Legendary Slayer Feedback

If you have played in the Legendary Slayer playlist, this is the place to leave the Matchmaking Systems Team your feedback! Please leave your thoughts on the following items and issues:

-Game types offered in this playlist (game settings, how they play on the map, etc)
-Maps in this playlist (design, weapons, flow, balance, etc)
-Anything else related to this playlist that you feel is important!

Note: If you found a bug while playing Halo 4 Matchmaking, please post here.

The Matchmaking Systems Team will review feedback and join the discussion when necessary. Thanks for playing.

Maps
Shutout is very broken with AR starts. One can easily camp sniper tower with the shotgun, while their teammates snipe hapless victims with the various precision weapons on the map.

The Assault Rifle can not beat the shotgun at close range, nor can it beat the precision weapons at longer ranges. It’s an almost unbeatable situation.

For these reasons, Shutout should be fixed or removed.

Also, more classic and community maps should be added to the playlist. Since items like jetpack are removed, these maps could function well whereas in gametypes like Infinity Slayer they could not.

Settings
The extreme bloom of the Magnum means it is only useful at long range if you slow your pace significantly. And in close range, it is inferior to the Assault Rifle.

Spawning players with the current Magnum will not hurt map movement, but simply give them a counter to the precision weapons in the game.

Also, many would like sprint to be disabled, and movement speed buffed up to 120% to compensate.

Gametypes
I feel there is room to experiment with this playlist, not just with BR starts either.

For now, perhaps an evolved version with Thruster Packs as a base Armor Ability, ordnance as ammo/loadout weapons, and other minor additions.

I’ll post more as I think of ideas and see issues arise.

Addendum1 (10 Thanks Prior)

Sniper Rifles
They are already hard to counter even with precision weapons, due to the addition of flinch. With assault rifles, it’s much worse.

How about we get rid of them and replace them with Lightrifles?

Shield Regen
Grenade spamming is horrid in this playlist. If you don’t want to lower grenade count, then faster shields are a necessity.

Grenades
It’s best to just spawn us with one.

Add Magnum secondary, if BR starts are added, I expect starts for all the other loadout weapons

JIP ruins the equality this gametype is pushing for. Joining a game after everyone has made a run for the power weapons isn’t fun, especially on Shutout when the enemy team already has the sniper spawn covered.

You’re utterly helpless with an AR only. I suggest removing JIP, adding a BR to the gametype and making the AR the secondary weapon.

If you try to make a run for the nearest precision weapon, you’re instantly shot dead by somebody who already picked one up prior to you joining the game. That just isn’t fair.

Also, I’m not a fan of the Rockets on Haven personally. I’m probably in the minority with that opinion though.

magnum starts too please, and no forge maps

343i never releases map information with new playlists!!! Could you please, PLEASEPlease release an overview map of all maps with detailed weapon, grenade and player spawn points, indicating times and any other relevant information.

I spent 2 minutes total looking for precision weapons on Haven one game, had no idea where the hell rockets and sniper spawned.

My last bit of suggestions is make all precision weapon spawns be 30 seconds.

Also, on Abandoned why does sniper spawn next to RED spawn while BLUE doesn’t seem to get any power weapon spawn next to them. Heck, shotty is even closer to RED spawn than BLUE.

-Edit-

We really do need team BR’s in this playlist.

I am going to do some proper game testing before I give more detailed feedback but off the bat I would like to suggest some changes.

Add a magnum secondary, Add a BR starts gametype variant, and maybe even add a DMR/ AR variant such to half emulate CEs Spawn weapon balancing, down grade some of the power weapon placements on some maps, try and minimise spawn trapping and kill farming as much as you can.

AR starts are unfair, always have been, Its just Halo 4 sandbox makes it even more prevalent than it was before. Halo 4’s power weapon sandbox is pretty dam powerful, too powerful for an AR starts gametype.

