crown for hardest Halo, I am sure if there was the will to learn how to master the H5 dance like there was to master H2 it would take 10% of the time.

> 2533274841519598;2:
> I would also agree that H5 took the longest to get through and was the greatest challenge to finish but I am not sure thats because of what we would explicitly describe as difficulty. Its the only game I have never LASOd solely because I don’t want to learn how to while with the others I actually did. H4 suffered from a similar experience but the effect was more pronounce in H5 imo. Its a mixture of what you described plus level designs that don’t allow enough unique variance, again thats just in my opinion though.
>
> Halo 2 still feels like it should take the crown for hardest Halo, I am sure if there was the will to learn how to master the H5 dance like there was to master H2 it would take 10% of the time.

You basically summed up my frustration for it. It just not fun and time consuming. Plus the squad mechanic doesn’t work when you die in around 3 seconds

I have not found 5 that hard, but I agree that sometimes the squad acts dumb when you are down. The hardest parts for me were the middle section of Unconfirmed and the last mission, in the Arena-sort of section where you need to defend. Idk how it is even called. Also the last 3 Wardens were… well. But it doesn’t matter because we skip it anyway. I played the campaign 2 times only. Both on legendary. First time, did not like it. Second time, I said, maybe I will try it again. I’ll also pick up the skulls while I am at it. Did it and still do not like it. I just do not like the story, it fails to stick with me.

I guess I can try LASO, but again… I won’t like it, probably. And I will only do it probably just for the sake of saying “look, I completed this LASO” while my brain is like “bruh”.

This I found was actually the easiest. The fact that you always have 4 more companions to help you out during a fight was a key factor into what made Halo 5’s campaign easy for me. HOWEVER…that 3rd fight against the 3 wardens did provide me with severe mental anguish. I was super happy to get that Lone Wolf achievement!

> 2533274874294462;5:
> This I found was actually the easiest. The fact that you always have 4 more companions to help you out during a fight was a key factor into what made Halo 5’s campaign easy for me. HOWEVER…that 3rd fight against the 3 wardens did provide me with severe mental anguish. I was super happy to get that Lone Wolf achievement!

Personally. My squad was usless I can’t recall them helping much, apart from sometimes distracting a guy. Tho personally I got the 3 warden’s done very quickly 10m~.
But I was prepared for it and had two very high dps weapons to melt two straight away

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Do you guys think they are using the AI bots in the infinite tech preview flights to better develop the squad operability?

I didn’t have much trouble with 5 until the very end. It’s been a few years, but I remember failing a few times in the circular room while waiting on the elevator. Other than that I found the game to be not too bad. The ai squadmates were incompetent, but they did occasionally forgive my reckless decisions by reviving me.

> 2533274828305603;7:
> Do you guys think they are using the AI bots in the infinite tech preview flights to better develop the squad operability?

idk, but I kinda hope not for now. The squad system of H5 left a bad taste in my mouth and I am ready to returning to the more classic forumulas

I’ve been able to play it in legendary and even in LASO, and honestly, halo 5 doesn’t seem very difficult compared to other Halo, I think games like Halo 2 are much more challenging.

> 2535438002035715;10:
> I’ve been able to play it in legendary and even in LASO, and honestly, halo 5 doesn’t seem very difficult compared to other Halo, I think games like Halo 2 are much more challenging.

Personally I didn’t find halo 2 difficult, it was challenging at times but most of the time when I died, it felt like it was my fault.
Unlike 5 when I would be killed in 2-3 shot from tracking light rifle and instant killed by knights whilst not in the line of sight.
I’ve made a different post about how the Prometheans AI is just stupid so I won’t go on about it

> 2535454302176535;11:
> > 2535438002035715;10:
> > I’ve been able to play it in legendary and even in LASO, and honestly, halo 5 doesn’t seem very difficult compared to other Halo, I think games like Halo 2 are much more challenging.
>
> Personally I didn’t find halo 2 difficult, it was challenging at times but most of the time when I died, it felt like it was my fault.
> Unlike 5 when I would be killed in 2-3 shot from tracking light rifle and instant killed by knights whilst not in the line of sight.
> I’ve made a different post about how the Prometheans AI is just stupid so I won’t go on about it

I understand, it is understandable. Still, everyone has their own perspective, I respect yours.

