Legendary Slayer is excellent

343 did a wonderful job on legendary slayer. I think they accomplished what they set out to did; give halo a more classic feel. I think it plays identical to Halo 3, except with sprint. However, I hve grown to like sprint and it would almost feel too slow now without it. At first I was not sure about the AR, however, I love the change. I am a BR fanatic, but the AR start makes the players focus on map control and weapon control rather than cross-mapping and BRing the entire game. I would not be opposed to a BR game type, but I do like it as it is. The removal of AA’s and the loadout system forces team play to become a priority, which is something I have missed. I think this playlist has done a great job for the audience it was meant to attract and just wanted to say, well done.

no its bad we should spawn with br no ar

> no its bad we should spawn with br no ar

This, would ruin it.

I hopped into LS the other day, unsure what it was until it started up-once I realized I enjoyed the heck out of it.

I miss AR starts so much. Hated nothing more than BR starts in H3 (Wheres my Carbine starts? You notice this wasn’t even allowed in a custom game option.).

I enjoy Legendary Slayer a lot more than Infinity settings, but I think it’s still got a lot of balancing to do.

I am still for the AR starts. With a BR, controller powers weapons has less of an impact. I love fighting for power again and not sitting around earning a personal ordinance and hiding with it.

It needs alot of work, and is very rough with the setup. Radar is too big, allowing range weapon players to lock down areas easier by being notified very early. Add no magnums and you might as well turn around if all you got is an AR.

Haven has too much ammo for their power weapons, Adrift have Spartan Lasers for some odd reason. Shutout’s tower is too powerful with easy access to 2 CCs(1 in red spawn, 1 in tower) and a sniper. I could say more about the other maps, but they don’t pop enough for me to get a good opinion on them.

Legendary Slayer is a huge welcome to me. Unfortunatly, it needs alot of work to make it so that Skill, not overwhelming power, is what helps keep map control and a win.

I see what you are saying. I have only played haven because that is all that has gotten voted so far, but I can see where that would be a problem. But weapon balance and spawns on maps are an easy fix I think.

What a lot of people forget is that the original description of Legendary Slayer was: A bridge between classic and infinity slayer.

People complaining about AR starts frustrate me to no end because that’s what a ‘classic’ start is, the gametype has leaned far further than it initially intended to because you lot whined enough about the lack of classic playlist.

Now you’re whining about it some more?

I did just play adrift. The lasers are pretty useless and could be replaced with a sniper or another long range. and more BR’s are needed on some maps.

I remember the days of Plasma Pistol starts. You had to go find an Assault Rifle.

love LS! it took way too long, and it’s not perfect (gettings close) but finally a good playlist with nice settings!! a question…i find myself playing haven/ shutout a lot and want to play on more maps. is it worth buying the majestic map pack? do they come up much?

> I am still for the AR starts. With a BR, controller powers weapons has less of an impact. I love fighting for power again and not sitting around earning a personal ordinance and hiding with it.

Exactly, if everyone started with the BR there would be no reason to hunt for weapons and hold territory. Starting with a magnum might work though. Legendary slayer seems great to me so far the way it is because it seems to play like classic halo. IMO this is how the game should have been released.

And I do agree that there needs to be some tweaking with havens rocket ammo, motions sensor range and some other things but they are very minor compared to the problems that we all complained about with infinity slayer (Armor abilities, random weapon spawns, ordinance drops, etc…)

I haven’t seen the majestic in it yet, but then again I’ve only played a handful of games. I’ll see at peaks times of the day when more people are on.

> love LS! it took way too long, and it’s not perfect (gettings close) but finally a good playlist with nice settings!! a question…i find myself playing haven/ shutout a lot and want to play on more maps. is it worth buying the majestic map pack? do they come up much?

I can’t say for certain, but if you bring friends that have the dlc, it will help them pop up more often.

But on it’d own, it’s a really good set of maps to play on if you are a fan of 4v4 gameplay.

thanks for the reply’s guys! i will take my chances and see what happens

Also, if someone knows what the weapons are on Lockout and could post them, that’d be great. I couldn’t find some of them, and the only BR I saw was on BR3. Thanks!

I love it but Magnum should be secondary. Only so players can have a chance against a team with a couple of precision rifles.

Although I enjoy LS it still feels lacking. I thought it was going to be a mix of Infinity and Classic. Why dont they put AAs and power ups on map? You can tweak AAs so they dont recharge in Custom Games. That way they perform like Equipment from H3. Some Forge remakes and more variants also.

I really hope they add to this playlist. Dont get rid of AR starts just give us more options.

> no its bad we should spawn with br no ar

There’s already plenty of BR start/choose your own loadout playlists. Legendary slayer is refreshing and a much different style of play. Open locations on maps that only new inexperienced players ever stumble into are more usable and it creates a different experience.

> > no its bad we should spawn with br no ar
>
> There’s already plenty of BR start/choose your own loadout playlists. Legendary slayer is refreshing and a much different style of play. Open locations on maps that only new inexperienced players ever stumble into are more usable and it creates a different experience.

And I have noticed that there are at least 4 BR’s/Carbines on each map with like 30 sec spawns. This makes for a lot of opportunities to grab a rifle. I wouldn’t mind a pistol sidearm, though. I dont think it would overpower anything with its limited ammo, and would provide a good counter to some long range rifles to fight a spawn trap.

BRs and Carbines respawn every 60 seconds.