> 343i never releases map information with new playlists!!! Could you please, PLEASEPlease release an overview map of all maps with detailed weapon, grenade and player spawn points, indicating times and any other relevant information.

This entirely. This. Entirely.

> JIP ruins the equality this gametype is pushing for. Joining a game after everyone has made a run for the power weapons isn’t fun, especially on Shutout when the enemy team already has the sniper spawn covered.

JIP is not at fault, the starting weapon is at fault.

Regardless if you JIP or not, the same scenario happens. If you die and lose your precision rifle, you are screwed.

You’ve confirmed this yourself by claiming BR starts would eliminate the issue. BR starts would eliminate this issue regardless if JIP exists or not, because BR starts prevent people from getting wrecked on spawn.

Everyone should spawn with a secondary weapon what’s the deal with that?

The Rockets on Haven shouldn’t have a spare ammo count of 4, that’s too much. Please lower it to two.

Also precision rifles and particularly the Sniper are too powerful in this playlist especially since there is no descope. Please allow its to have at least a Magnum off spawn to have a chance to combat them.

> 343i never releases map information with new playlists!!! Could you please, PLEASEPlease release an overview map of all maps with detailed weapon, grenade and player spawn points, indicating times and any other relevant information.
>
> I spent 2 minutes total looking for precision weapons on Haven one game, had no idea where the hell rockets and sniper spawned.
>
> My last bit of suggestions is make all precision weapon spawns be 30 seconds.
>
>
> Also, why does sniper spawn next to RED spawn while BLUE doesn’t seem to get any power weapon spawn next to them. Heck, shotty is even closer to RED spawn than BLUE.

No team gets a power weapon while the other doesn’t. Sniper’s on the double stairway that’s farthest from the floating structure. As for the rocket, I think the amount of ammo needs to be reduced to 4 total shots.

I only have a few suggestions other than that. One is give us a pistol off-spawns to counter the few BRs and carbines that take forever to spawn. If one team gets the precision weapons, the other team is screwed with no chance of making a comeback. Maybe lower the respawn time for the BR and carbine. Another is remove sprint; I think this one is self-explanatory. My third suggestion is to add a BR variant with something like this loadout: BR/AR/2 frags/No AA/Resupply/Explosives.

I think these would make the currently great playlist even better.

> > 343i never releases map information with new playlists!!! Could you please, PLEASEPlease release an overview map of all maps with detailed weapon, grenade and player spawn points, indicating times and any other relevant information.
> >
> > I spent 2 minutes total looking for precision weapons on Haven one game, had no idea where the hell rockets and sniper spawned.
> >
> > My last bit of suggestions is make all precision weapon spawns be 30 seconds.
> >
> >
> > Also, why does sniper spawn next to RED spawn while BLUE doesn’t seem to get any power weapon spawn next to them. Heck, shotty is even closer to RED spawn than BLUE.
>
> No team gets a power weapon while the other doesn’t. Sniper’s on the double stairway that’s farthest from the floating structure. As for the rocket, I think the amount of ammo needs to be reduced to 4 total shots.
>
> I only have a few suggestions other than that. One is give us a pistol off-spawns to counter the few BRs and carbines that take forever to spawn. If one team gets the precision weapons, the other team is screwed with no chance of making a comeback. Maybe lower the respawn time for the BR and carbine. Another is remove sprint; I think this one is self-explanatory. My third suggestion is to add a BR variant with something like this loadout: BR/AR/2 frags/No AA/Resupply/Explosives.
>
> I think these would make the currently great playlist even better.

Forgot to mention that was talking about Abandoned.