> 2535438002035715;12:
> > 2535454302176535;11:
> > > 2535438002035715;10:
> > > I’ve been able to play it in legendary and even in LASO, and honestly, halo 5 doesn’t seem very difficult compared to other Halo, I think games like Halo 2 are much more challenging.
> >
> > Personally I didn’t find halo 2 difficult, it was challenging at times but most of the time when I died, it felt like it was my fault.
> > Unlike 5 when I would be killed in 2-3 shot from tracking light rifle and instant killed by knights whilst not in the line of sight.
> > I’ve made a different post about how the Prometheans AI is just stupid so I won’t go on about it
>
> I understand, it is understandable. Still, everyone has their own perspective, I respect yours.

Finally. Someone who respect opinions lol

> 2535454302176535;13:
> > 2535438002035715;12:
> > > 2535454302176535;11:
> > > > 2535438002035715;10:
> > > > I’ve been able to play it in legendary and even in LASO, and honestly, halo 5 doesn’t seem very difficult compared to other Halo, I think games like Halo 2 are much more challenging.
> > >
> > > Personally I didn’t find halo 2 difficult, it was challenging at times but most of the time when I died, it felt like it was my fault.
> > > Unlike 5 when I would be killed in 2-3 shot from tracking light rifle and instant killed by knights whilst not in the line of sight.
> > > I’ve made a different post about how the Prometheans AI is just stupid so I won’t go on about it
> >
> > I understand, it is understandable. Still, everyone has their own perspective, I respect yours.
>
> Finally. Someone who respect opinions lol

Lol, There are often those who cannot accept the opinions of others. Especially of debatable topics, because watching certain Youtube channels where they play Halo 2 in LASO for example, there are a lot of mechanics or tricks that you can take advantage of and pass very easy each mission. I didn’t do any of that, I played on my own and I had to figure out how to pass each part, that’s why I found it very difficult compared to Halo 5.

Maybe you’re right, but i don´t wanna try the Halo 5 Campaign again, I uninstalled it when I get SR 152.

> 2535438002035715;14:
> > 2535454302176535;13:
> > > 2535438002035715;12:
> > > > 2535454302176535;11:
> > > > > 2535438002035715;10:
> > > > > I’ve been able to play it in legendary and even in LASO, and honestly, halo 5 doesn’t seem very difficult compared to other Halo, I think games like Halo 2 are much more challenging.
> > > >
> > > > Personally I didn’t find halo 2 difficult, it was challenging at times but most of the time when I died, it felt like it was my fault.
> > > > Unlike 5 when I would be killed in 2-3 shot from tracking light rifle and instant killed by knights whilst not in the line of sight.
> > > > I’ve made a different post about how the Prometheans AI is just stupid so I won’t go on about it
> > >
> > > I understand, it is understandable. Still, everyone has their own perspective, I respect yours.
> >
> > Finally. Someone who respect opinions lol
>
> Lol, There are often those who cannot accept the opinions of others. Especially of debatable topics, because watching certain Youtube channels where they play Halo 2 in LASO for example, there are a lot of mechanics or tricks that you can take advantage of and pass very easy each mission. I didn’t do any of that, I played on my own and I had to figure out how to pass each part, that’s why I found it very difficult compared to Halo 5.
>
> Maybe you’re right, but i don´t wanna try the Halo 5 Campaign again, I uninstalled it when I get SR 152.

Understandable and I haven’t really touch the multiplayer for 5 played it enough to understand it but at my core I’m someone who likes to drift between games, especially single player games.

But the reason I struggled was because the level. I forget how to spell it. Um. When you have to go up the space elevator in the colony. Left a sour taste in my mouth, mainly because I was trying to play it like the older games

> 2535454302176535;15:
> > 2535438002035715;14:
> > > 2535454302176535;13:
> > > > 2535438002035715;12:
> > > > > 2535454302176535;11:
> > > > > > 2535438002035715;10:
> > > > > > I’ve been able to play it in legendary and even in LASO, and honestly, halo 5 doesn’t seem very difficult compared to other Halo, I think games like Halo 2 are much more challenging.
> > > > >
> > > > > Personally I didn’t find halo 2 difficult, it was challenging at times but most of the time when I died, it felt like it was my fault.
> > > > > Unlike 5 when I would be killed in 2-3 shot from tracking light rifle and instant killed by knights whilst not in the line of sight.
> > > > > I’ve made a different post about how the Prometheans AI is just stupid so I won’t go on about it
> > > >
> > > > I understand, it is understandable. Still, everyone has their own perspective, I respect yours.
> > >
> > > Finally. Someone who respect opinions lol
> >
> > Lol, There are often those who cannot accept the opinions of others. Especially of debatable topics, because watching certain Youtube channels where they play Halo 2 in LASO for example, there are a lot of mechanics or tricks that you can take advantage of and pass very easy each mission. I didn’t do any of that, I played on my own and I had to figure out how to pass each part, that’s why I found it very difficult compared to Halo 5.
> >
> > Maybe you’re right, but i don´t wanna try the Halo 5 Campaign again, I uninstalled it when I get SR 152.
>
> Understandable and I haven’t really touch the multiplayer for 5 played it enough to understand it but at my core I’m someone who likes to drift between games, especially single player games.
>
> But the reason I struggled was because the level. I forget how to spell it. Um. When you have to go up the space elevator in the colony. Left a sour taste in my mouth, mainly because I was trying to play it like the older games

The campaign was the first thing I spent time on since the game was released. After that I dedicated myself completely to the multiplayer, even so, I was able to finish unlocking all the multiplayer stuff and finally be able to try other single player games, I think that focusing too much time on one game makes us miss out on other types of games that we can love.

I personally highly disliked the Halo 5 campaign. Just my opinion. Although, I have beaten it.

I would actually say halo 5 is the easiest but that’s mainly because it’s the only one I’ve completed. I think it’s mainly because nearly every weapon is viable at range so it’s easy to hang back and shoot enemies from far off.

> 2535454302176535;1:
> After replaying the entire mcc and 5 on legendary. I can in my opinion say halo 5 was the most hardest. Due to it being very unbalanced.
>
> Legendary has always been hard, but each death felt like it was my fault, tho 5 simply felt unfair, and I believe this is due to the squad mechanic.
>
> I will not be discussing that, however I will say my most common complaint where Promethean soldiers. Now in my eyes the Solders are the elites of the Prometheans faction, and whilst that probably doesn’t stand they are still 9/10 the major threat in a squad.
>
> And whilst you might fight 4/5 elites at once in a single gun fight, you could be facing off against 10+ solders which is my main gripe, as if you got no range weapon, they can kill you in 3 to 4 shoots quickly. I’m not going into to much detail just because this is just meant to be my little annoyance, and not me explaining why I hate it.

For me, the squad mechanic actually made it a bit easier.

Once I found out they were absolutely useless, I just started pretending it was a solo campaign, and completely ignored them. So whenever I got downed, it was actually pretty satisfying when they managed to revive me.

I do agree on the soldiers though. And I don’t know if it’s just me, but even killing them is unsatisfying.
I think it’s because I can’t see their shields pop, and instead have to look for how much armor they have on, but they just seem to eat bullets.

> 2535422737177087;19:
> > 2535454302176535;1:
> > After replaying the entire mcc and 5 on legendary. I can in my opinion say halo 5 was the most hardest. Due to it being very unbalanced.
> >
> > Legendary has always been hard, but each death felt like it was my fault, tho 5 simply felt unfair, and I believe this is due to the squad mechanic.
> >
> > I will not be discussing that, however I will say my most common complaint where Promethean soldiers. Now in my eyes the Solders are the elites of the Prometheans faction, and whilst that probably doesn’t stand they are still 9/10 the major threat in a squad.
> >
> > And whilst you might fight 4/5 elites at once in a single gun fight, you could be facing off against 10+ solders which is my main gripe, as if you got no range weapon, they can kill you in 3 to 4 shoots quickly. I’m not going into to much detail just because this is just meant to be my little annoyance, and not me explaining why I hate it.
>
> For me, the squad mechanic actually made it a bit easier.
>
> Once I found out they were absolutely useless, I just started pretending it was a solo campaign, and completely ignored them. So whenever I got downed, it was actually pretty satisfying when they managed to revive me.
>
> I do agree on the soldiers though. And I don’t know if it’s just me, but even killing them is unsatisfying.
> I think it’s because I can’t see their shields pop, and instead have to look for how much armor they have on, but they just seem to eat bullets.

Yup, and the fact you shoot them and they just teleport everywhere