> > > 343i never releases map information with new playlists!!! Could you please, PLEASEPlease release an overview map of all maps with detailed weapon, grenade and player spawn points, indicating times and any other relevant information.
> > >
> > > I spent 2 minutes total looking for precision weapons on Haven one game, had no idea where the hell rockets and sniper spawned.
> > >
> > > My last bit of suggestions is make all precision weapon spawns be 30 seconds.
> > >
> > >
> > > Also, why does sniper spawn next to RED spawn while BLUE doesn’t seem to get any power weapon spawn next to them. Heck, shotty is even closer to RED spawn than BLUE.
> >
> > No team gets a power weapon while the other doesn’t. Sniper’s on the double stairway that’s farthest from the floating structure. As for the rocket, I think the amount of ammo needs to be reduced to 4 total shots.
> >
> > I only have a few suggestions other than that. One is give us a pistol off-spawns to counter the few BRs and carbines that take forever to spawn. If one team gets the precision weapons, the other team is screwed with no chance of making a comeback. Maybe lower the respawn time for the BR and carbine. Another is remove sprint; I think this one is self-explanatory. My third suggestion is to add a BR variant with something like this loadout: BR/AR/2 frags/No AA/Resupply/Explosives.
> >
> > I think these would make the currently great playlist even better.
>
> Forgot to mention that was talking about Abandoned.

Oh I got you now. I would’ve guessed that if I’d played on Abandon in LS yet. Where were the other power weapon spawns on it?

so… I played one game on haven and kinda liked it in the beginning, but once the other team got the precision weapons and the rockets I had only hate in my heart. we need a pistol start so people don’t just run around ARing everybody in the beginning. also remove resupply, this mod just encourages nade spamming, replace it with anything. explosives seems fine it makes the nades less nukey.
I would also love to see a fixed version of this in bigteam with BRs. call it Legendary BRs with BR, AR starts and maybe have the power weapons be in resupplying initial ordinance drops. that might even work for normal legendary slayer while still having normal weapons on map.

so in short, add pistol, reduce rocket ammo on haven, and remove resupply. also make a BR version and bigteam version.

There needs to be more map options. Specifically with forge remakes of maps from halo 1-3. I have played a few maps that are very well made. For instance I downloaded a remake of turf recently, the only difference was there were no swinging doors since that isn’t possible in forge. Beaver Creek forge would be another map should be included in the rotation.

More map options and the magnum should definitely be used as a secondary weapon in the initial loadout.

Sniper spawns top right on the metal walkway near the tree lift and shotgun spawns on the exit ramp from ring two.

If you are at red spawn looking straight at blue spawn the shotgun is top left on the entrance to ring 2.

I’ve looked everywhere and could not find another sniper to balance the RED Teams sniper.

I think the playlist is great. I would be ok with adding a magnum as a secondary and BR as a votable option, but please do not make BR’s the default weapon, and please do not add any loadout option. Otherwise we’d be right back in Team Throwdown or Slayer Pro.

It seems like people coming on here to complain are asking for gametypes and settings that they can already find in other playlists. I like it the way it is. You’ve promoted close-quarters combat with AR starts which is the Halo I’ve always enjoyed playing.

> <mark>343i never releases map information with new playlists!!! Could you please, PLEASEPlease release an overview map of all maps with detailed weapon, grenade and player spawn points, indicating times and any other relevant information.</mark>
>
> I spent 2 minutes total looking for precision weapons on Haven one game, had no idea where the hell rockets and sniper spawned.
>
> My last bit of suggestions is make all precision weapon spawns be 30 seconds.
>
>
> Also, on Abandoned why does sniper spawn next to RED spawn while BLUE doesn’t seem to get any power weapon spawn next to them. Heck, shotty is even closer to RED spawn than BLUE.

This right here is what should be done first and foremost. My first game on Haven and I was instantly taken by surprise and bombarded with rockets that I had no idea were even there. It was ridiculous.

Sprint needs to be disabled since this is supposed to be replicating classic halo also please add Battle rifle as a primary and AR secondary or a legendary BR’s voting option.

Also the shield recharge rate should be lowered to 4 seconds as it’s far too slow currently and the radar range should be 25 meters to match previous halo games.

Also remove the lasers from adrift they are useless put the snipers back in there original positions the amount of ammo is excessive 6 rockets is too much.